Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PSA. Don't que Ranked....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PSA. Don't que Ranked....

varietasplus's Avatar


varietasplus
08.01.2020 , 01:51 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Prum and I are rarely on the same side of an argument, but in this case I 100% agree with what he said and I think you completely misinterpreted what he was saying and then spun what he said to suit your argument.

And to be fair, I don’t fully agree with everything in his OP. I’m just commenting on the post you replied to.
There is no misinterpretation here. I agree with all prerequisits but the one I quoted for that is out of line and I have explained why: no one should encourage others to play deathmatch in regs (other than arenas). On a sidenote, I have to say, situational awereness is far more important in SR than topping the DPS chart, yet it was not listed.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
08.01.2020 , 02:22 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by varietasplus View Post
There is no misinterpretation here. I agree with all prerequisits but the one I quoted for that is out of line and I have explained why: no one should encourage others to play deathmatch in regs (other than arenas). On a sidenote, I have to say, situational awereness is far more important in SR than topping the DPS chart, yet it was not listed.
I think my total posting history will show how anti death match I am. I mean, just about every other thread I’m b****ing about it and how those players wreak objective pvp with that mentality. I honestly don’t think Prum was promoting it in that post.
Of course maybe he could have put it better, but I’ve been here long enough to actually understand what he was trying to say.

Krirjin's Avatar


Krirjin
08.01.2020 , 05:26 PM | #33
It doesn't matter if you are even playing normal.
If you're not in the top gear score, you're not doing anything anyway.
You aren't killing anyone. You're not getting an objective.

I just had a healer solo me. Shrug.
Oh well, one less player in pvp.

undies's Avatar


undies
08.02.2020 , 11:08 PM | #34
does the victor's set count

Ksiphon's Avatar


Ksiphon
08.03.2020 , 11:16 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by septru View Post
PSA. Don't que Ranked if...
  • You don't have 306ilvl.
  • You don't have a tactical.
  • You don't have a set bonus.
  • You can't guard swap as a tank.
  • You are new to pvp.
  • You do under 2k dps.
  • You do under 5k hps.
  • You aren't at the top of the boards on a regular basis in regs.
  • You get pummeled in regs on a regular basis.
  • You haven't mastered your class.
  • You haven't mastered basic skills in pvp (awareness, APM, defensives...etc)


Ranked is not a starting place.
I pay a sub and I queue for ranked whenever I want to dude.

DougKiller's Avatar


DougKiller
08.04.2020 , 11:16 PM | #36
How to train to play ranked, when arenas rarely pop?

septru's Avatar


septru
08.04.2020 , 11:20 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by DougKiller View Post
How to train to play ranked, when arenas rarely pop?
Regs. The same way the other 7 people in your game learned.

teclado's Avatar


teclado
08.05.2020 , 02:03 AM | #38
I think the only reason 90% of us even consider ranked is because it offers better rewards. Offer the same rewards in unranked and suddenly we wouldn’t need this PSA as the only people playing it would be in it for the challenge. Then again, the queue would be really dead, at which point people might finally begin to understand the concept of attrition.

Turn-XGundam's Avatar


Turn-XGundam
08.05.2020 , 08:31 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by teclado View Post
I think the only reason 90% of us even consider ranked is because it offers better rewards. Offer the same rewards in unranked and suddenly we wouldn’t need this PSA as the only people playing it would be in it for the challenge. Then again, the queue would be really dead, at which point people might finally begin to understand the concept of attrition.
ranked has always been a joke in swtor and not meant to be taken seriously
i only did for the rewards back in 2017

darkzannah's Avatar


darkzannah
08.06.2020 , 12:29 AM | #40
what I say to this list I say no no no no no no no no no no no, and one word FREEDOM