Anyone give rude replies to Darth Baras?

Reeny

Every chance I get. Unfortunately, he doesn't always respond to it. I guess someone taught him not to feed trolls. I'm persistant though. :jawa_angel:

Quinn doesn't like it, but he likes almost everything else I do, so it isn't a problem. Everyone else seems to either not care, or be as entertained by it as me.

My favorite thing had to be calling him before fighting his droid assassin on Corellia. That seemed to really irritate him.

I was always nice to Baras, he's one of the only characters in the game that has any confidence or politeness with you. Every other class is 'be careful' or 'don't get cocky' or 'you're a stupid alien, SLAVE.'

But Baras was a pretty good guy, as far as Darths go. He always used his indoor voice, congratulated me on my achievements, praised me when I exceeded his expectations, and generally wasn't a jerk up until he betrayed me, but hey- You don't get to live to be a Darth if you let your apprentice get stronger than you, that's just Sith business.

oh, except for that one time- I FEEL YOUR ANGER MASTER.

That's just funny.

I was always nice to Baras, he's one of the only characters in the game that has any confidence or politeness with you. Every other class is 'be careful' or 'don't get cocky' or 'you're a stupid alien, SLAVE.'

But Baras was a pretty good guy, as far as Darths go. He always used his indoor voice, congratulated me on my achievements, praised me when I exceeded his expectations, and generally wasn't a jerk up until he betrayed me, but hey- You don't get to live to be a Darth if you let your apprentice get stronger than you, that's just Sith business.

oh, except for that one time- I FEEL YOUR ANGER MASTER.

That's just funny.

I agree with you. I don't know why people hate Baras (just because he's weird and fat and evil?) I actually enjoy most of my conversation with him. He's not bossy or anything, and he always ask you to do things in such a nice way. Once or twice I was rude just to annoy him, but he normally takes it very gracefully. I remember once I said something rude, and he replies: that tongue of yours will be the end of you (or something alone that line). I feel that he's really in control of things, that allows him to look pass my defiance and utilize my skill.

I really like most of the dark lords I encounters, like Darth Jadus of IA story line, totally ****** (except for that stupid fight....). Darth Baras might not look like much but he's actually pretty cool.

So Baras just became Dark Council and in his holoterminal session with me, he wanted me to bow down to him, customary in the presence of Dark Council member.

Said No twice and then Baras gave up, with a palm to his face and said

"Why must you torture me so..." or something like that.

hahaha!!

Got -2 for Quinn, +30 for Vette and +40 for the Lieutenant.

haha!

Not one bit of lip I gave him, my master. But we all know how this relationship is meant to pan out, though I haven't taken it very well. At the moment I'm giving it to any ally of his I come across, feels good and even Malavai approves (after his whoopin).

I've been lvl 50 for just over a week now and still haven't finished my class questing. Is that bad? :D

Minor spoiler in this reply if you care.

If you DON'T give Baras rude replies you're not a real Sith Warrior.

Or you are a forward thinking Sith Warrior.

It's called the dark side, not the douche side, though they do cross over far more than they should :p.

My Sith Warrior gave polite platitudes, I smiled as I worked out where was the best part of his back to put my saber through.

He is a power and it would be senseless to piss him off for the sake of pride and to exercise a desire for misanthropic discourse with superficial insults.

Like HBNinjax, I got a little more provocative over time as my power waxed and his eventually waned.

Edited by Aram_Darksun

• 7 months later...
Minor spoiler in this reply if you care.

Or you are a forward thinking Sith Warrior.

It's called the dark side, not the douche side, though they do cross over far more than they should :p.

My Sith Warrior gave polite platitudes, I smiled as I worked out where was the best part of his back to put my saber through.

He is a power and it would be senseless to piss him off for the sake of pride and to exercise a desire for misanthropic discourse with superficial insults.

Like HBNinjax, I got a little more provocative over time as my power waxed and his eventually waned.

That's cool, but I was telling him to go f*** himself from day 1. Needless to say

killing him at the end of the storyline felt very rewarding.

I checked most of the rude answers and hit the escape key, just to see how funny it was. You will get away with it no matter how rude you are, which doesn't really make sense to me as he's still your master, so you are supposed to owe him respect... and he can choke people via holo :eek:

I played both my warriors as being polite to Baras to placate him, while actually lying to him every chance they got.

The only time I was rude to him was when he asked me to (end chapter 2 spoiler)

bow to him after killing Darth Vengean, when he sends you to Quesh, because I knew he would have Draahg try to kill me and was pissed :mad:

... and I've been nothing but rude from this point on.

But then again (end class quest spoiler)

I must be one of the few players who actually spared his life at the end...like a hopeless LS 5 sith warrior :p

Edited by kalistea

Darth Baras ...

my character hated him and at beginning, feared him .. as my power has grown, started to be at more liberty with him and plotting his defeat ...

As game player, i had to love D.B., since he was really well played. I loved the scenes where he was enjoying getting intel from subjects via torture. He was disgusting so much, as i HAD to start to admire the way this game character was done.;)

when i first saw Baras i thought, "Holy **** it's Darth Cartman!"

just because of that right there i trolled him all the time and

when he set me up i was glad i trolled him so much. he sent Draahg after me, that idiot didn't do crap during the Vengean fight even though he engaged. And killing Draahg more than once was great. And beating the fat out of Darth Cartman was so rewarding