Conquest commanders missing?

Jerba

On our server Tulak Hord, all Veteran Sith Battlemasters are missing, except the one on Iokath. The large conquest commanders (the ones that spawn with a shield) are visible; they don't appear to be affected. But the small conquest commanders may be bugged.

It is possible of course that one player or guild killed all commanders in the 3-4 hours since the servers have been live but considering that even commanders on high-level planets like the one on Yavin 4 are missing, I have a strong suspicion that they might be bugged. Maybe someone from another server can chime in.

Edited by Jerba

I checked all locations again after the emergency maintenance (on both factions), and it's the same issue. I found four large commanders who still had their shield, but not a single small commander; all locations were empty. The turrets were there but no commander between them. The only exception are the small commanders on Iokath, both for Imperial and Republic side, that spawned correctly.

Curiously, the commander with a shield on Yavin 4 had a shield timer of 5h40m (so it's been 20 minutes since it spawned) while the other commanders with a shield had a timer of around 3h50m (it's been a little over 2 hours since the servers went up). But AFAIK this is not proof that someone killed a commander. I believe that if no player is on a planet, the PvP instance won't open until the first player enters it.

Now, it is possible that someone killed all these commanders, either because of conquest or because of the loot (you can make a lot of credits by selling the flagship plans). And I heard from one player that when you try to solo these commanders and then die, they will immediately despawn similar to the DvL bosses. If you attack them as a group, they stay there after a wipe.

But it is past midnight here in Germany and I find it highly unlikely that someone killed all conquest commanders on both factions. If you see this thread, please comment on how the situation is on your server (my server is Tulak Hord). If the same problem persists on other servers, chances are high that this truly is a bug.

Edited by Jerba

I checked all locations again after the emergency maintenance (on both factions), and it's the same issue. I found four large commanders who still had their shield, but not a single small commander; all locations were empty. The turrets were there but no commander between them. The only exception are the small commanders on Iokath, both for Imperial and Republic side, that spawned correctly.

Curiously, the commander with a shield on Yavin 4 had a shield timer of 5h40m (so it's been 20 minutes since it spawned) while the other commanders with a shield had a timer of around 3h50m (it's been a little over 2 hours since the servers went up). But AFAIK this is not proof that someone killed a commander. I believe that if no player is on a planet, the PvP instance won't open until the first player enters it.

Now, it is possible that someone killed all these commanders, either because of conquest or because of the loot (you can make a lot of credits by selling the flagship plans). And I heard from one player that when you try to solo these commanders and then die, they will immediately despawn similar to the DvL bosses. If you attack them as a group, they stay there after a wipe.

But it is past midnight here in Germany and I find it highly unlikely that someone killed all conquest commanders on both factions. If you see this thread, please comment on how the situation is on your server (my server is Tulak Hord). If the same problem persists on other servers, chances are high that this truly is a bug.

In the last couple of weeks there has been in increased interest on those commanders. On Tulak Hord the prices for theflagship encryption is very high. that has multiple reasons.

In fact on Tulak Hord there are serveral guilds which are known for raiding regularly with nightmare crystals for clearing the content or farming master mode mounts.

In addition to that there are to guilds running Sale Raids which sometimes need up to 15 crystals for each run (scaling on sale difficulty)

Considering that we (Seven Stuck) sometimes need more than 200 Encryption per Week (For one crystal per member). Since crafting cost has been raised to 8 Refined Isotope Stabilizer you wont gain more than 3 Encryptions per Raid.

So the easiest way to get encryption in large numbers is in killing commanders.

We startet doing commanders in regular bases in mid may. Since July we dont run them regular. The reason is that at 7pm they are almost every small commander killed. my experience is in logging in at those locations ist that their are other guilds farming those encryptions for crystals or for their starships. I've seen at least 4 other guilds which are trying to farm encryptions regulary.

Another aspect is that there are some people doing them solo with tank and lvl 50 heal-companion to gain the high credit value of those encryptions of the gtn.

So imho there isn't a respawn bug or something else.

Only a faster respawn time would fix the missing problems on Tulak Hord at the moment.

Edited by ultimarb

• 10 months later...
hi sorry to inform you but the problem isnt a bug it simple a ton off ppl farming them .i and a other guild who does it a million times more :) the sith venischer are doing the comanders daily . Edited by anteprimal