Level 42 - Social Rank 1

Aptekaria

I see a lot of this stuff is talked about but maybe the more people talk about it the sooner the problem will be solved. I'm talking about the screaming need of LFG cross server tool. Basicly right now i'm missing a great deal of the fun operations and heroics in the game because it is almost impossible to find 1, not to mention 4 people to group with. This includes heroics on planets as well as flash points etc. And no i don't want to spend hours standing in the Imperial fleet or Alderaan waiting to form a group.

I pay to play not to wait and spam the chat!

So right now i'm either waiting to be 10 lvls higher than the heroic quest to do it or wait for a lvl 50 guildy or friend to help me.

As for flashpoints for 42 lvls charachter i've done around 4-5!

So i really hope for the sake of new players you make this tool! For me - i'll be lvl 50 soon so i'll just storm what heroics are left on the planets but where is the fun in that?

It's not BW fault that players don't want to get social and build groups. You pay fot the game, you have it, play it as best as you can and stop crying.

players don't group because it's stupid to shout LFG in general for over an hour to get nothing out of it.

if you think that isn't a problem that WILL, in FACT, drive more and more people away then you've deluded yourself.

finally..it's a friggin MMO...if I wanted to play a single player RPG I have Skyrim, ME3, and others to play..I didn't spend a premium $60 (for the base game) and $15 more a month for a single player game. We need a cross server LFG tool.

I always love the posts from those that say "stop crying" they're the least thought out ones and show the person is just trolling and has no idea about the situation and what it can mean, in a negative way, towards the game.

you want to play your $60 single player RPG that costs you $15 month to continue playing you go right ahead and keep pretending this isn't a serious issue.

It's not BW fault that players don't want to get social and build groups. You pay fot the game, you have it, play it as best as you can and stop crying.

This

You actually have a LFG tool and it would work fine if ppl were less lazy.

But i can also understand that clicking and writing 5/10 words in a tab is becoming a wearing task nowadays.

:rolleyes:

It's not a serious issue. The lack of population on some servers is a serious issue. The time it takes for updates and new content to appear is a serious issue. Endgame armour designs that look like a 12 year old came up with them are a serious issue.

These are what will drive people away, not taking slightly less time to form a group. You may notice that it would be faster to begin with, but in the end it will still take over an hour because people have left for other reasons.

players don't group because it's stupid to shout LFG in general for over an hour to get nothing out of it.

your doing it wrong, i get a group when ever i want and im on a low populated server. thing is most newbs these days expect everything handed to them on a plate within seconds of them asking for it.

go old school boi :p

This

But i can also understand that clicking and writing 5/10 words in a tab is becoming a wearing task nowadays.

OMG you call "tool" to that hard to read trimmed small box in the who tab???? the one that only list ppl in your area???

Thats not a tool, thats just a joke, wait, you were joking right?

I kinda miss the beta, you know, where I just wrote in general chat that I was looking for people to do questing with, and had people in a party for a few hours, not just for heroics, but just for doing the normal quests, collecting social points and having a good time.

it's definitely not bioware's fault, you get MORE exp for grouping, unlike in other games... people just really seem to be more interested in doing their own thing... :(

nice try

even if it is true

then bw made a tool that bad ppl can't use

and it is a "good tool", haha

no

Fixed for you, hope you don't mind.

And

OMG you call "tool" to that hard to read trimmed small box in the who tab???? the one that only list ppl in your area???

Nope, i'm serious.

Really, i am.

Scared of something?

I did group with people all the time - for multiplayer content.

I did all the flashpoints and many of the heroics, and yet heroics generally don't have any conversations. Isn't it ironic that the actual "social" activities give no social points? It would be nice if you could get a few points from killing stuff together, like maybe 1/10 chance of a social point after every mob death or something.

Signed,

A level 50 in low social 2, despite being social.

Edited by Stenrik

take it u aint tried clicking on the box and reading it all? there is enough room in there to say what group you are looking for.

tbh i dont even use that, i use global LFG and the /who list, i dont even bother going to fleet to look for a group and i get one when ever i want for what ever i want. and this is on a low populated server. (Niman)

I've had no issues getting groups for 10+ years playing MMOs without a LFG tool. not sure what the big deal is

The big deal is that on most servers, there's not a big enough pool to draw from.

Try making a balanced group when many planets are in the single digits, population-wise, and fleet has 25 people at peak.

LMAO:rolleyes: A another one in the No Child Left Behind Act:eek:

Edited by WayCoolJr

No....thats where you and many others are wrong. It IS biowares fault, because of the low server populations, its harder to find someone on the same level ( in general) as you

I'm less concerned with advancement, and more with the fact that there's a lot of cool social gear I'll probably never get to – because getting a FP group once in a while doesn't really get you that many Social Ranks :(

A LFG tool is badly needed tho. In a game where you craft a solo-story from 1 to 50, you really need to not make the act of getting players into a group, more of a hassle than necessary.

No cross-server LFG I can completely understand. What good does it do to foster community between players who can only meet up when thrown together by the LFG God?

Server transfers to get people off the ghost servers is a better answer for that.

Well, Grouping for flash points and heroics is only the first step. Personally, I have not had an issue in waiting for groups. I have always found one in 10 minutes max.

The real discipline is to make friends along the way. Example, say you group with 10 different people between the levels 21-30. Why not add some of them as friends. Say, 3-4 of those people who you got along with in heroics or flash points.

If you kept that trend from the get go (1-10, 11-20 etc) you'd have a melting pot of contacts when you hit the big 50! Not only are they roughly the same level as you (play time trends obviously a variable here), but you will be able to work together well, knowing each others strenghts and short comings (we never admit it, but we all have them)

As for the social box, it provides plenty of information to spark a /whisper to someone you think may be a good candidate to group with. You have their name, their level and class. It evedn allows you to sort the list to how you want, alphabeticly, by level etc. It's a much more useful tool than most give credit for. Also, it cuts out alot of "LFG Heroic 2+...". But sometimes that is also a good way to find a group.

Hope you enjoyed this food for thought,

Chime xXx

This

Spoken like a true "non-user" of said so called LFG tool.

I see a lot of this stuff is talked about but maybe the more people talk about it the sooner the problem will be solved. I'm talking about the screaming need of LFG cross server tool. Basicly right now i'm missing a great deal of the fun operations and heroics in the game because it is almost impossible to find 1, not to mention 4 people to group with. This includes heroics on planets as well as flash points etc. And no i don't want to spend hours standing in the Imperial fleet or Alderaan waiting to form a group.

I pay to play not to wait and spam the chat!

So right now i'm either waiting to be 10 lvls higher than the heroic quest to do it or wait for a lvl 50 guildy or friend to help me.

As for flashpoints for 42 lvls charachter i've done around 4-5!

So i really hope for the sake of new players you make this tool! For me - i'll be lvl 50 soon so i'll just storm what heroics are left on the planets but where is the fun in that?

if you are rank 1 social and level 47 it is no ones fault but your own.. there are pleanty of people looking for groups to go do flashpoints and what not on my server. I think it is safe to assume that most other servers are the same. If you choose to not group with them that is your fault... not biowares at all. Really to blame Bioware because you wont group is dumb.. sorry but really there are pleanty of groups out there if you look for them.