Dismissing Companions

AFadedMemory

Unfortunately, no. I wish that there was though. One way I have found to reliably keep my companion away, at least for a time, is to travel to my stronghold, dismiss my companion, and then log off. When next I log on with the character the companion will be away and will generally stay away for a while. Unfortunately even that is not a permanent dismissal.

I would very much like the ability to dismiss a companion and have them stay away.

I'm trying to solo story mode, but after cut-scenes or when I enter a story instance my companion auto summons. Is there away to stop that?

If it's just about the challenge of soloing stuff, I'd advise to set your comp to passive rather than dismissing him/her. He will stay passive after cut-scenes too, so you don't need to dismiss him over and over.

If it conflicts with your imersion too much, to have a creepy guy stalking you and photo-bombing your cut-scenes, the only other thing other than constantly dismiss them, is to send them on long crew-skill missions or let them craft a lot of stuff (war supplies take relatively long f.e.). But you need to have the mats and/or have the missions/blueprints unlocked, of course.