Change character's appearance?

ballmatt

I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is "no," but I've been wrong before.

Can you change the appearance of you character once you've created them?

i.e. different haircut, hair color, tattoos, etc...

Yes, you can. There is an appearance designer which allows you to change everything about your character, with the exception of the gender.

It can be found on the Imperial/Republic fleet in the Cartel Bazaar. You can also buy it for your stronghold off the Cartel Market or the GTN (if someone is selling it).

NOTE: Changing your appearance costs some cartel coins.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Yes, you can. There is an appearance designer which allows you to change everything about your character, with the exception of the gender.

I'm assuming not your species, as well?

So I could go from a short, white, human with long hair to a large, black, bald human?

I'm assuming not your species, as well?

So I could go from a short, white, human with long hair to a large, black, bald human?

Actually, you can change your species. Like I said, you can change everything with the exception of your gender. That includes hair, eye color, body type, skin color, scars, species, head, etc.

Edited by Essence_of_Light

The only thing you cannot change is your faction, class, advanced class, and your gender. Everything else about your character you can change.

It costs a lot of cartel coins to change species though (I think 600+), and you'll most likely want to change other options, since it doesn't move any of the other sliders, so there's not guarantee you'll get the look you want. Expect to spend about 1,000 CCs for a new character appearance, especially if you're not sub.

It can be found on the Imperial/Republic fleet in the Cartel Bazaar. You can also buy it for your stronghold off the Cartel Market or the GTN (if someone is selling it).

NOTE: Changing your appearance costs some cartel coins.

Essence_of_Light has covered a good amount of information there, but I am just going to add 2 things he left out.

# 1. When it comes to APPEARANCE KIOSKS, they can also be found on Coruscant and in Kaas City.

# 2. Some hair styles, hair colors, and other changes need to be bought on GTN or Cartel market to be able to use them on the APPEARANCE KIOSK..

Hope this helps. May the force be with you.

Wow, wasn't expecting that.

Thanks!

Yeah it's really nice that SWTOR has the appearance boutiques. It took me ages to find an Appearance Designer - which I did a couple of days ago. I did some experimenting, jumping around races and their various options. The special new hair styles and hair colour options for the Humans and Chiss look very nice.

I wonder if Bioware will add more hair colours and styles over time. I imagine that in a futuristic universe, most species would embrace glamour. They aren't in the stone age after all, and surely they'd influence each other! I'm happy I bought the Cathar race, I love cats. Still, I really think they'd look supurr-cute with some high fashion hairstyles and new unique fur/hair colour options. Let them Rawr! :cool:

I wonder if Bioware will add more hair colours and styles over time. I imagine that in a futuristic universe, most species would embrace glamour. They aren't in the stone age after all, and surely they'd influence each other! I'm happy I bought the Cathar race, I love cats. Still, I really think they'd look supurr-cute with some high fashion hairstyles and new unique fur/hair colour options. Let them Rawr! :cool:

I don't see why "most species would embrace glamour" in a futuristic universe. The one doesn't lead to the other.

But I wouldn't be surprised if things were added to the appearance kiosk, this has less to do with glamour and more to do with business.

Edited by Dragondog

I don't see why "most species would embrace glamour" in a futuristic universe. The one doesn't lead to the other.

But I wouldn't be surprised if things were added to the appearance kiosk, this has less to do with glamour and more to do with business.

I saw plenty of potential for creativity in the Star Wars movies, I'm crazy enough to like Jar Jar Binks! We all appreciate things differently, makes it interesting.

I hope you're right that they add more features. I'm not in the market for vehicles or packs (Cartel Packs are way too random from what I could tell watching some youtube pack openings), but I did get the Cathar race, and might spring for those character customizations.

I saw plenty of potential for creativity in the Star Wars movies, I'm crazy enough to like Jar Jar Binks! We all appreciate things differently, makes it interesting.

I hope you're right that they add more features. I'm not in the market for vehicles or packs (Cartel Packs are way too random from what I could tell watching some youtube pack openings), but I did get the Cathar race, and might spring for those character customizations.

The words like and Jar Jar Binks should never be used in the same sentence unless there is a don't before the like.

I can never look at you the same way again. ಠ_ಠ

How Wooooood!!

You can look at me all day long if they do the right thing and make Gungans a playable race! Such fun to have the game teeming with Gungan Inquisitors, Gungan Juggernauts, Gungan Commandos, basically, whatever your favourite class is with a Gungan prefix. There's a Gungan hidden in all of us.....

It's past bedtime, you have sweet dreams :)

Hmmm. "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...."

So, is that "futuristic" or "historic". ;)

Lolz I suppose it's both! :cool: Right, it's just about the sense that Star Wars is ahead of us in terms of science, space travel, intergalactic empires, and alien civilizations. Space operas make quite a playground. :)

It costs a lot of cartel coins to change species though (I think 600+), and you'll most likely want to change other options, since it doesn't move any of the other sliders, so there's not guarantee you'll get the look you want. Expect to spend about 1,000 CCs for a new character appearance, especially if you're not sub.

Changing species makes all the other options free, though.