Creepiest Romance? (Spoilers, obviously)

Canareth

Writing, power disparity and role abuse all count.

I'll suggest Female Inquisitor with Andro. "If you ever leave me, I'll kill you" has lots of implications with a character that's both a stupid-powerful Sith Dark Councilor and kind of nutty - and talking to a mere human.

Edited by Canareth

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nadia. It felt like she was stalking my guy like his number one fan. Any even vaguely nice response to her was taken as a passionate admission of undying love. He ended up married to her because anything short of being a complete *** furthered the "romance". I expect if he leaves her for Theron, she'll come after him with a hammer.

Nadia, because no matter what she saids, in her voice it always sounds...creepy. Plus that convo where she wants to prove her love by sleeping with you, if the right dialogue options are picked, is rather disturbingly manipulative. I always feel like my Councilor is taking advantage of a clueless child. *Shivers*

Anyone who decides to make a 60+ year old looking character and still romances one of the LIs :p

Hey, the relationship between my 65 years old Darth Satanilus and the 20 year old Ashara is not creepy! It's true love I tell you! :p

As a guy who was exactly like that character...Corso Riggs. I thought I was creepy back in the day, but the romance with Corso gave Vietnam flashbacks. I'm sure he stares at my smuggler while she is sleeping o.o

I actually liked the male romances, but of the female romances, two especially seemed weird to me.

1) Kaliyo. It makes no sense to romance this girl. She's an unpredictable maniac who literally sells information about you to terrorists and psychopaths. Any half-sane agent would realize she is a horrible girl to end up hitched to. Honestly, I'm shocked there wasn't an option to kill her right there.

2) Nadia. The girl is your ward and padawan, and I feel like her interest in the male consular is just obsession. She hero-worships him, and romancing her feels like seducing a naive high-schooler as a pervy teacher... except that she comes after you super hard, so maybe it's the other way around.

With Kira, at least with a female Jedi, it feels like BFF equals time, though they put in a Master/Padawan situation for you two, maybe because they prefer to only partner Jedi up that way?

Nadia, while she comes off as a friend, it very much feels like the naive younger sister friend who you help guide (cause Consular does not feel like an old person in the story :p)

Dark sided Jaesa hands down.

First you stalk her and kill all her family and friends. Then you torture her teacher and when she shows up you first torment her psychologically and then you beat her up physically. She finally completly snaps under all that and becomes a broken insane husk of the person she used to be and is completely stripped of all humanity she once posessed.

And then, and only then , do you f*ck her.

Yikes.

Honestly it's really really disgusting.

First you stalk her and kill all her family and friends. Then you torture her teacher and when she shows up you first torment her psychologically and then you beat her up physically. She finally completly snaps under all that and becomes a broken insane husk of the person she used to be and is completely stripped of all humanity she once posessed.

Yikes.

^This.

Honestly, how is this even a contest?

The DS Jaesa romance is just disturbing.

Yikes.

Yeahhhhh... okay, that one is the creepiest.

Yikes.

I started to go for it on my last warrior but then I was just like what the hell is this?! It felt super creepy even without all the back story. She just tries to jump you over and over again and won't take no for an answer because I picked the flirt option one time!!!! I can't stand her now it's creeps me out to look at her haha

^This.

Honestly, how is this even a contest?

When I did Dark Jaesa with a male Sith Warrior, I was nice to her friends and family because it trolled Jedi and Baras and the conversations were more interesting.

Otherwise...yeah, that's on a whole other level from even the (cut) shock-collar "romance" idea with Vette.

Yikes.

This, 100%. All the master-student relationships have the power-play issues, but at least the Knight, Consular and Inquisitor have the option to be nice to their paramour; the Warrior has to be a complete dick to Jaesa who teaches her to associate that kind of treatment with pleasure. There is nothing about the relationship that does not scream abuse. Even the [Flirt]s are creepy.

When I did Dark Jaesa with a male Sith Warrior, I was nice to her friends and family because it trolled Jedi and Baras and the conversations were more interesting.

Otherwise...yeah, that's on a whole other level from even the (cut) shock-collar "romance" idea with Vette.

Were they really going to include an option to romance her with the shock-collar on? If so no wonder they cut it, that kind of thing strays WAY too close to rape.

Edited by Abvora

For me though it has to be Nadia, she seems to be completely infatuated with you if you’re male consular. On my LS consular he declines.

On my DS consular he completely used the situation to his advantage. She has some obsessive crush on you then her father dies and in a state of vulnerability she comes to you. My DS consular totally took advantage of the situation which is creepy as she young (to me she seems only "just" the right age to romance legally), is now his apprentice, she has just lost her father and is in a very vulnerable state and turns to the only person she feels safe and can trust and you can take advantage of her vulnerability by sweet talking and playing on her "crush" and then sleeping with her. This POV mind you is coming from a DS consular I’m sure a LS consular who romanced her view it differently but this Is how I viewed it from my DS consulars POV (he also dumped her for Lana, I look forward to the breakup with Nadia later on!).

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Writing, power disparity and role abuse all count.

I'll suggest Female Inquisitor with Andro. "If you ever leave me, I'll kill you" has lots of implications with a character that's both a stupid-powerful Sith Dark Councilor and kind of nutty - and talking to a mere human.

I thought it could go either way. In my Inquisitor's case she says it more as a joke. I think Andro takes it that way with the way it sounds as if he snorts amusedly before he answers.

What's even more interesting is how well that version of the conversation fits in with the e-mail he sends the Inquisitor when she disappears during KOTFE.

Gotta agree with Jaesa, Nadia, Kaliyo and Quinn. Man, Quinn and Kaliyo wouldn't even be on my ship if I had the choice.

Notice how this list is HEAVILY skewed towards Male Character+Female companion. :eek:

Actually, the only romance I've ever done -intentionally. No seriously Risha, go away. I flirted with you ONE TIME and only because my options were [Flirt], [Flirt], and [be a d***]- is Theron Shan.

Edited by OathboundCoH

ALL of the master & padawan/apprentice romances creep me out...

Kira's not terrible. It's still skeevy, but she's more independent, confident, and her own person than, say, Mako or Nadia, who are straight up children who the PC isn't really allowed to not lead by the nose. I agree with Oathbound, it's troubled me from the start how many of the female romance options are subordinates with terrible power dynamics relative to the PC (IE, every single romanceable female apart from Kaliyo, Risha and Akaavi).

Although actually Dark Jaesa doesn't bother me. Solely because I cannot even take Dark Jaesa seriously (or, consequently, Light Jaesa either, since how do you look at her and not think about who else she could so easily have been?). I mean, she's such a ludicrous, over-the-top caricature of cackling childish EEEEEEEEvil I half expect a Care Bear to pop out of the bushes and hit her with a tummy rainbow every time she talks. She's absurd, and therefore I can't identify with her as a real person or therefore feel particularly concerned about how the story treats her. The fact that you can romance Vette even after keeping the collar on her for most of the game, and that in fact she'll talk about using it for sex games, is far more unsettling to me. Still less so than Nadia, though, since at least Vette comes across like an adult. I think I'm going to go with Nadia > Vette > Mako > Nikos as my top four (you can be pretty abusive with Nikos but you don't have to be, and at least he seems quite clear from the start on what he's getting into and makes a fully informed and consenting choice to join up).

Come off it, all of you. SI-Andronikos isn't creepy. There's a power imbalance, sure, but he's capable of holding his own, and besides,

On Alderaan, it's clear that it's one of *those* relationships, the kind where "open marriage" means "open sex". So when the F!SI sleeps with someone, he's cool, because he has his own bit on the side, that he tells you about before almost encouraging you to sleep with the pureblood who's helping the Thul.

What surprised me (having just seen this one) is that Vette also shows this kind of tolerance. Case in point:

When you go on the Nar Shaddaa companion quest with her, there's an option to go off with Vette's friend, and it's clear to me that horizontal folk dancing is top of the agenda. Vette *teases* you about it afterwards...

Despite some confusion, Mako *isn't* 15 when the game opens - that's how old she was when Braden rescued her - so there's less creepy there than it might seem, except that she *looks* credible as being only 15.

Actually, the thing that struck me about Andronikos is that although he's a pirate, and a bad man through and through, somewhere deep inside he has the soul of a poet, and the only person he shows it to is the SI, in the post-romance letter he sends her.

Not once did I ever think Nadia and Mako where under 18, and I can't even romance them :p How anyone thinks they're under 18 boggles me. It's like they're trying to find creepiness in everything.

And Kira? She's only your padawan by the fact that you became a Knight first and they sent her with you as your padawan, with the only experience you really seem to have over her, is your fighting ability. It very much makes you out to be the same age in the story.

Nadia is not the youngest companion, she's just naive.

Torian is the youngest companion, and I find it odd that no one thought his romance was the creepiest, when you see a lot of the "this is creepy" because of some sort of thought that there's an age difference.

While the Hunter seems to be the oldest of the PC classes, the class stories show you to be pretty young yourself (and usually a bit dumb to things in the galaxy yourself :p) so, the creepier aspect may be Quinn due to him being the oldest companion at 37 (with Revel at an unconfirmed 35), so likely having the biggest age gap there at 10+ years. :p

As for Vette and the collar. I believe the idea of that part of the class story is the player to actually remove it pretty early on, even with the option to leave it on. Though, I also sometimes get to thinking if they ever came out and said who the official gender/species of the classes are, the Warrior would be female.

Not once did I ever think Nadia and Mako where under 18, and I can't even romance them :p How anyone thinks they're under 18 boggles me. It's like they're trying to find creepiness in everything.

Mako is *credible* as a 15-year old by appearance. Shorter, slight build, proportionally larger head as a consequence. These are all characteristics of someone who isn't yet an fully-grown adult.

Caveat: I live across the road from a French lycée (high school), full of late teens of both sexes, and I pass them each morning as I'm going to catch a tram and they are walking from the tram stop to the school. A lot of them look older than Mako does when you first acquire her.

Second caveat: I don't find it particularly creepy, especially as the full-on romance doesn't start for a while.

Meh, it's only creepy if you make it creepy. Like the dude that described what his Dark Consular was doing (not calling him out, just illustrating the point). An LS Consular could very well mean exactly what he says about Nadia being a talented woman.

You play the character, you decide how they approach the romances. You want to play them as pervy go right ahead. I choose to make them genuine.