Most hated and most loved ability

Onymus

What is your favorite ability to use, what is the one you can do without and why?

Love

Flame Thrower! AOE damage, great animation and short cooldown.

Hate

Missile Blast. It uses too much heat, has pitiful damage and an unneeded AOE.

Explosive Dart. I love that ****. I love how it has a 2 second primer to trigger burst, and I love when sages force speed away with less than 1,000 health and it fires off, killing them. That makes my day.

Least favorite ability? Sweeping Blasters. It should be longer like the Smuggler variant.

Explosive Dart. I love that ****. I love how it has a 2 second primer to trigger burst, and I love when sages force speed away with less than 1,000 health and it fires off, killing them. That makes my day.

It reminds me of the good old days of using the Rail Launcher's secondary fire in Dark Forces, and knowing that the stormtrooper it hits has exactly three seconds to live.

It's even better here, though, because enemies in this game actually *know* they're going to die and panic appropriately. :D

Oh, Rocket Punch all the way, even as a Merc - makes a thematic finisher for a melee enemy

As much as I enjoy missile blast for the knockdown on non-elites, it's an awful lot of heat to justify consistent use unless there is a real need for an instant cast.

Most loved abilities:

Retractable Blade - Awesome animation. I especially love finishing people off with it when they end up with <5% hp - predator-style!:cool:

Flame Thrower - Roasting people in flames is simply awesome.

Most hated ability:

Flame Burst - It takes away from the uniqueness of the Flame Thower, and the spammable nature of it makes no sense to me. After all I didn't see Boba or Jango Fett spam bursts of flames everywhere. Our main spammable attack should be a blaster attack.

Favorite: Shoulder Slam

It's my favorite animation for the class. I hated that I couldn't use it as often as I would've liked and hate even more that it's being removed, A million curses!

Not favorite: Missile Blast

I like the ability but it costs too much heat and I don't need the AE.

Favorite - Unload. How has nobody else said this yet?!? by far our biggest hitting attack. and its insta-cast :)

Least - theres a few.. i wouldn't say missile blast because it comes it handy every once in a while as a finisher. But i would probably say sweeping blast. Or rocket punch before it was removed...

Edited by Slicksteezin

Favorite: Shoulder Slam

It's my favorite animation for the class. I hated that I couldn't use it as often as I would've liked and hate even more that it's being removed, A million curses!

Not favorite: Missile Blast

I like the ability but it costs too much heat and I don't need the AE.

I hadn't really thought about shoulder slam in awhile since it is being removed soon. Shoulder slam has a great animation and I would prefer it to the rocket punch one. I may have to edit my post!

I love unload, but I also love the fact that with explosive dart the enemy starts quivering with fear!!

I can't stand sweeping blasters... mainly cos it doesn't DO anything.....

I would like Sweeping Blasters if it did as much damage as when the bosses who have it use it.

I love unload, but I also love the fact that with explosive dart the enemy starts quivering with fear!!

I can't stand sweeping blasters... mainly cos it doesn't DO anything.....

Sweeping Blasters is an essential part of an AOE rotation. It can knock back weaks and standards (like DFA). However, it *is* weaker than your other AOEs - because they all have cooldowns and SB is spammable.

Most Loved:DEATH FROM ABOVE! It's fun to go balistic and use my jetpack! :p

Most Hated: Unload It takes way too much heat and barely does any damage :mad:

Guessing you're a Powertech?

I'm leveling one now and, while I love my abilities, every time I fire off that Unload I seriously miss the Mercenary one. It's a thousand times better.