Updated with Answers: Free-to-Play Questions? Ask them in this thread

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the cartel boxes, which seem to be very similar to star trek onlines lock boxes which were a con, I can't see much that is overly appealing to anyone that makes it to 50. So is the project revenue all going to be from new people to the game purchasing boosts and armour that is often very similar to what is already in the game?

I understand people are against play to win, but as it stands I don't see much from the cartel shop that is going to make this game vastly profitable. There isn't much in the way of must have armour/outfits in there, without housing or even guild ships there is no real need for a throne etc, access passes are likely to be too expensive for the benefit they give.

I was hoping to see more cosmetic options such as species, outfits, companion options etc. Rather than lock boxes etc.

What will happen to the "refer a friend, get an exclusive speeder when they buy the game and subscribe" promotion once F2P goes live?

Will characters which are not of the free species (human, zabrak, cyborg) that were created before F2P goes live still be playable by nonsubscribers, or will they need to use cartel coins to unlock those characters to play them again?

My wife's subscription is up in three days, and she's sitting on around 1500 cartel coins. If FTP pops next month, does she lose those coins?

The FAQ already addresses this:

Do I need to be a subscriber to receive my Cartel Coins when the Free-to-Play option becomes available?

"The Cartel Coins that are visible in your Ledger now will be granted to you when the Free-to-Play option becomes available as long as you have active game time on your account at that time.

Follow-up: Why do I have to have active game time to claim my earned Cartel Coins?

Edited by AlixMV

Will the the Apac servers be upgraded to a super server before f2p goes live?

the Apac community deserve the same gaming experience as the us and eu players and for months we have waited watching these servers population dwindle Merging these servers would offer a gaming experience 1000x better than the current 3 servers could ever offer Increasing the prospects of f2pers upgrading to a sub and experiencing the game as it should be with other people, because right now it's a barren wasteland

Edited by denpic

Why do other subscribers with the same version of the game as me (Collector's Edition) and have been subbed in the game since early access have an extra 150 (extra month) of cartel coins than I do.

Same version of the game and same time in game yet a difference of 150 cartel coins? They have 2500 and I have 2350...why?

Edited by DarthBrundleFLY

1.) Do former subscribers who switch to F2P have to purchase the equippable purple item unlock? So they could potentially log in and have nothing they can equip unless they buy the unlock?

2.) The Credits to Cartel Coins conversion rate seems all over the place based upon how the Legacy unlocks are priced.

For example, the following Legacy unlocks cost 50,000 credits each, but various CC amounts:

• Priority Transports: Outlaw's Den - 125 CC
  • Basic Field Repair Droid - 250 CC
  • Legacy of Crafting I - 100 CC
  • Field Mail Droid - 250 CC
  • Improved Warzone Experience III - 150 CC

The following Legacy unlocks cost 1 million credits each, but various CC costs, some similar or less than items that cost a mere 50k credits:

• Repair Droid - 250 Cartel Coins
  • Improved Rocket Boost 1 - 100 Cartel Coins

Is this by design or will costs be normalized before this goes live?

Will the cartel market icon be resized/moved/colored? Right now it is a bit of an eyesore right on the screen would be nicer if it blended into the UI more like the other tabs (legacy perk, skills, etc)

You can move it with the UI editor

I recently saw that access to Guild Banks may need to be purchased from Cartel Market for non-subscribing players. I'm not sure if this is a confirmed feature or not, but as a Guild Master, the prospect is a little concerning. My guild is set up so that members of a certain rank can access the Guild Bank, but now it seems that they would also have to add purchasing this ability to the list of prerequisites, I feel this is something that should be left up to the Guild Masters, not arbitrarily handed out via in-game purchase. What if a player uses their Cartel Coins for this access? Do they gain access despite not meeting the Guild's existing conditions, or would they be throwing away those coins in this instance? Secondly, you'd be charging for access to our Guild Bank, so would the Guild see anything in return? Would the Guild Bank receive a deposit of X amount of credits when a F2Player chooses to purchase access? Furthermore, whilst on the subject, are there any Guild Perks on the horizon for us? Bonus XP when partied w/Guildmates? A tithing scenario where a percentage of credits earned gets added to the guild bank? Other ideas that have been mentioned in my own Guild are the possibility of a customizable Guild Capital Ship, or possibly a Guild Symbol/Banner for in-game use. Perhaps the Cartel Coins used to purchase access could be deposited and later used to purchase such advancements for the Guilds. I'm interested to hear what BW and/or other players have to say on this subject.

I know that F2P allows you to "play your class story to level 50". Many other MMOs technically allow this, but charge you to access to all the regions of the game (i.e. access to all the side quests on all the planets). I don't see any planet access in the cartel store. Does this mean F2P players will have access to every planet & side quest in the game (excluding warzones, etc.)?

Is new content that in the past was released as part of point releases (1.2, 1.3, 1.4) going to cost Cartel Coins for Premium Subscribers to access? Or will it be included for free as part of the Subscription price?

Two of the free items being touted on the f2p page include a Sith Meditation chair and Darth Nihilus's mask. Is there going to be any equivalent love for the Republic-focused toons/players?

There are supposedly 'travel restrictions' for Free Subscribers. What are the details on that? (EDIT): I just saw that the Free Features page has been updated with more info on this. However, given the number of times I've gotten stuck somewhere in the game and had to QT or Emergency Fleet Pass out of it (and the number of 'helpful' prompts saying to use one of those travel options in case of being irrevocably stuck), this is going to be nightmarish for f2p users encountering those bugs.

(ETA2): Elaboration on what 'Limited Character Creation options' means. Related: if you're a Premium Subscriber with Legacy racial unlocks and revert to a Free Account, what will have precedence, the f2p restrictions or the Legacy unlocks?

if you revert to an f2p account you will retain all off your characters traits and items but you wont be able to play them all if you have say 4 additional characters, to my understanding free to players only get 1 or 2 character slots, your legacy unlocks will stay, bioware has stated that Subscribers will get access to new content for free( well, technically not because we choose to pay for the game, but you get my meaning)

Two short questions:

1. If someone who is a subscriber later chooses to cancel their subscription, will they then lose their rights to for example equip gear of Artifact quality, use all six quickbars, and have bank access, or will rights such as these count as permanently "unlocked" for anyone who has a subscription?

2. Are there plans to add things such as character name change, legacy name change, and character re-customization to the Cartel Shop?

Edited by Rassuro

Will cartel packs be retired?

Will all the possible contents (and which items are super rare) for a cartel pack be published?

Will items in Cartel Packs be available for straight purchase?

How are purchasing additional character slots or using existing characters past 2 (converted sub to f2p) handled?

Do F2P players get any medical probe revives before having to resort to a consumable or returning to medcenter?

Will there be any hood-down (actual hood down versions where the hood is visible in the back when pulled down) and hood-up versions of Jedi Robes available in the Cartel Market? Can we finally get the Character Creation Jedi Knight armor?

Can we please get all the items that can be found in the boxes to be purchased directly instead? I want to know what exactly I'm buying.

Will there be color kits for armor?

Also, will chat bubbles be in the Cartel Market or will everyone be able to use them?

Also, will there be an option to purchase a lifetime subscription where you keep the benefits of subscribers forever?

Edited by Glzmo

Will we be seeing more adaptive gear added such as gloves, belts, legs etc etc?

Also, would you consider adding an Adaptive Armor Kit, say a dollar or two to get a single-use item that converts one piece of armor into adaptive armor? It's nice to see Inquisitor's/Consulars are getting a little love with the Cartel Market, but it would be nice if we choose exactly what armor we can wear. Thanks :)