• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Peyton

2. <Game Genie>

3. Vanguard

4. Voidstar

5. 3741.4 DPS

6. http://i.imgur.com/8vJrsQV.jpg

Thanks for the post. I've decided not to include this in the records for one of two possible reasons:

1. It is a miscalculation. Since there was clearly a full first round as noted by the score, there would have been a total of 525 seconds. If you calculate the DPS using the total damage, it only should have come out to 1011.96.

2. He came in late to the game. If this were the case, he would have only played 142 seconds, or 2:22 minutes. That's only about 25% of the whole game. It isn't fair to compare full games to one in which the player only plays a quarter of it.

Still a good number to have in the screenie folder!

Haha, did you actually play the whole game? Just curious because I've never seen anything like that before.

The game could have bugged out and did not add a 1 to the beginning of his total damage who says the DPS was miscalculated maybe it was the total damage done, and in that case the record should go through.

Edited by tizeren

The game could have bugged out and did not add a 1 to the beginning of his total damage who says the DPS was miscalculated maybe it was the total damage done, and in that case the record should go through.

Perhaps. If we assume that Peyton played in the whole game and Bioware dropped the 1 making his total 1,531,279, then he would have scored 2,916.7 DPS. Maybe it bugged and it forgot to add a two, or a three, or a four... If he had scored the DPS in a 525 second game with the DPS in the screenie, his total DMG would have been 1,964, 235. Bottom line, the numbers just don't add up.

Is GG trying to troll the records thread now? Don't worry Diz, they'll teach algebra next year ;).

Honest posts only. Trying to keep this a troll free zone. Thanks.

Honest posts only. Trying to keep this a troll free zone. Thanks.

Trolling was not the intention. The number is clearly ridiculous but it's something I don't think many people have seen before.

You might want to add that records should only be submitted from matches in which the player has participated for the entirety, to avoid any future confusion.

Trolling was not the intention. The number is clearly ridiculous but it's something I don't think many people have seen before.

You might want to add that records should only be submitted from matches in which the player has participated for the entirety, to avoid any future confusion.

Let me further elaborate on the math here. To get close to 4k DPS you'd have to be doing 6k per GCD. Yes, dots will add to that, but even your highest hit has your under 6k. (Highest Hit) mind you. But for academia's sake, when did you join the fight? Something as monumental as that DPS achievement surely would have stuck out in your head. I'm sure you have combat logging turned on as well. Why don't you include the corresponding parse so we can verify that you were only in the fight for a partial match. It will be uninterrupted as you had no deaths.

Further the plant was done in about 1 minute as indicated by the time elapsed (which you obviously held them off the first round), there's no way you did 500k damage in 60 seconds. If that were the case your dps would be closer to 8.5k.

You also had 39 kills, which was only 4 off of the top kills and pretty much dwarfed everyone else in your group as well. As you don't have any healing abilities all those kills were initiated by you inflicting damage on players individually (or through your limited AoE as a vanguard). So, I just think it was an error in the system. There's no way that DPS is accurate.

Edited by Drazzen