Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accuracy - yes, I am a dumb dumb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Accuracy - yes, I am a dumb dumb

Evolixe
06.30.2020 , 11:03 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by StrikePrice View Post
There's so much mitigation in PvP, the accuracy is wasted completely.
This is factually false. Accuracy has nothing to do with damage reductions. All it does is make sure your damage lands.
Its literally a 4% damage increase to get 105% over 101% accuracy. You won't find a curve that steep on any of the other stats and that's not even the biggest deal about it.

The primary reason to cap your accuracy to 105% is because you really.. REALLY don't want to miss that 50k Furious Strike on the enemy PT/Merc/Sniper/Operative/Jugg/Mara at 49k hp. Accuracy literally decides games.

Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
A bunch of mm snipers use 110% (including me), but that's the only class I see it on generally.
There is really no point though, unless you're fighting a bunch of sins and sorcs.

There is something to be said for taking out the 110% kit when you're fighting a team of Inquisitors and Consulars though. It'll be well worth it there. But if the Inquisitor or Consular isn't your main target I wouldn't bother.
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

TrixxieTriss
07.01.2020 , 07:04 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
There is really no point though, unless you're fighting a bunch of sins and sorcs.
There is something to be said for taking out the 110% kit when you're fighting a team of Inquisitors and Consulars though. It'll be well worth it there. But if the Inquisitor or Consular isn't your main target I wouldn't bother.
As a sniper, it might be fun having main and off hand weapons hot barred so you can do a fast weapon swap out of combat. One lot with extra accuracy to give 110% and the other to give 105%.
That way if you’re facing an over abundance of Inquisitors on the other team, you can do a quick swap to 110%.

JediMasterAlex
07.01.2020 , 07:28 AM | #23

Early in the season, the queue was about 50% sins lol. And inquisitors are generally 25% of what you'll face, it's not like they're super rare.

Also, there are a bunch of other accuracy debuffs that effect white damage, like the tank ones. And since mm snipers do all white damage, I think it's worth it.

TrixxieTriss
07.01.2020 , 07:44 AM | #24
Early in the season, the queue was about 50% sins lol. And inquisitors are generally 25% of what you'll face, it's not like they're super rare.

Also, there are a bunch of other accuracy debuffs that effect white damage, like the tank ones. And since mm snipers do all white damage, I think it's worth it.
Do you use the accuracy-crit stim at the same time?

JediMasterAlex
07.01.2020 , 08:10 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Do you use the accuracy-crit stim at the same time?
Yes, the best way to reach 1590 accuracy is accuracy stim, 5 augs, initiative r-18, initiative r-19.

There are plenty of snipers much better than me that only use 105% as well, so I wouldn't say 110% is definitively better, but ti's at least justifiable.

Evolixe
07.01.2020 , 10:24 AM | #26

Tanks give damage reductions these days, the accuracy debuffs are gone mate. Good riddance if you ask me
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

JediMasterAlex
07.01.2020 , 11:52 PM | #27
Tanks give damage reductions these days, the accuracy debuffs are gone mate. Good riddance if you ask me
Are you sure? Cease's video on accuracy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEocR5Q8cOk) still talks about the tank debuffs that reduce accuracy for white damage by 5% (and he shows the one for jugg tanks on screen). So unless something changed in that regard in the last 7 months, I'm pretty sure they're still there. My main is a dps sorc, so I've never had to really pay attention to them much anyway, so I could be wrong.

Evolixe
07.02.2020 , 12:24 AM | #28
Are you sure? Cease's video on accuracy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEocR5Q8cOk) still talks about the tank debuffs that reduce accuracy for white damage by 5% (and he shows the one for jugg tanks on screen). So unless something changed in that regard in the last 7 months, I'm pretty sure they're still there. My main is a dps sorc, so I've never had to really pay attention to them much anyway, so I could be wrong.
Nope, you're right. The reason I thought it was gone was due to Wither.
I was so sure the effect used to be based off it but its actually on Discharge for Darkness.

But yeah, that fact alone should make 110% accuracy in games with an actual tank present well worth it.
I wouldn't bother in games where no tank is present though.

But that video pretty much speaks for every reason I am so.. so against accuracy debuffs in PvP. Its just bs.
You do 0 damage on a hit you miss. When it works its the ultimate defensive cooldown.
Its randomness just takes away from everything that PvP stands for in terms of smart play/outplaying your opponent.

For some of these debuffs you can't even CC a person and nobody could reasonably expect you to look out for when exactly a Tactics VG uses Sonic Round or an IO Merc using Chaff Flare. The effects are persistent for 6 seconds but the animations are very short and easily overlooked.

I wouldn't have such a big issue with it if the animations were as obvious as Deflection for example.. but the fact that they are so easily overlooked makes these cooldowns extremely strong.
Evolixe | Exilove
Darth Malgus
Watch me live on Twitch

Lhancelot
07.02.2020 , 04:57 AM | #29
Good job Alex staying on top of things even when they don't apply to your main. You always struck me more as a Mara or Jugg main for some reason, lol.
BIOWARE
Players quit WZs they do not enjoy. You are losing PVPers.
Give players a choice of WZs, enough is enough (Huttball) already!

Good job increasing rewards for PVP! It was much needed, thank you.

TrixxieTriss
07.02.2020 , 09:45 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Good job Alex staying on top of things even when they don't apply to your main. You always struck me more as a Mara or Jugg main for some reason, lol.
I would have picked a Merc, PT or Operative 😉