Training Droids (Dummies)

Crunchyblack

Alright searched around and no recent threads on this topic, however was amazed to see the cotriversy those threads created regarding something as trivial as training dummies.

I just want them so i can rebind respec then practice the key rebinds. I dont care about future parsing or practicing rotations really...for me its just a way to create a good set of keybinds i can get comfortable with, it has to do with how i bind my keys but i like to keep things close, and some skills might need to be moved to an off key or near another key with a skill ill use with/before/after it ect. If that makes any sense.

Wasnt an issue leveling, but now with endgame and switching specs, and that i have seveal character (another will be endgame within a few weeks) im getting fustrated with finding a mob where i can sit there and practice rotation keybinds and where everything is located on my keyboard. Doing it during flashpoints doesnt make sense and the type of combat in flashpoints and ops are far diffrent than leveling or practicing on eilite mobs as combat lasts much longer.

What hard would adding a training dummy do anyway. Untill then back to waiting for this elie mob to respawn so i can try another layout...shame he doesnt last long enough to really get a feel for it.

• 4 weeks later...
This is something that should have some attention. I would love to have some training droids to beat on after switching talent specs. Would make me more efficient going into warzones than mashing buttons until I figure it out :-)

Lets see:

It would be like in WoW.(not that it is a bad thing, just the biodrones dont like it)

You could actually do something in the fleet. :eek:

And most importantly, we would end up asking for combat logs harder due to the uselesness of the droid if all you can do is "train" your rotation, not knowing what is doing what.

That just off the top of my head.

Im all for training dummies, just cant see it happening anytime soon.

Just dag up the info, they are part of 1.2 legacy rewards:

"Items for your ship – training dummies (operation, warzone dummies, healing dummies), repair droid (buy, repair, and sell upgrades for your ship droids that improves specific crafting abilities), mailboxes, auction houses (neutral GTN terminal but very very high up the legacy system – we want fleet to be populated it requires a lot of legacy level and a lot of credits)."

Lets see:

It would be like in WoW.(not that it is a bad thing, just the biodrones dont like it)

You could actually do something in the fleet. :eek:

And most importantly, we would end up asking for combat logs harder due to the uselesness of the droid if all you can do is "train" your rotation, not knowing what is doing what.

That just off the top of my head.

Im all for training dummies, just cant see it happening anytime soon.

They are in 1.2 as part of legacy for your ship IIRC.