So Sidious speaks....

Something I've almost always been confused about in Episode III, after Anakin dons the name Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, before executing Order 66, says "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy!"

By once more, I assume he means "once more".....as in it already happened, but when did the Sith rule the galaxy? Was it during one of the Kotor games? Was it involving Marka Ragnos or Naga Sadow? No, none of those work...

The Ancient Sith? The old Sith Empire? Seriously what was he talking about?

Also, It'd be pretty stupid if we "just haven't heard of it yet" considering that the Sith ruling the galaxy would have been a big friggin' deal, so what was he talkin' about? Was he just being plain-old silly Palps?

Something I've almost always been confused about in Episode III, after Anakin dons the name Darth Vader, Darth Sidious, before executing Order 66, says "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy!"

By once more, I assume he means "once more".....as in it already happened, but when did the Sith rule the galaxy? Was it during one of the Kotor games? Was it involving Marka Ragnos or Naga Sadow? No, none of those work...

The Ancient Sith? The old Sith Empire? Seriously what was he talking about?

Also, It'd be pretty stupid if we "just haven't heard of it yet" considering that the Sith ruling the galaxy would have been a big friggin' deal, so what was he talkin' about? Was he just being plain-old silly Palps?

Memory is horrible, but IIRC there was a Dark Age where the Jedi were almost entirely wiped out shortly before 1000 bby, and the Sith ruled...

Memory is horrible, but IIRC there was a Dark Age where the Jedi were almost entirely wiped out shortly before 1000 bby, and the Sith ruled...

That's shortly before the Brotherhood of Darkness (I'm currently reading the Darth Bane books) so...I...I don't know.

That's shortly before the Brotherhood of Darkness (I'm currently reading the Darth Bane books) so...I...I don't know.

Not gonna lie, I hate that Era, so I never really read up on it.

But he could have been referencing this era, the Cold War, the Sith did dominate around half the known galaxy.

Yeah it was a period during the New Sith Wars, Darth Ruin broke away from the Jedi Order and forged a Sith Empire and the effectively ousted the Jedi and the Republic to the vestiges of the galaxy and took over.

George Lucas created the backstory himself, though it was retconned into continuity.

Yeah it was a period during the New Sith Wars, Darth Ruin broke away from the Jedi Order and forged a Sith Empire and the effectively ousted the Jedi and the Republic to the vestiges of the galaxy and took over.

George Lucas created the backstory himself, though it was retconned into continuity.

Well that explains why I never heard of any of that.