1 v 1 Championship Results

ManiacDavis

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Wakalord on the Bastion server for winning a very competitive month long dueling tournament.

http://challonge.com/bastion1v1

1v1 Tournament Schedule

The video of the championship best of 5 duels can be found here.

Thank you to all who participated and keep an eye out for new events!!!

Wow! Shocking results! Assasins get 1 and 2 place on tournament scoreboard! :eek::o

Edited by TonyDragonflame

However short or long a duration, invisibility in PvP is a alpha game mechanic. While I feel SWTOR does a decent job of balancing stealth in this game, more so than many other MMOs, it will always be an alpha ability in games that allow it for PvP.

Stealth classes never have a commitment to combat and can always make the enemy player waste their 'cooldowns'. SWTOR adds an additional lulzy mechanic to stealth classes as well, with the whole sap-and-regen-health capability.

But hey its cool someone organized an event like this. Sounds pretty cool. A month long, that's dedication.

Gotta respect Maniac for representing the commandos close to the end of the match. There was 1 or 2 marauders that did well too it seems. Sucks that 75% of that board is stealth classes though :rolleyes:

Disclaimer: I have both an Assassin and a Shadow. Great class for being well rounded in everything. I love playing mine. But I play SEVERAL other classes as well. I'm not just hating on stealthers haha.

Edited by SOULCASTER

But hey its cool someone organized an event like this. Sounds pretty cool. A month long, that's dedication.[/size]

I'm thinking of doing a new event called "The Jawa Games." It would be a play on the hunger games, 16 teams of two start around the circular PvP orb objective in the Gree Event (this would allow same faction carnage). The last team standing would be the victor, all teams must remain in the PvP objective area, no stealthies allowed to ensure fair play and avoid hiding till the last man.

Any interest among the PvP community for me to set this up?

I'm thinking of doing a new event called "The Jawa Games." It would be a play on the hunger games, 16 teams of two start around the circular PvP orb objective in the Gree Event (this would allow same faction carnage). The last team standing would be the victor, all teams must remain in the PvP objective area, no stealthies allowed to ensure fair play and avoid hiding till the last man.

Any interest among the PvP community for me to set this up?

I refer you to the Jung Ma server forums for all your RP needs Maniac.

Yeah off topic, but I hate that they removed the almost sure-fire Crit Chance on your dispatch with 2.0. I hated that change.

I'd imagine it being a little strong with dispatch usable outside execute range. But hey, stackable crit bonus to the point of autocrit on blade storms! Kinda meh without a surge talent, but waddayagonnado?

Oh really, and 3rd place too... its so fun reading assasins crying about MOAR BUFFS on PTS forum: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673129

yes, because the game should be balanced around 1v1s that makes perfect sense.

Thanks Maniac, gotta say I didn't expect a lot of celebration but I'm nonetheless more than a bit alienated by everyone's attitude about the results. Given recent Bastion happenings, I guess entering was a lose-lose decision anyways, meh. The credits are nice though.

thanks for hosting the tourney

Edited by EatenByDistance