X : TOR as EJ : WOW. Solve for X.

Gyrovague

Is there a good location/site for more advanced class guides? I.e., that talk about rotations, strategies, stat values, etc. for both pve and pvp?

I've been Googling but have only found guides that are either too basic or were last updated around the time TOR launched. I know how to play MMOs, and I can read tool tips, but there is often subtlety to the interaction of talents, abilities, and underlying mechanics that is non-obvious at first.

In other words, is there an Elitist Jerks for TOR?

Noxxic is generally bad, and since the info is only general in nature and not specific, its really just bad.

Mmo-mechanics (with warrior/swtor mechanics) used to be good, but has been mostly dead for a while.

These forums have been the best resource I've found, but amount and quality of information is pretty varied depending on class/spec, and usually takes a bit of digging.

Combat mechanics in swtor are much less complicated than in wow though, so that's something.

What spec(s) are you looking for info on?

Edited by OlosBC

*crickets*

edit: this'd be a great opportunity for a CM to say something constructive.

... or maybe pass on to the Devs that players need more information (or maybe even some kind of in-game guidance / hints in the UI) upon which to deal with meta-game content like stat allocation / optimisation - particularly where diminishing returns and other opaque mechanics are concerned.

And after reading Gamasutra's article on crunch time, I'd also like several air-worthy pigs.

Edited by Kynesis

Ultimately all of them, but at the moment Jedi Guardian.

Which spec? There's a huge thread on guardian forums for vengeance. The tanking forum in the roles section should have a ton of info on defense spec. There's not as much out there on focus, but should be some. Remember to check the mirror forum as well (Sith Juggernaut in this case), as the info is the same once you switch the terms.

*crickets*

edit: this'd be a great opportunity for a CM to say something constructive.

... or maybe pass on to the Devs that players need more information (or maybe even some kind of in-game guidance / hints in the UI) upon which to deal with meta-game content like stat allocation / optimisation - particularly where diminishing returns and other opaque mechanics are concerned.

And after reading Gamasutra's article on crunch time, I'd also like several air-worthy pigs.

There almost certainly will never be any of that sort of info in game, nor should there be, in my opinion.

And if there was, it'd be just as likely to be completely wrong, or missing key information points.