PVE Healing Is Undertuned And Boring

I solo healed every boss in SM S&V Today in pvp gear. Operative healer

About 1250 bonus tech dmg with 25% crit

Wasn't even difficult..............

Point here isn't to brag. Other people have probably already done this. Just to say this is dumb BW. Running with 5 DPS and the fights still aren't very interesting to heal? Something is very wrong.

I have the same problems in HM and I could probably solo heal all of them except the last boss. Was forced to solo the second one on PTS and was relatively easy.........

Please add unavoidable dmg to the encounters. Thanks

? lol if you are pleased by how easy and boring PVE in this game has become since 1.2 and HM EC....?

I PVP basically only. I just fill in for raids and need the barrels and 2 piece for my op

I mean if the question is did I do it?

I'm Chompin on the Harbringer, in <YES> and if anyone doesn't believe me I will come carry their ****** pug through this easy *** instance.............

If I ever get full underworld I probably could................And this isn't a post about me, which is why i didn't include my char at first. People don't seem to think solo healing an instance that is barely different than the ridiculously easy BiS HM S&V and HM TFB means anything? Do you *********** think they double the dmg going out for 2 healers? lol. Boring and stupid. Can't even get a sense of accomplishment the first time you finish these things. Just too easy

Their idea of "tuning" an instance means that i can solo heal it once i get a tier above recommended.

Like i said I did this with **** stats without issue, and confident I could do it up till the styrak in HM S&V with these stats. Just not going to ask a raid of legit PVE'rs who don't need my help to let me try and solo heal it, lol. I'm sure I will get a chance to try soon enough.

Hopefully by then bioware will have these raids actually do dmg. So healers don't sit with their thumbs up their *** all raid trying to fail dps

Edit - I am talking about healing, the other 2 roles I don't PVE in so I won't comment

Edited by Mookind

You do understand what SM is all about, right?it is a chance for everyone to see the story.

Yes I agree with you, SM TfB and SM S&V are easy, but that is the entire point of them. You want difficult, go to HM, you want a real challenge, go to NIM (when they come out).

Not everyone has the same grasp for the abilities or knowledge of their role, so SM is designed for everyone to see the story.

Also while you may be super great, you had a decent team that was 1/2 way knew their roles and abilities or people would have been dying. I happened to solo heal Kephess in SM TfB when the other healer DC at the start of the fight, did it with no problems, not sure anyone got below 60%, but that had nothing about me being great, it had everything to do with my group getting out of AoEs, popping defensive cooldowns and more importantly, knowing when to pop defensive cooldowns. Even HM and NIM modes can be fairly easy when you have a great group, get in a terrible PUG and have your ego deflated a little, then maybe you will give credit where credit is due.

Funny people complain about easy mode being easy. :p

LoL you guys seriously think people won't be able to solo heal HM S&V with the min maxed underworld?

I'm pretty good at this game, but I'm sure there are straight up machines out there who go whole raids without miscasting. These guys have been capable of solo healing SM since day 1 of the expansion. And will be able to rape HM styrack without any issue as soon as they min max. If I am good enough to solo heal the 2nd boss in HM S&V then I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who can do much more

HM EC in 1.2 didn't have that problem. Revamp the dmg BW

Edit - Before some one chimes in about the glitch on Kephess, no i'm not referring to that...

Edited by Mookind

Get out of SM and do HM TFB/SV and NiM EC.

Here's a fight parse from this morning when I risked queuing for GF SV SM and the ops fell apart after just one boss:

http://www.torparse.com/a/205160/2/0/Damage+Dealt

Roughly 45% of Dash'Roode and 53% of the Womp Rats?

SM is set for randoms. Experienced and geared players cruise through it.

If you cant be bothered to get into organised PVE then there's no point going on about SM being easy.

Edited by Gyronamics

As I said.....I cleared HM TFB and SV on the PTS....and on live

And have filled in for raids for my guild, while I am not an official "raider" i do it profeciently and we basically have about 8 hardcore raiders then the rest of us just fill in as needed.

With me and another healer most fights are extremely boring

The first fight is a joke him HM, easily solo able by an op, maybe a little off healing if you get ported but you're normally only a few rolls away.

2nd, is rough.This one i have actually solo healed because our other healer DC'd at the start of the fight. Rough but the dmg is spread evenly and it is very easy to keep your tank up in the last phase. It wasn't clean, but it could have been if i had played better and known more about the boss.

3rd fight, easy mode heals. I don't think most healers will have issues here with a little coordination. The med pacs up top make this very simple.

4th is the color boss? I assume running 2 dps on one of the groups is viable but I'm not really sure. Might need an off healer for the first phase. Definitely soloable in teh last phase

The puzzle is easy as **** to heal, i respec deeps for the last phase since the first time we downed it.

The 4 bosses are also relatively easy to heal. This one is chaotic so it's more about how well coordinated your group is. Assuming some of our unnamed snipers doesn't decide that I should heal through everything so he can keep dpsing we could do that fine too.

Styrak is where teh real problem is. There are just too many burst phases and not enough energy. When the dragon rolls and throws spikes, the 4 add phase, and the aoe lightning dmg. I think it's definitely possible but you would need to be a machine to do it in the gear I'm in. Soon tho

Edited by Mookind

The first fight is a joke him HM, easily solo able by an op, maybe a little off healing if you get ported but you're normally only a few rolls away.

There's usually a lot of raid damage on this fight unless you have 4 ranged DPS (and even then). With a good group though, I could see this being solo healable as an operative. Would be pretty tough as a merc.

2nd, is rough.This one i have actually solo healed because our other healer DC'd at the start of the fight. Rough but the dmg is spread evenly and it is very easy to keep your tank up in the last phase. It wasn't clean, but it could have been if i had played better and known more about the boss.

The hardest part is Lots of Missiles if your tanks are doing their job. If your tanks aren't doing their job with precision, then everything gets dramatically more difficult. The nice thing about Lots of Missiles though is you have plenty of time to catch up again. Operatives are probably best for this, since their "AoE" is just "spreading the HoTs".

3rd fight, easy mode heals. I don't think most healers will have issues here with a little coordination. The med pacs up top make this very simple.

Clearly you haven't done this fight on live. The medpacs were removed.

This is the most damage-intensive fight in the entire operation (including Styrak). The tank will take an *absurd* amount of damage, and whatever DPS/tank who goes up on the wall will also take a very high amount of damage from the snipers. Looking at my healer's logs, I'm very confident that you cannot solo heal this fight, even with a well-geared and coordinated group. You simply can't put out enough HPS.

4th is the color boss? I assume running 2 dps on one of the groups is viable but I'm not really sure. Might need an off healer for the first phase. Definitely soloable in teh last phase

Send the healer to Green. Nothing else puts out enough damage to be a problem. You'll need off-cleanses for the boss at the end, and using assassin/juggernaut tanks will help a lot by removing the Terminate mechanic.

The puzzle is easy as **** to heal, i respec deeps for the last phase since the first time we downed it.

It's not too bad if you have good tanks. That's really what this boss comes down to. If your tanks aren't extremely sharp, this fight is hell to heal. Oh, also it helps to have an advantageous puzzle. Being forced to leave Frontliner/Recon droids up increases the raid damage dramatically.

The 4 bosses are also relatively easy to heal. This one is chaotic so it's more about how well coordinated your group is. Assuming some of our unnamed snipers doesn't decide that I should heal through everything so he can keep dpsing we could do that fine too.

The tanks need to kite (rather than just taking Tu'chuk to the face), and you will need to have immensely coordinated DPS. Having all ranged would help a lot, since you wouldn't have to worry about Fixate mistakes or more than one person getting Explosive Surged. The early phases in the fight would be hard, but everything else would be easy. I would honestly rather do it as a merc than as an operative though.

Styrak is where teh real problem is. There are just too many burst phases and not enough energy. When the dragon rolls and throws spikes, the 4 add phase, and the aoe lightning dmg. I think it's definitely possible but you would need to be a machine to do it in the gear I'm in. Soon tho

Uh…? We *do* one heal this fight in hard mode. Our sage picks up the brunt of the healing while our commando healer basically just DPSes and off-heals whenever it's really needed (I think his HPS was in the low teens, and the sage was hardly going all-out). With precise tanking, the damage in this fight is a joke until the soft enrage. Once you get to the soft enrage, things are very difficult, but just make sure you have your Adrenaline Probe available and HoTs on everything and you'll do just fine.

Truthfully, I stopped reading after he said he was an Op healer. Nuff said :p

Exactly. As soon as we found out he was an op healer, we instantly knew what a great and talented player he must be. Op healers rule.

Exactly. As soon as we found out he was an op healer, we instantly knew what a great and talented player he must be. Op healers rule.

I have a sorc and a jug tank i play better than you too, lol

Op healers rule.
Love my Operative Healer, but she takes orders from her green sawbones older sister, so Sawbones rule. Sawbones can heal circles around a operative. :p

Please no one take that serious. They are the same and mine are even twins, only the operative is Blue and the smuggler is Green.

Edited by mikebevo

I have a sorc and a jug tank i play better than you too, lol

KeyboardNinja makes a well-written, comprehensive post, discussing the points you brought up, which merits no response from you.

But the opportunity to insult someone, that's somehow irresistible?

KeyboardNinja makes a well-written, comprehensive post, discussing the points you brought up, which merits no response from you.

But the opportunity to insult someone, that's somehow irresistible?

Forum hero for the win man. Plain and simple. Tam wrecks all of his claims and he just ignores it.

And yeah, Op healers are quite OP (no pun intended there). My GM, on his op healer realized just how easy it was to single target heal than his sorc, with the op being 2 tiers below his sorc.

You guys are all talking like everyone should be able to do this with a PUG. Including the long winded post about how your group has to be good to do it. Which is basically all he said

We have been raiding for over a year, hopefully you have found some competent people to play with. I understand not all of us could clear this if it was made harder because they are dragged down by their group. But competent raiders should not have a snooze fest for best in slot gear. Ever

And some one will solo heal every fight in this game except maybe the Terror before a new tier of gear comes out. That is fact. Could you do it with some **** group? Of course not. But if you are playing with a **** group then YOU SHOULDN'T GET BEST IN SLOT GEAR.

The whole point of this is that the tuning for HM and IMO story Mode is way off. Fine let story mode be able to be done by straight pugs with 0 communication. But as far as I'm concerned HM S&V should be on teh same level as HM EC at 1.2. And it isn't even close

**** is *********** boring, odd how I don't find the same sentiment on the forums. But everyone I talk to on the server agrees with me. Very odd

Edit - Solo heal every operation boss

Edited by Mookind