Game Freezing up on Ossus

Dianni

I run my graphics on high with no problems, with the exception of the Assault on Tython end cutscene. I logged in to play the new content. Within five minutes on Ossus scanning, game freeze. Restart game, log in, turn down graphics to low - freeze on cut scene. After 5 more tries I get to the ship - Freeze up.

Basically, the new content is unplayable for me. I am mad so I haven't tried any other stuff to see if it the problem has found its way into other content but if I know SWTOR, it has.

Anybody else having this problem?

Same here. No issues outside of Ossus, but in Ossus the game freezes and crashes over and over again and it always requires a game restart. Tonight I couldn't even get through 30 minutes of dailies without two crashes. The only way I've been able to deal with it is to set the graphics very low. I have a 2018 system so it's not the "outdated graphics card" excuse.

Another one here with the same. The game froze on me (2 x cutscenes, and 2 x mid-combat) until I took my settings to low on everything.

I have Intel integrated, which is known for freezing sometimes (2 cutscenes on Nathema, several in KOTET). It never happens when playing vanilla. It's getting worse with each new story bit.

• 2 months later...
Same issue for me, only Ossus game freezes every 5-10 seconds for 2-3 seconds at a time. No issue anywhere else not sure what EA/Bioware is doing on that planet but considering it's the one of the only way to get the new gear this is getting frustrating

I've run 8 characters through Ossus and had the freeze issue on the final cutscene on every toon. I adjusted graphics to no avail and was losing hope fast because I really love this game and figured it was out-growing my poor little integrated Intel graphics. I usually don't have any trouble anywhere else - just that final cutscene. I had one Imperial who made it through all the way. My last effort seemed to pay off: I adjusted Gamma settings down by 20pts and that got toon 1 through the dreaded cutscene. Put default settings back on and tried the next toon - the scene locked up again. Adjusted the Gamma down 20pts again and was able to complete the chapter again. I left gamma adjusted down and ran toon 3 - game locked up. Adjusted gamma down again and completed the cutscene. I ran the remaining characters at default settings until the last fight and adjusted Gamma down again just prior to the last fight and that has worked. It's weird magic, but I'm not going to complain - I only have 24 more toons to run through now. LOL

I do run on an Intel card but it's one that is literally only a few months old and my system is well above the stated system requirements. It's very noticeable that the game runs fine in most places but crashes on Ossus (and currently also in the Odessen companion console scene and a few KOTFE and KOTET scenes) unless the graphics are turned way down. Why is it that Copero and Nathema are fine but Ossus isn't?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Well, I'm glad it's not just me, but it is incredibly frustrating. I decided to wait before jumping on this expansion (anticipating server draw) and started a new toon to waste time - only to get here and still not be able to play it. The first few cut scenes I was able to restart and continue, now I'm basically stuck at Malora since it freezes in the middle of the air attack.

I do run on an Intel card but it's one that is literally only a few months old and my system is well above the stated system requirements. It's very noticeable that the game runs fine in most places but crashes on Ossus (and currently also in the Odessen companion console scene and a few KOTFE and KOTET scenes) unless the graphics are turned way down. Why is it that Copero and Nathema are fine but Ossus isn't?

Well, the Intel graphics were never aimed towards gameplay and they've always sucked at it - even the newest versions. There does seem to be some graphics and/or other changes in the newer parts of SWTOR that cause problems with some systems. Some parts of Onderon are very laggy for me.

Two suggestions:

1. Make sure you have the latest graphic driver. Actually, make sure ALL your drivers are up to date. Sometimes conflicts between drivers can cause all sorts of glitches.

2. Unless it's a laptop, consider getting a basic discrete graphics card such as a GTX-1050 or RX 550. (but not something really crapping like a GT-1030

(If it is a laptop, your SoL unless a driver fixes it.)