Trying to cap all three right away in Alderaan/Yavin warzones?

EmilmcUgly

I've noticed this a lot more since Yavin came on the scene - seems like every game, one or two (or even more) players will head to the snow/relic (I think) nodes right away at the start of the warzone.

I get the tactics of preventing the other team from capping, but. It's diluting our team's ability to cap mid, especially if the other team does the traditional "one to ours, everybody else to mid." And sure, if they only send one to theirs, maybe we can cap it. So bam, we've got two. But having snow/relic and grass/jungle makes it impossible to respond quickly to calls for help.

I've spoken about it in chat during the warzone, but people don't respond. Nobody's setting it up in advance that I can tell, unless they're whispering to each other, which would be weird.

Am I wrong about this? And this seems to be a relatively new thing.

Edited by EmilmcUgly

It's a different tactic on Yavin than on Civil War. I can't speak for everyone, but here's why our teams do this:

In Yavin, sending one person to run under mid to grab the fast cap buff and getting to their side node can easily result in a captured node if they only sent one person there because you can CC them long enough to cap the node with the buff. If they use their CC breaker, you CC them again with a grenade or something else that lasts at least 4 seconds. There are a couple of exceptions to this, of course, with classes that have more than one CC break, or who have the ability to damage you wihile CC'd, like PTs do with Shoulder Cannon. If they've sent more than one person to the side node, you can at least delay the cap there.

As for Civil War, we concentrate on two nodes, not all three, since there's no fast cap buffs or quick access to mid. If it looks like we're losing a node, we peel off a couple to go grab the third node, especially if the other team has over-committed to capturing one (which they often do).

Hope that sheds some light on this for you, at least from one perspective.

You should never give away any base for free.

Sending at least 1 player to all 3 nodes is the only right way to play. In both Yavin and Alderaan.

How you actually distribute your players is up to you, however I would recommend going with at least 4 of which one a healer and one a tank to mid if you actually intend on challenging it (which you should, that is the point of the game)

Edited by Evolixe

Well its basically a correct move for several reasons:

1. If mid is stalled the whole round youll win thanks to this

2. If the enemy gains a temporary advantage over you , you have more time to respond

3. If they mess up with getting a defender you get a free node

4. If they try stalling yours and you dont try with theirs they are getting a huge advantage...

5. Only the better players will try to 1v1 you... in most cases the guy you are attacking will call an inc and thus pull away enemies from mid... to make up for your missing there or even create an advantage on your team...

The whole story is a lot different for NC and AHG tho

You should never give away any base for free.

Sending at least 1 player to all 3 nodes is the only right way to play. In both Yavin and Alderaan.

How you actually distribute your players is up to you, however I would recommend going with at least 4 of which one a healer and one a tank to mid if you actually intend on challenging it (which you should, that is the point of the game)

This. If the enemy team doesn't stall yours, even one interrupt at theirs can give your team the early advantage. Not sending someone to the enemy node means you either instantly abdicate a potential advantage or even outright gimp your team if you get stalled instead.

One person going to the enemy's node at Yavin is a great tactic.

I do it all the time, unless I see other people going there or someone throws guard on me, in which case I go mid. What quite often happens if I peel theirs at the start by myself is that I either kill or one or two of theirs and cap (or even find that no one went theirs), or I delay their cap and give us an early lead and potentially even pull members of their team off of mid to reinforce the side. Even if you don't cap that node tying up 3 or 4 on the side for a bit opens up an opportunity for your team to cap mid.

It doesn't work all of the time of course, because sometimes your team is not good and fails to cap even if they'd had a numbers advantage at mid for two minutes, or you cap but your team loses mid and the other node, but it works enough to do it often.