A bit of "cheating" during parsing.

Equeliber

Noticed that some parsers are using a skill called Guild Reinforcement Strike. It adds about 5% extra DPS to their parses. Someone already parsed 12k just because of this skill.

I am not sure what this skill even is (something from the new guild system?) and I doubt that you can use it in Master Mode ops. So it's not very important.

So, mostly just a warning that some people might not actually parse as high as they are trying to show, some guy went from a consistent 9,8k Madness parse to 10,6k in the end of it, just because of using this ability - that's a pretty huge deal, obviously.

Here is an example of it.

Edited by Equeliber

bioware does not care as starparse is a third party programm...

the parsely guy is keeping an eye on the leaderboards and the 12k parse is already reported....

most likely those parses will no longer show on the leaderbards as soon as the parsely guy has figured it out..

it was much more annoying with the pts parses and there the guy had to manually check every dummy parse uploaded as you could not find out where those parses were made.

and btw people who upload that stuff as public are just low....

if people only want to show stuff to friends they could upload that stuff as non public and give them the link....

and its not "cheating" it is CHEATING...

but as i am main heal and have to equip it it wont be my problem until in like 6 months when my dps toons got gear #grindingisnofun #firethepeoplewhocameupwith5.10gearing #hashtagssuckhard

Edited by Opiklo

bioware does not care as starparse is a third party programm...

the parsely guy is keeping an eye on the leaderboards and the 12k parse is already reported....

most likely those parses will no longer show on the leaderbards as soon as the parsely guy has figured it out..

it was much more annoying with the pts parses and there the guy had to manually check every dummy parse uploaded as you could not find out where those parses were made.

and btw people who upload that stuff as public are just low....

if people only want to show stuff to friends they could upload that stuff as non public and give them the link....

and its not "cheating" it is CHEATING...

but as i am main heal and have to equip it it wont be my problem until in like 6 months when my dps toons got gear #grindingisnofun #firethepeoplewhocameupwith5.10gearing #hashtagssuckhard

cheating :D :D :D dry your pants guys.

oh god, thats better than i could ever imagine. already got the internet p***s boys triggered.

its a set bonus you can get by using 5 guild perks of the same type: "everytime you deal damage or get hit there is a small chance to activate a guild attack".

you cant even control IF and WHEN it proccs. and the odds seem ridiculously low, that someone would have to parse for hours and hours to get it on purpose.

our guild got it since 48hrs. i played like 10 hours in this time, doing dailies and raiding etc. it didnt even procc once. then i did exactly one full parse to check out the new item level....boom

Edited by mrphstar

Noticed that some parsers are using a skill called Guild Reinforcement Strike. It adds about 5% extra DPS to their parses. Someone already parsed 12k just because of this skill.

I am not sure what this skill even is (something from the new guild system?) and I doubt that you can use it in Master Mode ops. So it's not very important.

So, mostly just a warning that some people might not actually parse as high as they are trying to show, some guy went from a consistent 9,8k Madness parse to 10,6k in the end of it, just because of using this ability - that's a pretty huge deal, obviously.

Here is an example of it.

The Guild Reinforcment is a passive skill gained by one of those guild perk set boni....it triggers on random chance for every hit you're doing in all occasions, but mm operations and pvp.

so maybe those guys werent aware of this but adding 700 dps in a log should have been noticed.

I think this will be added by the parsely person like those mm crystals. if your log contains this abillity you'll be marked or something like that.

But a guy parsing cant just get rid of this guild reinforcment and has to leave the guild, when those perks are active...so they are not doing this intended i think.

in the end it is irrelevant concerning about top parses in 2k19 :rak_01:

Edited by ultimarb

The Guild Reinforcment is a passive skill gained by one of those guild perk set boni....it triggers on random chance for every hit you're doing in all occasions, but mm operations and pvp.

so maybe those guys werent aware of this but adding 700 dps in a log should have been noticed.

I think this will be added by the parsely person like those mm crystals. if your log contains this abillity you'll be marked or something like that.

But a guy parsing cant just get rid of this guild reinforcment and has to leave the guild, when those perks are active...so they are not doing this intended i think.

in the end it is irrelevant concerning about top parses in 2k19 :rak_01:

Thanks for explaining what it is. To be honest, these "set bonuses" from guild are mostly stupid. Alacrity boost, what? And this too... I really like the guild passive system but set bonuses should be redesigned.

And yes, they can't control it, it seems. Which makes it even more annoying. Just more work for the parsely guy to filter these out + the parser's otherwise potentially good parse becomes invalid because of this.