We all just want to see the game succeed... right?

Kadin

Sometimes it's hard to tell what the overall opinion is of the game. Here on the official boards, I think it's pretty clear: people aren't too terribly happy... ever.

I really hope that the underlying cause of this unhappiness is just because people want to see the game be around for a long time and succeed in the end. I'm not delusional in this thinking, am I? Everyone that's here right now and is able to post has paid for the game and has an active sub (trials aside). Please don't tell me people pay money just to see a game fail and go away forever.

#longliveTOR

Edited by Kadin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanting succes, Yes.

How to achieve that success....No.

There is also a few rare jems that feel that some other game is "better" and thus should have more subs. So they will bash this in hopes of becoming right down the road.

Edited by Codek

I think most people here want to see the game succeed. However, it seems that everything turns into factional warfare with both sides getting more and more entrenched. Pretty common, unfortunately, for forums of this type.

Nevertheless, over all, the peeps with a personal axe to grind have left. What we have now is a mix of satisfied players and dissatisfied players, with an occasional troll that stirs things up.

I only want to see it succeed if the lead developer contacts me personally, and agrees that I can play a pink furred Ewok wearing Revan's pajamas, hood down, wielding a pair of white and purple striped light sabres, for free plus unlimited cartel coins. Then again, if he agrees, I'll have to assume I could have asked for even more... so still no.

I'd say there are probably a good deal of people who had very high expectations that were not met, and as a result resigned themselves to only calling out the worst possible scenarios so that they will either be proven wrong and be inwardly happy or else be right and say "I told you so!"

Yes I want the game to be successful. Very much so.

I just hope that free2play will be:

"how can we make the best damn game with what we have and make money doing so"

instead of

"how can we milk our customers in the fastest way possible"

As long as they create actual content with the cash they get,

instead of CC store stuff while arguing that the stuff is technically "content",

I wish them nothing but the highest success.

So far, I have nothing to complain, but hey, we haven't even started yet.... ;)

I only want to see it succeed if the lead developer contacts me personally, and agrees that I can play a pink furred Ewok wearing Revan's pajamas, hood down, wielding a pair of white and purple striped light sabres, for free plus unlimited cartel coins. Then again, if he agrees, I'll have to assume I could have asked for even more... so still no.

What if they gave you Candy Cane colored light sabers instead?

Obviously the vast majority of us do.

What we tend to bicker about most is how to turn the game around from losing ~2 million subs, into gaining subs. We tend to be a passionate bunch and believe we're right most of the time. Don't misread passion as dislike. Some people prefer to coddle Bioware and praise them for showing up to work, others, myself included, tend to be more insistent on what I feel needs to be a priority.

But overall...you're safe to assume we all want the game to be around for a long time.

Obviously the vast majority of us do.

What we tend to bicker about most is how to turn the game around from losing ~2 million subs, into gaining subs. We tend to be a passionate bunch and believe we're right most of the time. Don't misread passion as dislike. Some people prefer to coddle Bioware and praise them for showing up to work, others, myself included, tend to be more insistent on what I feel needs to be a priority.

But overall...you're safe to assume we all want the game to be around for a long time.

I agree.

Personally I think the "rose colored glasses" people are doing the game a major disservice by glossing over flaws and bad decisions. Pretending there are no problems does absolutely nothing to improve what needs improving.

I hope the game succeeds and is around for a long time but if it doesn't... no biggee. I wish I was really into the game, but as it stands today, it's just a diversion to me. It's such a white bread game that I can't muster up any enthusiasm for it either way. It's too boring to like and too bland to hate.

Sometimes it's hard to tell what the overall opinion is of the game. Here on the official boards, I think it's pretty clear: people aren't too terribly happy... ever.

I really hope that the underlying cause of this unhappiness is just because people want to see the game be around for a long time and succeed in the end. I'm not delusional in this thinking, am I? Everyone that's here right now and is able to post has paid for the game and has an active sub (trials aside). Please don't tell me people pay money just to see a game fail and go away forever.

#longliveTOR

People have been waiting for 12 month, talking about the potential of the game, filling the suggestion box with 22.000 threads, only with minor things getting into the game.

At a certain point people notice they are talking against a wall.

With F2P and the recent state of the game letter, hope has turned into frustration.

They either turn this ship into a new direction before they run into the cliffs, or someone else should pick up the IP and get to work asap.

No. There are plenty of people who have stated they want to see it fail. What they fail to realize is that real lives and jobs are at stake. I don't play Call of Duty but I don't want to see it "fail". I just don't spend my money on it. If a product isn't good enough to make it, I don't need to post on a message board to inflating my own bloated ego just to make it fail faster.

People have been waiting for 12 month, talking about the potential of the game, filling the suggestion box with 22.000 threads, only with minor things getting into the game.

With F2P and the recent state of the game letter, hope has turned into frustration.

They either turn this ship into a new direction before they run into the cliffs, or someone else should pick up the IP and get to work asap.

Testers don't design games. No one really cares about your suggestions.

No. There are plenty of people who have stated they want to see it fail. What they fail to realize is that real lives and jobs are at stake. I don't play Call of Duty but I don't want to see it "fail". I just don't spend my money on it. If a product isn't good enough to make it, I don't need to post on a message board to inflating my own bloated ego just to make it fail faster.

If they don't know what is important to their customers, how do they know what they need to work on? My requests and comments may fall upon deaf ears, but I'm no worse off for voicing my opinions. I'd rather do what I can to tell Bioware what I feel they need to fix, than to sit silently and bitterly by as the game fails. This has NOTHING to do with ego.

idk, they hit the essentials pretty well.

majority of requests over the past year that were hit:

-More servers (oops)

-Group finder

-Guild features

-Addons/UI costumizations

-Combat logs/Damage meters

-More Operations

-More Warzones

-Class balancing (especially with flaws between mirrored classes)

-Server transfers/Merges

-Character/companion customizations

-Many bug fixes

Things still missing:

-player housing

-Better space combat

-More Operations

-More story

-More planets

-Bug fixes (give me my damn codex entries!)

-More world PvP

-More WZ's

-Pazaack

Edited by Codek

Testers don't design games. No one really cares about your suggestions.

Is that your opinion or are you stating a fact that Bioware doesn't read the "suggestion box" area of the forums? They seemed to listen to testers of the F2P. We have 5 WZ's per week vs 3 and 2 toolbars vs 1. I'd say that we do have some influence on the game.

Is that your opinion or are you stating a fact that Bioware doesn't read the "suggestion box" area of the forums? They seemed to listen to testers of the F2P. We have 5 WZ's per week vs 3 and 2 toolbars vs 1. I'd say that we do have some influence on the game.

I'm being slightly snarky. Of course they listen to suggestions but they are under no obligation to do anything that anyone suggests (and that's a good thing).

The best designs come from within and from internal new ideas, not a bunch of beta testers.

#longliveTOR

I would hope so. You would have to be clinically sick to want a game to fail and pay to watch it.

Things still missing:

-player housing

-Better space combat

-More Operations

-More story

-More planets

-Bug fixes (give me my damn codex entries!)

-More world PvP

-More WZ's

-Pazaack

nice list, except that no one is requesting more OPs or FPs.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/366922/poll-Which-top-feature-to-get-yourself-interested-in-the-game-again.html

The people who left don´t want gear grind content, for the sake of playing more gear grind content

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst