Bullying

ExplosiveShot

The only thing is:

How would you prove the age of the person online?

I would wager a good chunk of people would falsify their age so they can get onto the adult server(s).

let them go there while the rest of us enjoy the regular servers :D

anyone remember "Age of Conan"? they couldn't verify ages or stand up to grumpy parents complaining about content their kids were exposed to....i won't be touching another Funcom product again...(Funcom's new game is "Secret world")

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WookieBob you're right on what you said about the ignore. But I've seen people ignore others for spamming or trolling. And some of us don't know what trolling is. That goes for spamming.

Even the makers of SWTOR having gotten alittle abusive with the rules. There some rule that they need to relax on and let it happen. Then some others they have to enforce. Like Anti-Cyber Bullying laws.

------------------------I can name a few countries that have enacted laws so that what happened to that 13 year girl won't happen again. List:. United States, Canada, UK, Part of the European Union, Russia, Austrialia, Japan, South Korea(I think). That's all I know.--------------------------------

My first time on SWTOR I got flagged for not talking about Star Wars enough. Then for some other things. Even Personally me was trying to use a vender for credits(Not really money). I got flagged for that too.

Sorry to bring in that issue.

I forgot to mention: The penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/harassment[/ art. Is partly right but here's the problem. When you're disabled with mental issues. And people don't know that you're not a bullying. Then it gets alittle grey.

But it's a great start. I say stick to the Anti-cyber-bullying and cyber harrassment laws. I've read them. Very long winded. But they tought me alot about what is truly Cyber-bullying and other that I mentioned before.

Oh and sometime ago: Like many years ago. Someone told me that I was being a bully online. And I said wasn't. So they didn't talk to me. No one did. They thought that they were in the right about everything. Until they found out from a friend offline. That there friend met me in person and what they said was: Shut the heck up. You're making it hard for him to make friends online End Quote.<----Another words they use the links and what not. Inorder to justify there position.

So what happened I left the internet. Because people were saying: Things like, be respectful, Don't do that or don't do this. Apologize to him or her. But the truth of the matter is that: I knew for a fact the person was just trying to make me apologize for there insecurity.

Edited by MikeRindos
Oops corrections

50s killing a 20 in pvp is not bullying..it is playing the game..is it fair...no but that 20 should know that they are eligable for pvp and be aware that they can get jumped by a bunch of people.. thats not bullying..it is playing the game..

to call it bullying is just silly.

Actually its called Griefing. How would you like to be hounded by lvl 50's over and over? I mean, they kill you and wait till you spawn, then kill you again.

Griefing can be a form of bullying. Its not silly. To think its silly, means you're silly and your OP is moot.

Edited by marseluswallace

Killing people that are lvl 20 when you are lvl 50 is not pvp your right its called pk'ing and is part of the game if you dont want to get killed by some teenager with to much free time on his hands dont roll on a pvp server again if your not happy dont play go to a server or a game that is mroe your speed, you are given a warning before entering a pvp server so complaing that your getting killed by a high lvl while crappy and sad is part of the experince

I would expect a respone like that from someone that has "gank" in their signature...

Underage people are violating the rules of the terms and conditions which they were advised to read before playing. Secondly you should make your characters on a PvE or RP server if you do not want to be attacked by higher level enemys. I only made 1 character on a PvP server, I would advise to make a tank so you can mash up little healers and dps's. It also warns you before you enter a PvP server you will be attacked frequently. Some people are as you claim "Being bullied" are not reading notices before they are so eager to be addicted to the game.

I welcome all "bullying" with open arms and often encourage/escalate when in that situation. It is probably the most social interaction the instigators have had in years.

SkoweEpar, that's one of the most rudest thing you could ever say. Also what you're saying is: Want another teen death, You want to go to jail. Remember its a federal crime.

[quote=thomasgallant;3668453

on a side note however.. I have noticed star wars to be one of the least bullying mmos out there.. More helpful and more willing to chat kindly with each other.. but maybe thats just my server.

it aint just your server sure some immature peeps are there but all in alll people are very friendly and respectful of a diff oppinion

that how ever does NOT apply the forums

Edited by Starcheif

it aint just your server sure some immature peeps are there but all in alll people are very friendly and respectful of a diff oppinion

that how ever does NOT apply the forums

That might be true. But from others. Personally me have chatted with. Bullying can be in the form of not making it easy on someone to fit in. Take the average disabled person. If they were to play this game and others are getting after him/her. Because the person doesn't understand or know what do to in the game. From kicking that person out of the guilds and groups - ignoring that person. All because they have emotional issues. That they can't help.

Besides, in your opinion. You might be right. But when you're not suffering from birth defects, learning impairments and having problems understanding. Then you're in the wrong. <---No pun attended.

Im a younger player who has experienced this not in the forums, but on my server! every time i group with someone i get called a "noob" then get kicked out of the group! this isn't everyone though. my guild is very nice and a great community!

I do the same when 50's pound on lvl 20's etc on PVP servers .. its technically "bullying"

On a PvP server this is not bullying. It's poor sportsmanship to be sure, but it's considered acceptable behavior and a way to start open world PvP (the idea being to have the 20's tell their friends and bring an ever growing number of players from both sides into a fight). On a PvE server, if this happens, it's definitely bullying.

SWTOR is rated 16+ years. Tbh, I'd never let my kids play it till they are 16 years old. The rating is there for a reason.

Until they're 16, I'd just kick 'm out of the house to get some fresh air and play outside, like I did ;)

Im a younger player who has experienced this not in the forums, but on my server! every time i group with someone i get called a "noob" then get kicked out of the group! this isn't everyone though. my guild is very nice and a great community!

Well Said Charell. You understand how I feel about this game. I left for several reason. The list is way too many. But thanks for sharing my pain.

SWTOR is rated 16+ years. Tbh, I'd never let my kids play it till they are 16 years old. The rating is there for a reason.

Until they're 16, I'd just kick 'm out of the house to get some fresh air and play outside, like I did ;)

Maglon

I do the same when 50's pound on lvl 20's etc on PVP servers .. its technically "bullying"

On a PvP server this is not bullying. It's poor sportsmanship to be sure, but it's considered acceptable behavior and a way to start open world PvP (the idea being to have the 20's tell their friends and bring an ever growing number of players from both sides into a fight). On a PvE server, if this happens, it's definitely bullying.

Well said Robnightfall and Sauska well said.

Everything the devs say is true...from a certain point of view. (Originally C'Nevyn's signature in SWG and sadly all too applicable so far in SWTOR)

I'm curious Sauska doing have any experience dealing with disabled people. Because I'm not coming back. Until this resolved and the department that handles the rules thingy. Needs to relax about the purchasing credits from outside sources(Aid in the game). Until then I'm staying the heck away from the mmo. I'm playing Command & Conquer: The First Decade.