Star Wars the Old Republic needs help

Battlepong

In my follies playing of Star Wars the Old Republic, I currently see many players moving to higher population servers i.e. The fatman. Normally in MMO's when this happens this is the first sign of a dying game. This is not meant to be an attack or trying to raise anyone's blood pressure just an observation. One of the biggest things that can help this game along is to allow third-party add-ons within the game. I know I know this is something that Bioware does not want and a few of the community members, but if you look into successful MMO was like World of Warcraft you see that other coders actually assist game developers in solving problems. Yes I know they create many of their own problems, but this is the way to actually get the community active in the game before it fails. Hence the old saying Two eyes on a project is definitely better than one. In my opinion it seems that Bioware team is more concerned with opening new regions then listening to the already had community playing the game. Just a suggestion hopefully this does not create too much having an is taken as what is meant a suggestion.

I doubt allowing add-ons would save enough people from quitting to make any noticeable difference. So I still don't want them, no matter how it is justified. You open that door, and soon somebody designs the I win buttons for each class, just like WoW has. The perfect rotations every time. Not all the top pvp people on WoW uses them, but most of them do. Putting somebody not using them at a severe disadvantage.

So no. Please, do not add them to this game. Ever. Stick to your guns Bioware!!!!!

I fully agree with this post. I am also one of these people who left a dead/dieing server for a higher pop server. I would be on all day long with NOTHING to do. I would wait 3-4 hours for a WZ to pop. I pay to play this game, NOT to sit here all day long twiddling my thumbs doing nothing. The game has a lot to offer, but it is only available to servers that have players on them. Right now there are no people in my faction on my server so I left it.

I'm also highly into addons in games. I like addons, I like the different things that they do and that they track. I am disappointed that SWTOR doesn't allow addons in their game.

I doubt allowing add-ons would save enough people from quitting to make any noticeable difference. So I still don't want them, no matter how it is justified. You open that door, and soon somebody designs the I win buttons for each class, just like WoW has. The perfect rotations every time. Not all the top pvp people on WoW uses them, but most of them do. Putting somebody not using them at a severe disadvantage.

So no. Please, do not add them to this game. Ever. Stick to your guns Bioware!!!!!

I definitely can understand what you are saying about third-party add-ons, but please give a solution to the already growing problem.

I'm not getting this dead server issue when other MMOs have fixed this through other methods: server wide grouping, PVP, and mega servers

If you read the quote from Bioware on their standpoint the servers are healthy. Secondly it has to do with retention I play on over for servers and I have had probably 30 personnel that have canceled their subscriptions.

This is from the Q&A

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas DickinsonWe will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

DrakeAssaShin: What is being done to address low population servers?

Dallas DickinsonThe Character Transfer Service, as mentioned above, will be offering free transfers from/to specific servers. This should allow the most motivated players to get onto a higher population server.

This is one of the things that I've talked about Bioware not listening to the community. This post was originally posted in customer service and yet it was moved to suggestions and buried alive with no longer to receive any reading because of all the greedy little individuals asking for little improvements i.e. high and space missions, new wars zones, new operations, when there is much larger issues to fix.

This is one of the things that I've talked about Bioware not listening to the community. This post was originally posted in customer service and yet it was moved to suggestions and buried alive with no longer to receive any reading because of all the greedy little individuals asking for little improvements i.e. high and space missions, new wars zones, new operations, when there is much larger issues to fix.

says the special snowflake after his "issue" has been addressed.