Need help with Archeology

JMeister

I can't figure this out. I am stuck at Artiface level 65 because I can't harvest red, green, or blue Crystals. I am Arc level 177 and Treasure Hunting 97.

I have done all of the crew quests and used all the crystals up from that to get to the level I am at. I went to the lower level areas and attempted to collect crystals there and it doesn't work.

I am able to collect other types of crystals, just not the colored ones. Am I missing an item or a quest that allows this? Do you need a special hammer or somthing?

I am sure I am missing something obvious but I can't come up with it. Appreciate any help.

It sounds like you've outlevelled your Artifice skill - you likely need to visit the artifice trainer and learn new artificing skills that will go along with the crystals and fragments you're gathering. You can also send your crew out on gathering 'missions' for lower level materials by using the pull-down menu in the mission window to dictate which 'level' of item you want them to bring back in case you need materials for the lower level stuff.

Remember, crafting materials, crystals, fragments, and gemstones in your case, all have a level associated with them. This is denoted as 'Grade X [item]' and as you go higher in levelling zones, you'll encounter higher and higher material grades that correspond to higher and higher crafting skill items. You should be able to keep your crafting skill level roughly equal to your gathering skill levels which should prevent you from hitting this 'wall' in the future. Crafting skills require further training, while gathering skills do not.

Edited by Natarii

Thanks I will try those things.

Well right after I posted this, logged back on and was able to collect greens and blues. I guess it must be a glitch.

thanks for the help. Hopefully they will get some stuff fixed on this next patch