Can't play ToR - Error C5 - Pls help

Tocken

Is anyone else getting this error? How did you fix it?

I googled and found an old thread (2015) that said to delete BitRaider folder, so I moved that folder to another location (in case deleting didn't work, and I should move it back) but after removing that folder, the game client still won't properly load.

Quote: "This program encountered an internal error and will exit.

Error code: C5

Failed to load game assets. Please contact customer support."

The customer support website is so confusing/frustrating/unpleasant, last time I used that website, the website would not log me out until I removed my cookies which messed up my other cookies (and I just do not enjoy using that site whatsoever, it is frustrating and I am already having a frustrating day, I don't want more).

I am hoping someone here maybe able to help. Thanks in advance <3

Edited by Tocken

Posting to add: I am able to launch the game just fine on another computer, my laptop, but my laptop is very slow, and almost unplayable in some ways. Seems this error is an issue on my end, but I don't know how to fix it.

Did you already attempt the repair option in launcher?

I wasn't aware of this, so nope haven't tried.

I found out I had removed the wrong bitraider folder ... There was one in "Documents" that I removed, and when that didn't work, I posted this thread. Later (before I read your post) I browsed more old threads and realized I was to remove the folder in the original install location. I removed that folder, and then saw your post. I'll go try to load the game with that folder removed. If that doesn't work, I'll try the repair you suggested, and report back here once I've tried to launch the game.

Edit to add:

Ok, it is working now.

I had removed the wrong folder before. Removing the BitRaider folder from the game folder worked. Folder location on my computer: C: > Program Files (x86) > Electornic Arts > BioWare > Star Wars - The Old Republic

P.S. Thank you for the help Deathpool :)

Edited by Tocken