Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Relics of the Gree Event

CourtneyWoods

Ok, so you are forced to PVP in order to do this, and can only do this event if you are 45+. Nice way to alienate half the people playing.

I hate PVP. People will just exploit it and gang up on people in groups to further ruin it. Completely ruining their chance to get anything done. I only enjoy playing WITH others, not against others, or alone.

Way to go Bioware. :mad:

My anticipation for this just died. Pretty much everything they do now just turns me off.

Well btw but every event so far has been PvE not PvP. This event isn't "leaving you out" since you can still do it. If people are getting in groups and killing you, Get a group! Join a guild! I am a huge PvPer and have so far found warzones extremely fun but as of other PvP content there isn't much but junk. Adding Ilum stuff again can really change this depending how they go about it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well btw but every event so far has been PvE not PvP. This event isn't "leaving you out" since you can still do it. If people are getting in groups and killing you, Get a group! Join a guild! I am a huge PvPer and have so far found warzones extremely fun but as of other PvP content there isn't much but junk. Adding Ilum stuff again can really change this depending how they go about it.

Honestly, being in a group doesn't make it easier when premades are running around like mad for no reason other than the stop you from doing the daily...there is PvP, then there is just griefers hiding under the [PvP] veil....

I say remove free for all i nthe enxt event if there even is one after this horrid excuse.

"An ancient and powerful Gree starship has suddenly appeared and touched down in the midst of the frozen battlegrounds of the planet Ilum. Launched by the Gree’s ancestors long ago to explore and study the furthest reaches of the galaxy, the fully-automated vessel has been hyper-jumping from one star system to the next for uncounted centuries, examining the planets it discovers and analyzing how their native species respond to various stimuli, from mild atmospheric alterations to direct attacks."

Ummmm...this is stargate universe where the ancients had sent out ships to plant stargates and research new systems in new galaxies. Didn't anyone else see that show? This sounds like a total ripoff of that exact story line, except without stargates and the ship was apparently manned by gree.

Honestly, being in a group doesn't make it easier when premades are running around like mad for no reason other than the stop you from doing the daily...there is PvP, then there is just griefers hiding under the [PvP] veil....

I say remove free for all in the next event if there even is one after this horrid excuse.

I understand your point but have to disagree. the groups I was in were giving as good if not better than we got. in fact when we disbanded I was still being targeted for rage kills by the poor little imp premades :D

the FFA part of this event can make it a bit of a PitA to clear some missions but an event with pvp elements makes for a nice change of pace and I'm mostly a pve'er with only some pvp tendencies.

anyway, so far it's a blast, and if the premades are griefing you, get a couple of 4 mans/ladies together and teach them the lesson they so richly deserve :eek:

the FFA part of this event can make it a bit of a PitA to clear some missions but an event with pvp elements makes for a nice change of pace and I'm mostly a pve'er with only some pvp tendencies.

Went home during lunch and jumped into the Ilum action. My Guild had the central pylon locked down and we were wrecking any and all Pubs that showed their face. It was a total blast! Can't wait to play some more tonight.

ya this FFA idea is Pi**ing me off...spent most of the day trying to charge the pylons, but always got ganked by people there just waiting around for people to come and gank them..not guarding, but griefing..im done with the pvp aspect of this, and hope i will still be able to get all the rewards and unlocks without the pvp....

ya this FFA idea is Pi**ing me off...spent most of the day trying to charge the pylons, but always got ganked by people there just waiting around for people to come and gank them..not guarding, but griefing..im done with the pvp aspect of this, and hope i will still be able to get all the rewards and unlocks without the pvp....

Same.

I asked around and others have told me as long as I do the PvE missions everyday Friend + rank should be possible.

I am absolutely loving this event. Good adaptive gear for everyone, a little bit of a grind and some unique mechanics to work through.

If you are getting ganked in the pvp area, change instances. Or... You can just join WB groups and get reputation that way with other PVEers.

This is an MMO.... I dont really understand people complaining about having to group up to do the difficult missions cause.. its an MMO.

It was hilarious today on Harbringer (PVE server), 3 of my guildies and I went into the pvp area and had a Republic guild (we are Reps too) swarm us. After killing half of them cause they apparently dont have pvp gear on, they finally killed us and we just respawned, switched instances and finished quickly.

I think... most MMO players are too busy with the "carrot on the end of the stick" and dont think about playing the game anymore for fun. That's why people get so angry about ganking or pvp. To them it seems like there's no reward, but the joy of playing the game is enough for some people.

I dont gank btw, but I will totally fight back, especially if some Imps try to steal our Pylon!

Edited by CJAShadow

I like the event, mainly because I had nothing else to do. I am so sick and tired of running SM, HM ops, under 50 and 50 pvp and HM dailies. I like the legacy weapons and the rep system on Ilum, on Bel, Voss and Section X not at all. There are no legacy weapons for the other rep systems and the armor I don't care for. After doing all the Voss rep mission and getting one rep item and 10 Voss comms, I will not be doing that again.

Again putting in pve quests in a open pvp zone is once again a REALLY BAD idea. It makes the pve players feel like they are getting forced in to pvp. Putting them in FFA pvp zone even worse.

Why you ask? Because every "Tool" and "Douch*b*g" in the game comes out of the wood work to harass and grief anyone they can. I have even seen it even in my own guild. This brings out the very worst in players and causes them to lose respect for other players and guilds. I have seen it. Nice job Bioware.

I know people talk about other things in the game not being fixed that is not what this post is about. It is about the Gree Event. My advice would be to let it run longer then two weeks, so the community as a whole can be done with it.

The only aspect I didn't like about the event on the 1st day that I found out about it today. I like everyone else want to do a new event and check it out and to get the rewards for doing the quests. I wanted to just do the PVE events (it is a PVE server I am on) I did not pick up PVP quests and while doing the PVE area if you start to go out of the area it will tell you that you will be flagged I was NOT flagged but there were players who were running around who would take someone like myself just doing the PVE and when we started hitting a mob they would hit it and it would auto flag us when he did then they would start hitting us. That sucked I killed the guy but the whole point of me not picking up the 2 PVP quests was to just do the PVE ones and get some of the rewards yes not as much rewards but that didn't matter I would get some. More power to the ones that want to PVP and pick up the PVP ones I hope you have fun and glad you get some of what you want. I don't have the gear for it and just don't like pvp but why force those of us that want to join event into PVP?. So if I want to do event and get jerks like that taking advantage then I get forced PVP when I don't want to. I chose PVE server to NOT PVP. same thing for HK part they put where you have to go into pvp zone to buy 1 of the parts which basically like this can force you into PVP on a PVE server it sucks. Can event not be split where there is PVE only areas for the PVE quests for those of us that hate PVP and free for all on the PVP ones?

Everyone griping and complaining about their particular favorite item of the game (PVP/PVE, etc.). But, I have yet to see a single comment about what will really toast your wheat bread. Have you looked at the levels required to buy the Bind to Legacy weapons from the vendor? Short answer...Champion level. You are limited to 12k rep per week, the first four levels to become a "Friend of the Gree" take a total of 15k going up in increments of 2500. So, the next level should be somewhere around 10k to finish (not, Champion, BTW). Sooo, in two weeks you can earn 24k, but 25k is going to be required to hit that 5th level....you won't be able to buy any of those nice, pretty weapons that they hung out there as teasers until BioWare decides to have the Gree return for the next episode of their "recurring event." Nice, thanks for the Dirty Kick BioWare. :( Edited by Arthuriuan
spelling

I have a question for the devs: If we collect rep but don't use them, will we be able to use them even after the Gree event is over? A guildmate of mine and I are discussing whether you will or not. He says that you will cut us off from being able to save them and use them once they are gone. That way we can be champion or higher by the time they come back.

I wanted to just do the PVE events (it is a PVE server I am on) I did not pick up PVP quests and while doing the PVE area if you start to go out of the area it will tell you that you will be flagged I was NOT flagged but there were players who were running around who would take someone like myself just doing the PVE and when we started hitting a mob they would hit it and it would auto flag us when he did then they would start hitting us.

That sounds like a bug. You should submit a bug report on it in game. They won't read it, but at least they won't be able to say nobody told them about it.

The way the dev posts have explained it, you should be able to complete all of the PvE objectives without entering the "Southern Bowl" area that flags you for PvP. They said the mobs in the PvP area are "easier," but there should be mobs in an area outside where you don't need to be flagged.

I've seen other threads complaining about people griefing world boss parties through an exploit that allows the griefers to force the raid party to get flagged for PvP as soon as they attack the world boss. It sounds like there is some sort of persisting bug here that causes you to be flagged for PvP just by interacting with an NPC that another player who is flagged has also attacked.

Again putting in pve quests in a open pvp zone is once again a REALLY BAD idea.

I don't play on a PvE Server, but I'm pretty sure there are no PvE quests in the FFA zone. The two quests for that area are PvP quests. So if you don't want to PvP, then don't do them. They are labeled PvP for a reason.

Loving the event but having to wait in a line to hand in the orbs is retarded, fix that stat pls.

You don't have to wait in line mang. It's a PvP zone... ;)

What's locked down as "Event" items/titles and what is returning in the future? That's what I'd like to know.

Will I only be able to get X-item or X-title during the event? Am I working towards getting the wrong things? What's coming back when the event comes back? Etc