Ninja Looters and all their excuses

I just came back to playing after a 3 year hiatus. I don't think I have ever seen so much ninja looting (especially bad on the Republic side). I have characters on both sides / factions. I had this happen on just about every friggin run too. After the person needs on everything, and a couple of the group members ask why they are needing, they say, oh sorry was an accident. Or.. you get the "I need it to sell, so piss off" attitude. Or if your a low level toon like say 12-25 they say "you can buy better gear, so who cares if I need on it". It really is incredibly selfish for those of us who are running flashpoints and instances trying to get a particular drop or item. I am making a list on both sides of who not to run an instance with. I mean seriously, this is just bad sportsmanship.

But if you do it and your in my group, you're getting vote kicked out of the group. Rest assured as a tank, I won't take you on any higher level raids either if your on my ninja looter list.:rak_03:

I just came back to playing after a 3 year hiatus. I don't think I have ever seen so much ninja looting (especially bad on the Republic side). I have characters on both sides / factions. I had this happen on just about every friggin run too. After the person needs on everything, and a couple of the group members ask why they are needing, they say, oh sorry was an accident. Or.. you get the "I need it to sell, so piss off" attitude. Or if your a low level toon like say 12-25 they say "you can buy better gear, so who cares if I need on it". It really is incredibly selfish for those of us who are running flashpoints and instances trying to get a particular drop or item. I am making a list on both sides of who not to run an instance with. I mean seriously, this is just bad sportsmanship.

But if you do it and your in my group, you're getting vote kicked out of the group. Rest assured as a tank, I won't take you on any higher level raids either if your on my ninja looter list.:rak_03:

3 year hiatus, wow, that's long! Sure was fun playing back in April 2011, the game has never been the same. :rak_03:

3 year hiatus, wow, that's long! Sure was fun playing back in April 2011, the game has never been the same. :rak_03:

Haha, yea is a long time. I played in the Beta and got early access in 2011. Leveled up a number of toons then got bored. Your right though, a lot has changed with this game. You have to pay to have legacy access now. Wasn't like that when I played. Maybe there are more kids playing these games now.. because I don't recall so many just down right rude players, but then again I am getting old.. so maybe my memory is just going..lol

I thought I recalled a stealthkitty in beta doing ninja looting..........

It seems my sarcasm eluded you. :p The game was released in December 2011, meaning you could have been gone only for under 2 years and a half, probably loads less since you actually played the game. :sul_wink: Edited by Memo-

It seems my sarcasm eluded you. :p The game was released in December 2011, meaning you could have been gone only for under 2 years and a half, probably loads less since you actually played the game. :sul_wink:

Almost 3 years, but I didn't play but maybe for about 6 months at most. Was in the beta though prior to the game coming out.

It seems my sarcasm eluded you. :p The game was released in December 2011, meaning you could have been gone only for under 2 years and a half, probably loads less since you actually played the game. :sul_wink:

Because the amount of time they weren't playing for is really the point of the topic. Congratulations.

Because the amount of time they weren't playing for is really the point of the topic. Congratulations.

Aww come on. :p I just happen to find exaggarations like this funny, that's all. :p No, it's not even close to three years if you played for six months. Under two years then.

On topic, finally, no, I don't think ninja looting has gotten worse. It sucks when it happens, but unless the loot mechanic is changed, it won't go away, since some people will always abuse a situation if it arises. :(

Aww come on. :p I just happen to find exaggarations like this funny, that's all. :p No, it's not even close to three years if you played for six months. Under two years then.

On topic, finally, no, I don't think ninja looting has gotten worse. It sucks when it happens, but unless the loot mechanic is changed, it won't go away, since some people will always abuse a situation if it arises. :(

Given my age, probably older than your mom, you can cut me some slack on remembering exact timing. I am not even sure if it was a solid 6 months that I played to be honest. But in any case, who gives a ****? The point I made was it has been quite a long while since I played this game and only recently came back to play it.

Edited by stealthkitty

At least they bother making excuses all I've seen is silence also isn't there a we can trade flashpoint loot among the group?(never got to actually use it)

Did they change that? I didn't think you could trade items that were looted in a flashpoint or instance/raid? I probably get the excuses because I put up quite a stink about it when they do ninja loot, and then as a tank I just leave if they keep doing it.

Did they change that? I didn't think you could trade items that were looted in a flashpoint or instance/raid? I probably get the excuses because I put up quite a stink about it when they do ninja loot, and then as a tank I just leave if they keep doing it.

Yeah, you have 2 hours to trade any Bind-on-Pickup items between the players that were eligible for it.

(And way to go, bringing the age-card into a harmless argument. :p Fine, I'll humour you. How old would you reckon my mother is, then? :rak_03:)

Edited by Memo-

Yeah, you have 2 hours to trade any Bind-on-Pickup items between the players that were eligible for it.

(And way to go, bringing the age-card into a harmless argument. :p Fine, I'll humour you. How old would you reckong my mother is, then? :rak_03:)

Is the "age card" like the 'race card" or something..lmao and I am 50.

You really are enjoying derailing this thread, huh?

Edited by stealthkitty

Hey, I answered your question too! So it's kinda 50/50, hanging in the balance. ;)

My mom is 52 tho.

Hey, I answered your question too! So it's kinda 50/50, hanging in the balance. ;)

My mom is 52 tho.

Yes in fact you did! I thank you for that btw. Not sure that will make much difference with ninja looters, they aren't going to hand over loot they want once they pick it up. As I said my only recourse is to boot them. There are some advantages on being a tank and leading a group! =)

You really should stop feeding the troll.

Also it has to be said, F2P peeps can't trade the loot that they ninja, which is a double edged sword, because they also have limited rolls per week.

Honestly though I don't pay that much attention to who wins what loot, it's way too hard in this game. We should get a /lootWindow like WoW has.

More to the point of this thread though this game NEEDS a much improved Need/Greed system. There should be a restriction on rolling Need on things that are not you Armor Type. IE BH/Trooper shouldn't be able to need on Medium or Light armor. Also you shouldn't be able to roll Need on Rep items with a faction that you are already at Legend with, that's is just greedy as all hell, and annoys the piss out of me, when I need them, and then someone needs the second loot drop of one when I was the only needer before. There needs to be a second tier of Need, for companion needs, and you should have to set a specific companion for those rolls, and just like the main need rolls, if the stuff isn't good for the companion then you can't Need on it. Greed and RE should remain unchanged other than the fact that they should be the only things that are always present when applicable.

Edited by SuperGrunt

@stealthkitty: ninja looters suck. Here's what I do:

If I don't need the item that dropped, I will call them on it, briefly explain the loot rules, then watch to see if they do it again. If their response is something along the lines of "you take this game too seriously" or "I need to sell it," I initiate a votekick. If they start behaving, then they just learned how to be better members of the group.

If I DO need the item that dropped, I will call them on it and ask them to trade with me. If they refuse, then it's votekick or quit the group.

Playing a tank and having instapop queues make this strategy quite painless.

My weirdest experience with ninjas: Gunslinger needing on everything. Me as Commando healer. I greed all because I already have better gear. Our Vanguard tank doesn't mind either. We have shadow as DPS and she says no word during whole run.

Run is Athiss and doublesaber drops. Shadow asks if she could need to blade.

Gunslinger says "no, I want it" and Shadow hits Pass ...

My weirdest experience with ninjas: Gunslinger needing on everything. Me as Commando healer. I greed all because I already have better gear. Our Vanguard tank doesn't mind either. We have shadow as DPS and she says no word during whole run.

Run is Athiss and doublesaber drops. Shadow asks if she could need to blade.

Gunslinger says "no, I want it" and Shadow hits Pass ...

I've had those groups where someone is being an @sshat and hitting Need on everything while being annoying and bullying to the group and even when tactfully called on it, the others in the group won't vote to kick or will just take the abuse and not say or do a thing.

Maybe they are scared of bullies or something, but me, I don't put up with that kind of crap.

I will kick these types of people as well as I have no problems dropping a group with one of them and adding them to my ignore list (luckily it doesn't happen often or I'd overwhelm my ignore lists, and for the @sshats like the greedy Need everything types, I also add them to all my characters).

Edited by DawnAskham

My mom is 52 tho.

HOW DARE YOU!!! Mothers don't have ages unless it is 26 when speaking to other kids' daddies.

On topic:

Many ninja looters feign ignorance. One guy the other day needed on an aim shield and he was a Jedi Guardian. When confronted he said the endurance stats were better than what he had on now. *facepalm*

Many Ninja Looters I found were on low lvl FP, luckily, so no real big deal about the gear they got - unless I want it for aesthetics. ;) Anyway, most were new players quite clueless about the statistics and gear, so I usually gave them a brief explanation - using my high levels as templates if I have the proper class, or directing them to guides like Dulfy (great ones there, btw :)) so they can see a little about high lvl gear and how to gear properly. Some times that makes them do things properly, needing only on stuff they can use themselves, or at least asking if noone needs on something, if they can Need for their comps.

There are bads too though, who just don't care about others - "run this again buddy, I got it and I keep it" is the answer I get from them most of the times - and that will enter my Ignore List after the run. If they need on something not for them, I may need myself and trade it to the player who has a use for it, after asking the guy if he/she's F2P, since they simply can't trade...:o

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

I once hat a ninja looter who said: I am able to roll need, therefore I roll need.

Of course he kept doing it. When we vote kicked him he stated we were childish. Well, I wonder who is more childish, the person who can't behave according to social standards or those wo can?

I've had those groups where someone is being an @sshat and hitting Need on everything while being annoying and bullying to the group and even when tactfully called on it, the others in the group won't vote to kick or will just take the abuse and not say or do a thing.

Maybe they are scared of bullies or something, but me, I don't put up with that kind of crap.

I will kick these types of people as well as I have no problems dropping a group with one of them and adding them to my ignore list (luckily it doesn't happen often or I'd overwhelm my ignore lists, and for the @sshats like the greedy Need everything types, I also add them to all my characters).

Perhaps they just want the FP done. If you kick a player (especially a tank or healer) you may have to wait around unless it's a tactical FP. Actually, for old FP sometimes you have to wait around even if you are missing a DPS.

Edited by Kyanzes

Easy fix to ninja looters, don't run in random ques. Get with a group of friends and do the content with them. With the way the loot system is in this game, that is the only way to guarantee against ninja looters.