[Spoiler] Tone down Darth Baras

ASGLRain

He cant have a instant kill Aoe that hits for more than the max health of your character. He also cant cast the thing every 8 secs. There are just not enough stuns and interrupts. He has killed me more than 50 times and has cost a fortune to repair.

I say take away the 31k health he has.

Take out the voice stuff make it a 60 sec cd or something.

The red lightning ok he can have that if the rest of this guy is lowered.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, it's like a 5s cast time - it's not hard to interrupt at all, or just run away from. the only way it would be easier to interrupt is if he started cackling like Sideous while he cast it.

I was actually kind of disappointed how easy it was - it's the last fight in your class quest and I was hoping for something truly epic, like hordes of zombie apprentices or something.

He cant have a instant kill Aoe that hits for more than the max health of your character. He also cant cast the thing every 8 secs. There are just not enough stuns and interrupts. He has killed me more than 50 times and has cost a fortune to repair.

Ummm, you can interrupt it multiple ways, and run away from it. It took me 2 or 3 tries to kill Baras. I have no idea why you are having such a tough time with it. You have 2 ways to interrupt him, force choke, and an actual interrupt. The only time you would have a problem interrupting his case is if he was chain casting it, which he doesn't.

I mean, they don't need to make this fight easymode, just because players don't know what they are doing. The fight should be harder IMO.

I disagree. He is not overtuned.

I killed him on my first try with no real problems. I was an annihilation marauder and used my cooldowns carefully, and also had medpack on me. How can he then be mechanically impossible for you? You say he is oneshotting you with AoE and I highly doubt that.

Interrupt his big casts, move from the aoe on the ground and look at what you are doing wrong and what gear improvements you can make before you blame it on game mechanics.

Edited by Mystcard

Yep...your interrupt is on a cooldown that is lover than the time he takes to cast it again plus the time it takes for him to channel the ability. So the fight goes like this:

Beat down

Beat down

Interrupt

Beat down

Beat down

Interrupt

Also, be sure to move out of anything he puts on the floor. Then, success.

Are you healing between fights? Seriously baras was a pushover, that guy just gets other ppl to do things for him while he sits around eating cheesy poofs. He finally has to fight me and I never even burned my heroic. Just use interrupts and heal between fights...should be fine

Cyborg Drahg was a MUCH harder fight, I died several times there.

As has been stated,

I found Baras to be rather easy and killed him on my first try. Drahg 2.0 however was an immensely harder fight. I died once and barely managed to kill him on the second try.

However I am a Jugg, so maybe it's more difficult for marauders, I don't know...

If anything, I would suggest making

Baras tougher and Drahg 2.0 slightly weaker since after I fought Drahg the fight with Baras seemed extremely anti-climactic.

He's fine as is.

Took me three tries to beat him as a lvl 50 marauder (carnage spec'd) in orange/blue gear from flashpoints & missions & crafting.

Keys to beating him are:

1. Stay out of the AOE

2. Interrupt his "voice of the emperor" attack, has approx 5-6 sec cast time.

For your sake I hope you never roll an Inquisitor. :D

End fight for Warrior: First try with 80% hp left, companion 100%. Easy as cake.

End fight for Inquisitor: Fifth try, companion dead and 2% hp left. Hard as hell.

You have a super easy fight in the end of the Warrior story. SUPER easy.

Or just ask for help finishing him off, it's an mmo, you're allowed :)

(I love playing lowbies on DK and hearing that higher level people need help with their class missions. They seem to think they owe me some great debt for taking two minutes to log in another character, but I guess I just feel like it's what I'm supposed to do, and besides I think it's fun.)

DO NOT CHANGE THIS ENCOUNTER!! If you look at it as a whole, it teaches you some of the basics of tanking and DPSing in a Operation environment. Move out of the red lightning, interuppt his Voice of the emperor, and keep him away from your healer or ranged DPS. So many other games have mind numbing "boss" fights that dont teach you about the end game. This is a good fight, keep it this way, if this OP cant beat him after 50 times I dont want to see him in a raid. I'm sure no one else does either.

DO NOT CHANGE THIS ENCOUNTER!! If you look at it as a whole, it teaches you some of the basics of tanking and DPSing in a Operation environment. Move out of the red lightning, interuppt his Voice of the emperor, and keep him away from your healer or ranged DPS. So many other games have mind numbing "boss" fights that dont teach you about the end game. This is a good fight, keep it this way, if this OP cant beat him after 50 times I dont want to see him in a raid. I'm sure no one else does either.

^ This

/thread

I actually died maybe 3-4 times when I first tried this fight; here's what I did to win:

1) Yes, I know, bonus series are annoying. Go get to 50 anyway. It's probably possible at 48, but the 4 times you've just died suggests that's not the best plan for you (pretty sure this was the key step right here).

2) Take a stim. Think I went with strength. Endurance or even presence are worth a try, too. You've got the best medpacs available, right?

3) Put on your tanking gear and soresu form, if possible. Almost 50% damage reduction on my dpser was not bad. Since you're now level 50, you're able to actually wear that nice tanking stuff you've got stashed away, too!

4) Interrupting Voice of the Emperor is better than slowly backing away from it. Don't try that this time. You've got the standard interrupt, force choke, an area effect stun, and you can toss him across the room and jump over to him. Absolutely no reason he should ever get it off, especially if your companion's also, say, freezing him.

5) Stop by the fleet and start buffing people from the other three classes until someone from each reciprocates. I actually won against Draagh by dragging my level 17 Inquisitor friend out to Corellia. Their extra damage resistance is handy.

If you're still getting nowhere... go hunt datacrons and matrix shards, get relics, make sure Quinn's gear is as well upgraded as yours, etc. If you *still* can't win, I'm not sure what to tell you; we're into what should be serious overkill here. Find someone else to come help, I guess.

Seriously, it's like a 5s cast time - it's not hard to interrupt at all, or just run away from. the only way it would be easier to interrupt is if he started cackling like Sideous while he cast it.

Your forgetting how bad people are at this game, interrupting is something they don't know how to do, getting out of fire etc.

Thanks for ruining it for me jerk. Why don't you change your title so you don't ruin it for everybody else? That's right, that would be selfless, never mind.

the fact hes in a spoilers section means he can do whatever he wants, no spoiler tags

Your forgetting how bad people are at this game, interrupting is something they don't know how to do, getting out of fire etc.

Yeah I was quite surprised to see tanks lvl 40+ who don't even know they can just step to the side and completely dodge enemy AoE's. I mean as early as the lvl 10 flashpoint the boss teaches players to dodge AoE's. How are they STILL not knowing how to play by 50?!

Yeah I was quite surprised to see tanks lvl 40+ who don't even know they can just step to the side and completely dodge enemy AoE's. I mean as early as the lvl 10 flashpoint the boss teaches players to dodge AoE's. How are they STILL not knowing how to play by 50?!

Well speaking from personal experience, I've found that frequently when I try and get out of AoE range, I tend to still get hit anyways. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I just don't bother. Then again I don't really do group content so the only person I am hurting with that is myself. *shrug*