A New Versus Series!

Aurbere

OK, I have been seeing questions about Exar Kun's physical state when he appears in The BattleZone, so I feel I must clear some things up.

Firstly. Exar Kun gains a great deal of power after the Force Drain ritual on Yavin, however, this power does not really get put on display, making an accurate analysis of his abilities nearly impossible. So, for the purpose of The BattleZone, Exar Kun shall appear as he is prior to the ritual.

Secondly, I would like to pose a question regarding Exar Kun's use of Deadly Sight. This power was used when he was a spirit, but was this an ability he had prior to his death? Or was it a power unlocked via the Yavin ritual?

I would say the latter, if he had it I am pretty sure he would have used it at some point prior. Though you are positive that Deadly Sight is an actual canon ability?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the latter, if he had it I am pretty sure he would have used it at some point prior. Though you are positive that Deadly Sight is an actual canon ability?

I'll take your opinion into consideration, I have thought the same.

Also, I believe Deadly Sight is canon.

• 2 weeks later...

Before I post the next match, I would like to inform everyone on how I will be discussing Cin Drallig's combat responses.

My analysis will judge Cin based on how he fights in the Revenge of the Sith video game (the PS2 version, 'cause that's the one I played).

Sound good?

Before I post the next match, I would like to inform everyone on how I will be discussing Cin Drallig's combat responses.

My analysis will judge Cin based on how he fights in the Revenge of the Sith video game (the PS2 version, 'cause that's the one I played).

Sound good?

Yep!

/5char

• 1 month later...

Round 1 has ended, it separated the weak from the strong, and pushed the winners to their limits. Those who were unable to secure victory and have been moved to the Loser's Bracket are as follows:

Vodo-Siosk Baas

Emperor Vitiate

Darth Krayt

Satele Shan

Darth Maul

Darth Malak

Darth Zannah

Darth Bane

Luminara Unduli

Agen Kolar

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Blademaster Kas'im

Qui-Gon Jinn

Quinlan Vos

Ki-Adi Mundi

Sora Bulq

Those who proved their superiority and have moved on to the Winner's Bracket are as follows:

Master Thon

Darth Plagueis

Darth Malgus

Darth Nyriss

Count Dooku

Exar Kun

Darth Traya

Shaak Ti

Cin Drallig

Ulic Qel-Droma

Darth Vader

Asajj Ventress

Savage Opress

An'ya Kuro

Plo Koon

Kit Fisto

The Brackets will be altered to prevent canon rematches from occurring (IE. Exar Kun vs. Ulic Qel-Droma, Darth Vader vs. Cin Drallig). But while that his being done, we have the Exhibition Match to get to. There is still time for submissions for an Exhibition Match. There is also the possibility for the first 2v2 match, should anyone wish for that to be explored.

And the final update at this time: a new arena!

The BattleZone is a durasteel dome structure on Nal Hutta. Using advanced climate and atmospheric control devices from Dorin, the Hutts have transformed the area within the dome from a swampy wetland into a dusty wasteland. The bones of The BattleZone's victims, sentients and beasts, litter the ground. At the center of the arena is a raised mound where the two combatants will start their battle.

Those who relied on the environment or fancy tricks to win their battles will be forced to rely only on their skills to gain victory.

Those are the updates for now.

Edited by Aurbere

There is also the possibility for the first 2v2 match, should anyone wish for that to be explored.

Yes please.

How about: Exar Kun & Ulic Qel-Droma vs Darth Vader & Dark Apprentice (ie Galen Marek clone in TFU II)?!?!?!

Edited by sell-dog

Dark Apprentice? Not much information on him. Perhaps pre-betrayal Galen Marek?

I mentioned Dark Apprentice aka TFU II main guy and thought of the idea from Jensaari's newest (and coolest) video

I don't know how much of Jensaari's assessment is from the novel and how much from the game.

I think a prime Marek & Vader would defeat Kun & Ulic but I personally forget how much more powerful Marek becomes after the betrayal. I know a pre-batrayal Marek defeats Shaak Ti among others which is quite impressive. Obviously post-betrayal defeats Vader but I forget how much his power grows in that time period ie could he have defeated Vader when he defeated Ti?

Either case I think it will be an awesome match up!

I mentioned Dark Apprentice aka TFU II main guy and thought of the idea from Jensaari's newest (and coolest) video

I don't know how much of Jensaari's assessment is from the novel and how much from the game.

I think a prime Marek & Vader would defeat Kun & Ulic but I personally forget how much more powerful Marek becomes after the betrayal. I know a pre-batrayal Marek defeats Shaak Ti among others which is quite impressive. Obviously post-betrayal defeats Vader but I forget how much his power grows in that time period ie could he have defeated Vader when he defeated Ti?

Either case I think it will be an awesome match up!

Ah, I thought you meant the Dark Apprentice from the TFU II DLC.

Either way, I think I would rather go with Galen Marek, simply because he would work better with Vader.

Ah, I thought you meant the Dark Apprentice from the TFU II DLC.

Either way, I think I would rather go with Galen Marek, simply because he would work better with Vader.

Oh I agree Galen Marek would work better with Vader. My concern (which obviously is debatable) is that Vader & Marek would be the clear odds-on favorite

I think Vader and Marek would beat almost any team, they would be a pretty OP choice for a 2 vs 2.

My 2 vs 2 suggestion is:

Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Bane & Darth Zannah.

I was thinking of Kenobi and Skywalker as well.

Now that the first round of the BattleZone is over I'd like to make a request, or rather suggest a rule change. Namely a redaction of the rule that handicaps characters with certain deficiencies I feel are unreasonable i.e. Traya's missing hand and Darth Plagueis respirator. Now I realise the reasoning behind this, but let be explain my position:

Namely I feel these handicaps are a little arbitrary, this isn't "at the height of their power" but "almost before they die but not before they become horribly mutilated" - we have not decided to lop of Dooku's hands, or destroy Vader's suit, and for good reason. Nor do I feel we should chop of Traya's hand (and why not the other one?) and have Plagueis were a respirator for the same reason, because it means we are not considering all these characters at the same level of ability. I don't feel Darth Traya minus a hand is her at the height of her power, nor is it for Plagueis.

Now like I said I understand (or at least assume) your reasoning behind this, you want to introduce handicaps to make the battles realistic, but I feel the effect is the opposite. It would be a shame to see Traya defeated in the say the next round because she was missing an appendage (which almost happened against Bane) when if it were Traya prior to that dismemberment she may very well have won - I don't feel that's accurate.

That said redacting this rule wouldn't take handicaps out of the game altogether, these characters have all acquired various handicaps and weaknesses as they progress towards power. Traya grew old and weak, Vader was encumbered by his suit, Ulic Qel Droma had an injury in his abdomen etc. etc. But there comes a point where you reach your peak and then start coming down, start losing limbs, heads etc.

Anyway I think I've made by point and its completely up to you on what decision to make. But I'd ask you to consider it, because overall I feel it would make the BattleZone more accurate in its outcome.

P.S. Yes I am biased, but at least I have an argument. :p

Now that the first round of the BattleZone is over I'd like to make a request, or rather suggest a rule change. Namely a redaction of the rule that handicaps characters with certain deficiencies I feel are unreasonable i.e. Traya's missing hand and Darth Plagueis respirator. Now I realise the reasoning behind this, but let be explain my position:

Namely I feel these handicaps are a little arbitrary, this isn't "at the height of their power" but "almost before they die but not before they become horribly mutilated" - we have not decided to lop of Dooku's hands, or destroy Vader's suit, and for good reason. Nor do I feel we should chop of Traya's hand (and why not the other one?) and have Plagueis were a respirator for the same reason, because it means we are not considering all these characters at the same level of ability. I don't feel Darth Traya minus a hand is her at the height of her power, nor is it for Plagueis.

Now like I said I understand (or at least assume) your reasoning behind this, you want to introduce handicaps to make the battles realistic, but I feel the effect is the opposite. It would be a shame to see Traya defeated in the say the next round because she was missing an appendage (which almost happened against Bane) when if it were Traya prior to that dismemberment she may very well have won - I don't feel that's accurate.

That said redacting this rule wouldn't take handicaps out of the game altogether, these characters have all acquired various handicaps and weaknesses as they progress towards power. Traya grew old and weak, Vader was encumbered by his suit, Ulic Qel Droma had an injury in his abdomen etc. etc. But there comes a point where you reach your peak and then start coming down, start losing limbs, heads etc.

Anyway I think I've made by point and its completely up to you on what decision to make. But I'd ask you to consider it, because overall I feel it would make the BattleZone more accurate in its outcome.

P.S. Yes I am biased, but at least I have an argument. :p

Here is my argument why at least Traya could not have this, we have no feats what so ever with her having both her hands we can only assume what she would be like with both and assumption is the mother of all screw ups.

Here is my argument why at least Traya could not have this, we have no feats what so ever with her having both her hands we can only assume what she would be like with both and assumption is the mother of all screw ups.
Forgive me but that doesn't seem at all valid. Mainly because it's based on the assumption that we actually possess feats on Traya's capabilities in regards to lightsaber combat. We don't. All our information on that particularly topic is derived from the knowledge we possess on the forms she wields.

Essentially we have no feats from Traya with or without hands, yet you do highlight another issue, namely that the information on the forms we have been using assumes the wielder has both hands. And as such we have be forced into the quagmire of assumption as to what exactly the impact of her loss of a hand would have on her abilities - baseless assumptions mind you as she was a unique case. And as I'm sure many have observed that led to quite the debacle.

In regard to what Sel said, I don't think we have any information to suggest that Traya 'changed' in any way. Meetra Surik grew more powerful by consuming the life essences of others but Traya was never said to have done such a thing, and its guess work to say she did. In the end I feel that Traya pre-betrayal was more powerful than Traya missing a hand and would have a stronger chance against any one opponent.

But let's not forget Plagueis either, who I also feel has been unnecessarily handicapped.

Forgive me but that doesn't seem at all valid. Mainly because it's based on the assumption that we actually possess feats on Traya's capabilities in regards to lightsaber combat. We don't. All our information on that particularly topic is derived from the knowledge we possess on the forms she wields.

Essentially we have no feats from Traya with or without hands, yet you do highlight another issue, namely that the information on the forms we have been using assumes the wielder has both hands. And as such we have be forced into the quagmire of assumption as to what exactly the impact of her loss of a hand would have on her abilities - baseless assumptions mind you as she was a unique case. And as I'm sure many have observed that led to quite the debacle.

In regard to what Sel said, I don't think we have any information to suggest that Traya 'changed' in any way. Meetra Surik grew more powerful by consuming the life essences of others but Traya was never said to have done such a thing, and its guess work to say she did. In the end I feel that Traya pre-betrayal was more powerful than Traya missing a hand and would have a stronger chance against any one opponent.

But let's not forget Plagueis either, who I also feel has been unnecessarily handicapped.

Ehh, good points.

Quite literally the only saber feat knowledge we have of Traya, is that she can wield a dual-saber singlehandedly...