Lore Fact of the Day

CourtneyWoods

Instead of posting a new thread every week, I am just going to update this one. That way we can have a long continuous conversation about them. :jawa_biggrin:

Since Game Update 2.7 came out yesterday, I'll continue to post about Tython and Korriban this week!

The yellow banners hanging from the Jedi Temple represent the Republic-Jedi union.

After retaking Korriban, Darth Thanaton ordered the exploration and excavation of the tombs surrounding the Sith Academy at whatever the cost.

Curious, considering Korriban had been in Imperial hands for three years prior to Thanaton even becoming a Darth. I guess getting the Academy up and running took precedence over tomb raiding. More unusual is the fact that it wasn't the Dark Councilor in charge of Ancient Knowledge sounding the call for exploring the Sith's retaken homeworld. It's a shame we know so little of the Sphere's leadership during the Great Galactic War and Cold War.

Heck, aside from Vowrawn and Marr, the Council's makeup at any given time is rather undefined. I think that'd be a great area to expand upon in the future.

Curious, considering Korriban had been in Imperial hands for three years prior to Thanaton even becoming a Darth. I guess getting the Academy up and running took precedence over tomb raiding. More unusual is the fact that it wasn't the Dark Councilor in charge of Ancient Knowledge sounding the call for exploring the Sith's retaken homeworld. It's a shame we know so little of the Sphere's leadership during the Great Galactic War and Cold War.

Heck, aside from Vowrawn and Marr, the Council's makeup at any given time is rather undefined. I think that'd be a great area to expand upon in the future.

Mortis and Ravage have been members of the Dark Council for quite some time as well I believe. Regardless, I for one would like to know which Sphere was Darth Soverus heading. Maybe Military Strategy?

Always rubs me the wrong way to see new people appointed to the Dark Council and the Sith Inquisitor not partaking in it. I do understand the complexity of creating SPECIFIC NEW content for every single time a fellow councilor is killed but it makes the character's role feel fairly underwhelming.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Mortis and Ravage have been members of the Dark Council for quite some time as well I believe. Regardless, I for one would like to know which Sphere was Darth Soverus heading. Maybe Military Strategy?

Always rubs me the wrong way to see new people appointed to the Dark Council and the Sith Inquisitor not partaking in it. I do understand the complexity of creating SPECIFIC NEW for every single time a fellow councilor is killed but it makes the character's role feel fairly underwhelming.

Oh jeez, they've bumped off yet another Dark Council member?

I don't know why they bother appointing them anymore... :rolleyes:

The information is out there if you know where to look. This is good place to start. Edited by Beniboybling

Oh jeez, they've bumped off yet another Dark Council member?

I don't know why they bother appointing them anymore... :rolleyes:

I agree. Saying that that their tenure feels short would be an understatement.

So far, in the game alone, as far as Dark Council members go we've killed...

Darth Vengean

Darth Baras ( EDIT: Can be spared or killed )

Darth Thanaton ( EDIT: This one, technically speaking is killed by Darth Mortis )

Darth Acharon

Darth Hadra

Darth Decimus

Darth Arho

Darth Soverus ( EDIT: This one, technically speaking is killed by Commander Jensyn )

Not to mention the ones mentioned in the comics and novels, like Darth Karrid or Mekhis or even Thanaton's precessor, which was killed by Thanaton himself if memory serves me right. It's true some Masters with a seat in the Jedi Council have been killed as well, like...

Master Jaric Kaedan, Orgus Din or Oric in the latest flashpoint.

But even so, seriously... :o

EDIT:

Some edits, for the sake of accuracy. :cool:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

The information is out there if you know where to look. This is good place to start.

Most of which mostly pertain to current members, or appointees since the start of the game. There's little to no information regarding Council members in the early Cold War or during the Great Galactic War. And considering people like Vowrawn and Marr are considered anomalies with their years long, or even decades long tenure, one can't assume who held what seat more than a few years before the start of the game.

Regardless, I for one would like to know which Sphere was Darth Soverus heading. Maybe Military Strategy?

Most likely, considering Defense and Offense are spoken for.

Always rubs me the wrong way to see new people appointed to the Dark Council and the Sith Inquisitor not partaking in it. I do understand the complexity of creating SPECIFIC NEW for every single time a fellow councilor is killed but it makes the character's role feel fairly underwhelming.

For some, I could see it explained away as the 'Military' spheres wanting to keep appointment decisions in-house. And with Marr taking charge of things, it's likely all one needs is his approval to gain a seat. With Ancient Knowledge being a rather insular sphere, I can understand the other Councilors feeling like they don't need to acknowledge or include the player in every decision. As such, the player is granted the most leniency, but is also kept out of the political realm.

It'd be good if in the future, they start to acknowledge that the Inquisitor is no longer the fledgling member of the Council, with new appointees looking up to them the same way they would a senior member. Maybe get the chance to swat a fellow Councilor down if disrespected.

Edited by Osetto

I am back from Boston and I bring Lore!

Although Naga Sadow met his demise on Yavin IV, his tomb with all of its dark artifacts lies in the Valley of the Dark Lords.

This was something that bugged me early on, especially since in the Warrior storyline it seems like there's an actual body with Sadow's armor in the tomb. But since the Clone Wars gave Darth Bane a tomb there, I've just come to terms with the idea that any Sith Lord worth the name is gonna have sycophants who're gonna get his body to Korriban... for some reason.

This was something that bugged me early on, especially since in the Warrior storyline it seems like there's an actual body with Sadow's armor in the tomb. But since the Clone Wars gave Darth Bane a tomb there, I've just come to terms with the idea that any Sith Lord worth the name is gonna have sycophants who're gonna get his body to Korriban... for some reason.

I wouldn't give it much thought, even though I did notice it back then as well.

For some reason, Bioware just chose to reuse that armor over and over again, throughout the game... You can see that EXACT armor in other locations like the Athiss flashpoint or even Lord Grathan's estate on Dromund Kaas.

In other words, one may assume that said line of clothing was fairly common back then or just maybe the dude interred there was a high-ranking member of the Sadow'een. Too many possibilities really.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Who can name the Sith Lord whose tomb was ransacked by Revan during the Jedi Civil War?

Answer: There were four tombs that Revan went through. Ajunta Pall's tomb, the tomb of Marka Ragnos, Tulak Hord, and Naga Sadow.

Statement: But that was DURING the Jedi Civil War.

Supposition: If you ask about shortly before the Jedi Civil War, the answer is Tulak Hord.

Edited by HKtheindomitable

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Who can name the Sith Lord whose tomb was ransacked by Revan during the Jedi Civil War?

Full answer: many people, most of whom I don't know, can name the Sith Lord whose tomb was ransacked by Revan during the Jedi Civil War.

Answer: There were four tombs that Revan went through. Ajunta Pall's tomb, the tomb of Marka Ragnos, Tulak Hord, and Naga Sadow.

Statement: But that was DURING the Jedi Civil War.

Supposition: If you ask about shortly before the Jedi Civil War, the answer is Tulak Hord.

If she is asking about long before or shortly after the Jedi Civil War, another option could be Dramath the Second.

Full answer: many people, most of whom I don't know, can name the Sith Lord whose tomb was ransacked by Revan during the Jedi Civil War.

If she is asking about long before or shortly after the Jedi Civil War, another option could be Dramath the Second.

Agreement: Indeed. I didn't put that in. An error that will not happen again.

Hey everyone!

Great answers yesterday - I was specifically looking for Tulak Hord, but y'all went above an beyond. :jawa_biggrin:

Here is today's fact!

The Mandalorians are the descendents of the Taung, who fought against the people of Coruscant before the Republic existed.

Edited by CourtneyWoods

Well, I wouldn't so readily assume that that was actually Darth Bane or his tomb and not just an illusion.

After all his body and spirit were both destroyed on Ambria.

Hey everyone!

Great answers yesterday - I was specifically looking for Tulak Horde, but y'all went above an beyond. :jawa_biggrin:

Here is today's fact!

The Mandalorians are the descendents of the Taung, who fought against the people of Coruscant before the Republic existed.

We know that Courtney plays Horde now :p

What planet did the Taung settle on after being pushed off Coruscant?

None. They were so awesome, they just rode around on asteroids braving the vacuum of space.

(Or Roon, if you want to be all historical about it. After that, the planet they named Mandalore.)

Khem Val was not pleased...

I know what you mean: I'd kept mispelling Yn and Chabosh for so long I almost got devoured!

What planet did the Taung settle on after being pushed off Coruscant?

I admit I didn't know the answer to this one... Until I checked Wookieepedia, which is why I'm not going to answer :o. I am craving for more obscure Star Wars lore questions but admittedly it must be hard to find topics or facts that can't be found somewhere on the web :confused:

Edited by Lurtzello