Darth Malgus' Abilities *Some Spoilers*

Nativeforever

*Note, this thread is full of assumptions. I have little hard evidence to back up some of what I say, and a lot of hard evidence to back up some more of what I say.*

We all remember Darth Malgus, don't we? You know, that guy that decided it would be a good idea to name himself Emperor? I'm sure you remember fighting and killing him on his space station. Well, just exactly what had we fought that day? What did Malgus know? What was he able to do with the force? Hopefully I will be able to answer some of those questions now!

Lightsaber:

Form I, Shii-Cho. Almost every lightsaber user in the history of the galaxy was trained in Shii-Cho, so we can safely assume that Malgus was also a practitioner.

Form II, Makashi. Form II was often taught to Jedi who engaged Sith, or Dark Jedi, or, to a Sith who engaged Jedi. Once again, I believe we can assume that Malgus was well versed in Makashi, as he was trained before 1,000 BBY when it became obsolete.

Form III, Soresu. Suresu form utilized the lightsaber to combat blast fire. A warrior like Darth Malgus would likely have known it.

Form IV, Ataru. Ataru was a lightsaber form based on attacking. However, during the time of Darth Malgus, it was mainly employed by the Jedi, though some Sith did in fact use it. I believe that we can assume that Malgus did not know Ataru, or not much of it.

Form V, Shien / Djem So. Shien / Djem So were lightsaber forms building on Suresu for fighting and defending lightsabers and blast fire. While many Sith did use Form V, it is unknown how many. I believe that we can assume that Malgus did not know Form V.

Form VI, Niman. Niman was created as a mixture of forms I - V and it encouraged moderation over aggression. The Sith way was to channel your hatred and harness it to your advantage. I believe that we can assume that Malgus did not know Niman.

Form VII, Juyo / Vaapad. Juyo, being the most powerful and demanding of the lightsaber forms, was said to cause the user to be perfectly calm on the outside. Malgus was hardly ever known to be calm during battle, so once again, we can assume that he did not know Juyo. Vaapad, was created after Malgus' death so we know that he did not know it.

Malgus also knew Jar'Kai, as demonstrated during the Battle of Korriban. Malgus used Jar'Kai to slay Kao Cen Durach.

Force Powers:

Like many Sith, Malgus was able to use Saber Throw, Force Push, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Force Jump, and he could augment his muscles with the force to allow for a burst of speed.

Anyway, that's about all I wanted to say. Feel free to leave corrections

It would be safe to assume Malgus would likely use a combination of light saber forms. He was an esteemed duelist, and was unbeatable in his prime. While definitely not as strong as Vader, we can still assume he was quite powerful, at least enough to create his own light saber form. If I am correct, aren't slight variations common amongst strong blade wielders?

It would be safe to assume Malgus would likely use a combination of light saber forms. He was an esteemed duelist, and was unbeatable in his prime. While definitely not as strong as Vader, we can still assume he was quite powerful, at least enough to create his own light saber form. If I am correct, aren't slight variations common amongst strong blade wielders?

I think you are wrong. Vader is certainly no match for Malgus - one of the greatest warriors of his era, who fought, killed and trained all his life. Vader was the powerful at his time, but i dont really think he could be a formidable opponent to SWTOR era Siths.

I think you are wrong. Vader is certainly no match for Malgus - one of the greatest warriors of his era, who fought, killed and trained all his life. Vader was the powerful at his time, but i dont really think he could be a formidable opponent to SWTOR era Siths.

Im assuming you don't know anything about the lore.. You do know that the PT era has been stated by lucas to be the most powerful of all right? the swtor era jedi/sith cant even compare in lightsaber skill or force abilities. Vader destroys Malgus so fast that malgus wont know what hit him.

Edited by Girdeux

Im assuming you don't know anything about the lore.. You do know that the PT era has been stated by lucas to be the most powerful of all right? the swtor era jedi/sith cant even compare in lightsaber skill or force abilities. Vader destroys Malgus so fast that malgus wont know what hit him.

Oh yeh, and thats why he was defeated by a boy who studied jedi teaching for 2 years? Truly, the greatest character.

Vader beats Malgus. It would be tough, but Vader wins.

Back to the thread, OP, you are making many assumptions about Malgus' lightsaber training. The only evidence we have of Malgus' lightsaber skills points to him being a user of Shien.

Edited by Aurbere

G. Lucas also said the Sith split from the Jedi 2000 before the events of Episode IV when describing the Sith back story. Because there was already EU material of Jedi vs Sith before 2000 BBY, the 4th Great Schism (ie, Darth Ruin) was created to say that this was the split G.L. was talking about but I personally think it's safe to say that's not what he meant. For me I find it a little contradicting when some of G.L.'s quotes are used to support an argument as G.L. has said several times that he does not follow the EU so why all the sudden do fans take his word so seriously when he takes his movie characters and "one ups" EU characters?

I'm not saying I disregard anything G.L. says ever or the movies/lore within the movies, I just give anything G.L. says to random journalist analytical thought before I take it as fact.

Edited by sell-dog