Player awards for being helpful

TheRealFluffy

Somehow, all the little interkiddies out there got the pea-brained idea that they win points in life by being rude little dirtbags. Rude, dishonourable behaviour has become something to which they aspire. I was on DK this morning and saw two people asking for help in General chat for quite a while, and the only reponses they received were rude and thoughtless; and by thoughtless, I mean it literally. And yes, when I finished what I was doing, I went and helped them both.

I suggest doing something material that can help change the behaviour of gamers, help them learn to become more positive and helpful people. Since interkiddies won't learn to be nice folks without some material gain, introduce a nomination system with some material reward, perhaps decoration items or cartel coins or something. If someone has been uber helpful, the person they help may decide to give them a nomination/point. Maybe it can be as simple as one point gives you one cartel coin. You could even add achievements for being uber helpful.

Sure, it might be abused, with groups of friends/guildies all throwing each other tons of points. Ways to prevent such abuse of the system include:

• A limit of one point from a person to a person per day. This forces people to help a larger number of other people if they want to rack up the points.
  • A limit of one point from a person to a fellow guild member per day.
  • A hard limit of ten points earned per day regardless of how many people you help.

I'm sure you can think of gazillions of other options.