Day 1 of F2P Predictions

LodSock

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically ....

"Check out what's "Coming Soon":" is above those things so ... it's all covered under EAwares Soon!!(™) umbrella. Go figure. :rolleyes:

and technically, f2p is coming soon, so its false advertising as it is presumed that everything on the advert for the advent of f2p on the f2p page is part of the coming soon aka the same day as f2p.

Edited by Shingara

and technically, f2p is coming soon, so its false advertising as it is presumed that everything on the advert for the advent of f2p on the f2p page is part of the coming soon aka the same day as f2p.

Not to defend EAware ... but, it depends on how you define a nebulous "concept" like Soon!!(™). I am sure they would use the it depends on the definition if "is" defense. :rolleyes:

So basically it's not false advertising since nothing was promised and soon is nebulous. :cool:

Not to defend EAware ... but, it depends on how you define a nebulous "concept" like Soon!!(™). I am sure they would use the it depends on the definition if "is" defense. :rolleyes:

So basically it's not false advertising since nothing was promised and soon is nebulous. :cool:

Fact, free 2 play coming soon.

Fact, goto this page to see whats coming with F2p

Fact, that page is covered with things coming with F2p, infact it is the look here this is everything we have on f2p page.

Fact, they said its coming tommorrow

Fact, they have not mentioned once those 2 things arnt coming but anyone who looks at the page assumes everything on the advertisment for f2p that those things are here tommorrow.

Edited by Shingara

Fact, free 2 play coming soon.

Fact, goto this page to see whats coming with F2p

Fact, that page is covered with things coming with F2p, infact it is the look here this is everything we have on f2p page.

Fact, they said its coming tommorrow

Fac,t they have not mentioned once those 2 things arnt coming but anyone who looks at the page assumes everything on the advertisment for f2p that those things are here tommorrow.

First don't let your HATE cloud your REASON. While it is true that it CAN be read as you stated but, the definition of the word soon as being nebulous there is enough wiggle room for them LEGALLY (if there were such a need) to be in the clear not delivering those two features you mentioned at the same time as F2P because they were not all promised at the same time as F2P they were just mentioned that they would be Soon!!(™).

You CHOOSE to read it that way. That is not the only way it can be interpretted. Again, don't let YOUR HATE get in the way of REASON (which many Many MANY on these forums do all the time). :rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

First don't let your HATE cloud your REASON. While it is true that it CAN be read as you stated by the definition of the word soon as being nebulous there is enough wiggle room for them LEGALLY (if there were such a need) to be in the clear not delivering those two features you mentioned at the same time as F2P because they were not all promised at the same time as F2P they were just mentioned that they would be Soon!!(™).

You CHOOSE to read it that way. That is not the only way it can be interpretted. Again, don't let YOUR HATE get in the way of REASON (which many Many MANY on these forums do all the time). :rolleyes:

What hate, i love swtor, i chose to look at it how it is, no squirming out of it, that is the designated f2p page and it is what it is, section x, ancient hypergates, new space missions, HK, earn coins and play for free with restrictions, show me where it shows anything different.

if you had not touched swtor for 6 months, just looked at the f2p page and have not read the forums or were a new player, not read the forums and saw a new f2p game would you assume things advertised on the f2p page would not be with f2p ??

And if its not part of it why is not part of future content, its not its stated on the f2p page, thats the top and bottom of it. And the topic was predict tommorrow, i have with people will wonder where those 2 things are.

Edited by Shingara

And if its not part of it why is not part of future content, its not its stated on the f2p page, thats the top and bottom of it. And the topic was predict tommorrow, i have with people will wonder where those 2 things are.

*shrug*

Honestly, just clicking the link, (without paying much attention to the URL, or knowing what you click on to get there) The page itself just reads like a "here's why you should start playing, because all this stuff is coming soon". Not neccessarily at the same time, and one of which items merely happens to be the F2P stuff.

Heck, of the features, only 2 really have anything to do with F2P. At least 2 of them are definitely NOT part of F2P, as I believe you have to subscribe/Pay to get Section X.

that being said, after looking through the main website menu, and seeing what you DO click to get there (text saying 1 day to free-to-play, find out more button that puts you there)

Yeah, misleading. Context IS important. Some webdesigner probably combined pages and/or took a shortcut of linking to an existing page.

I predict that once the Cartel Market goes live, someone will find an exploit to purchase multiple items with just 1 click or whatever, and that exploit will spread, and there will be rampant abuse. The servers will shut down to patch. And no one will be penalized.

Any other predictions? Smooth launch maybe? HA!

gonna laugh if there is a sell back buy back option too that can be exploited :p Wonder if anyone tested CC items with selling and buy back.

I bet there are going to be many many many f2p ghost accounts made specifically for trolling. I can hardly wait for the f2p folks to do their 1 general chat msg every 20s and have it insulting every race, creed, and nationality as well as the sexuality of half the players on the server. Since it seems to be taking CSRs anywhere between 2 days and a week to respond to anything this should make for a fun first week. One can only hope that BW actually starts policing the general chat channels.

A) 1 month of queues for the people coming back to claim his cartel coins...

B) slowly lost of interest as the game is in the same state as february 2012.

C) About 10% population increase from real F2P tryers.

D) December : Release of level cap to retain the influx of come backers.

E) 250k subscribers and about 400k players at May 2013

F) 150k players and 4 servers at November 2013.

A) 1 month of queues for the people coming back to claim his cartel coins...

B) slowly lost of interest as the game is in the same state as february 2012.

C) About 10% population increase from real F2P tryers.

D) December : Release of level cap to retain the influx of come backers.

E) 250k subscribers and about 400k players at May 2013

F) 150k players and 4 servers at November 2013.

dead game brought to you by EAware.

*shrug*

Honestly, just clicking the link, (without paying much attention to the URL, or knowing what you click on to get there) The page itself just reads like a "here's why you should start playing, because all this stuff is coming soon". Not neccessarily at the same time, and one of which items merely happens to be the F2P stuff.

Heck, of the features, only 2 really have anything to do with F2P. At least 2 of them are definitely NOT part of F2P, as I believe you have to subscribe/Pay to get Section X.

that being said, after looking through the main website menu, and seeing what you DO click to get there (text saying 1 day to free-to-play, find out more button that puts you there)

Yeah, misleading. Context IS important. Some webdesigner probably combined pages and/or took a shortcut of linking to an existing page.

ye thats exactly what i mean, its the context the page is setup as from the link on the front page, but hey who knows, the warzone and space missions could be here tommorow, we dont specifically have to test them as we saw them working at E3 so the testing could have been internal, its not like we test everything that hits live.

I predict there to be a major issue with it, which requires another patch. Of course, this will be on Friday night, during APAC prime time. A great time for new people to try out this game so that our servers can go from 40-90 people on fleets to 140-190 people. But no, downtime. Then we will be asked if downtime during 5pm-10pm more than once a week is normal, to which we will have to respond "Not always, but it is to be expected"

I don't think there will be a purchase exploit in the market.

I do however predict much QQ and breaking of teeth on teeth over server queues. ;)

The goldilocks syndrome, MMO style: WAH! there's not enough players!.... WAH! theres queues!.... rinse and repeat because an MMO server can never have exactly the right amount of players (ie: one player less then what triggers a queue and all players standing by to be at the beck and call of goldielocks for insta-grouping, and the players must not compete with goldielocks for in game poridge either). :D

I predict whatever happens Andryah will be defending it :D

I also predict I will be spending all my coins ;)

Edited by Cordelia

Since we're just guessing:

The F2P transition will bring Elvis back

You will be able to finally wash your mogwai and feed him an after midnight snack without fear.

Vampires will once again become what vampires should be and not what current social media portrays them.

Atlantis will resurface.

Bigfoot will be found.

Aliens will finally be debunked (or proven real)

My ISP will become stable

SWTOR will make the F2P transition with little trouble.

LOL I want some beach front property on Atlantis, and Bigfoot lives next door,,LOL and we can not debunk Aliens, i still have to many tin foil hats to sell.. thanks for the chuckle :)

I am an optimist, even when the odds are stacked against me, so I like to think it will go smoothly. New and old player will return and, hopefully, the future of SW:TOR will be a little more secure. Sure, there may be a few bumps, but that's what you get with Online gaming.

I predict whatever happens Andryah will be defending it :D

I also predict I will be spending all my coins ;)

I too will be spending all my coins. :)

And I defend nothing. All I do is provide objective contrast to other peoples subjective hyperbole. :D Sometimes it's a target rich environment too. :p

Edited by Andryah