Dark vs Light Armor Repeats

suburbaknght

Last night I got the last of the easy Dark vs. Light packs (Eternal), and Legendary's going to take awhile, so that's five times I've had the chance to open these packs and I keep getting the same armor and crystals. Heck, four of them had the exact same armor: Darth Sion's lower body armor. Which, to really twist the knife, is a set I'd unlocked a year ago. There's also the three or four crystal repeats (blue farmhand comes up a lot, as does desert green indestructible). Freedon Naad's upper body armor. Ceremonial Mystic supplementary keeps coming up.

I get that it's specific sets that are in the packs, but the same exact pieces? That's a kick in the nuts.

Edited by suburbaknght

Yeah :/

It sucks being on the bad end of it though. It would be neat if there was a "can't get same item twice" thing built in with the BOP items at least

being on the receiving end sucks, yes, but you haven't really thought through the results of what you are proposing. the dvl rewards are not the only placed these armor sets and other trinkets come from. they also drop from packs that people buy with real money. if you change the system to one in which you can't get the same item again, then you now have a lot more of these sets in circulation and the price drops significantly. bw is not going to piss off their biggest cash cows by doing that. what would happen to the game if they stopped buying cartel packs?

mainly I was thinking "not get the same item again" would only apply to the BOP items from the DvL rewards. So you would not receive another BOP item that you already got (its highly wishful thinking). but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - RNG is RNG is the main take away from this whole thing.

I pulled a Revan Reborn Mask out of a pack once, I was happy (very good RNG). I also turned a Hypercrate worth of packs once into less than 500k credits (very bad RNG).