CC Breaker changes & Electronet

Twighead

In addition to it's many negatives, this change will greatly diminish the effectiveness of electronet. Electronet will no longer be doing it's job if people just break constantly. Haven't seen anyone else bring this one up yet, so what do you all think?

electro net is incredibly powerful. I haven't seen anything that actually "breaks" it. you can break its snare. you're still going to get eaten alive if you keep moving.

Yes, it does good damage. But it won't prevent stealthers from getting away or keep warriors from leaping on you which, to me, is more important than the damage.

Yes, it does good damage. But it won't prevent stealthers from getting away or keep warriors from leaping on you which, to me, is more important than the damage.

Actually I'm pretty sure it does prevent warriors from leaping on you, last time I played mine I had to stand there and just eat it.

Actually I'm pretty sure it does prevent warriors from leaping on you, last time I played mine I had to stand there and just eat it.

It does prevent you from leaping, but you can use your cc break on it, then it no longer restricts high mobility actions.

I hadn't even thought about this. For all those aren't sure, your cc breaker DOES remove the hindered debuff, thus allowing high mobility actions (leap, exfiltrate, force sprint ect.), and if your an operative, you can use evasion to remove the DoT too. The cc breaker resetting on death will wreck electonet, which will take away our ranked viability. The ranked team I've been talking with would take me for two reasons: my burst, and more importantly, electronet. With the cc break reset, a scoundrel healer could break the electonet hinder, roll away, get killed anyways, then be able to break the next electonet I throw on him (after a 90 second CD to boot).

It's obvious this is the dev's way to resolve (pun totally intended) the cc problems, but it will wreck so many systems in warzones. They're better off making resolve fill faster and decay slower. Otherwise, I and many other Mercs can say goodbye to our fleeting chance of participating in ranked.

Edited by mandoforlife

electro net is incredibly powerful. I haven't seen anything that actually "breaks" it. you can break its snare. you're still going to get eaten alive if you keep moving.

It's about 8k damage if you move through the entire duration.

Good damage, but hardly in 'eaten alive' territory, and spread over 9 seconds.

it dots them, so they won't be able to stealth. you're using electro net, so you have stealth scan even if they were able to do this. these are non-issues.

what the breaker does do is allows them to leap to you or scamper away. both cases are going to cost them a lot of hp. the latter case is a "win" since WZ are objective based. you've just successfully defended or won the position. resetting the breaker on death is only an issue A) because /stuck is a retarded mechanic inside of WZs and B) side speeders in CW that shouldn't be there in the first place. I'll throw in a C) healers are going to be a little harder to burn than they already are, but if they need to die in order to reset, then they're already dead. so you did your job. not a huge issue.

frankly, I don't like all the CC capping. I realize it's a necessity, especially since everyone else does it (in rated) and healing is up across the board (so is mitigation). but I prefer winning by killing the other guy rather than cc and root. iunno. I"m sure I'm not alone, but I know it's not unanimous. and I'm confident someone will come on and call me not nice things simply for holding this opinion. gotta love the internets.

it dots them, so they won't be able to stealth. you're using electro net, so you have stealth scan even if they were able to do this. these are non-issues.

what the breaker does do is allows them to leap to you or scamper away. both cases are going to cost them a lot of hp. the latter case is a "win" since WZ are objective based. you've just successfully defended or won the position. resetting the breaker on death is only an issue A) because /stuck is a retarded mechanic inside of WZs and B) side speeders in CW that shouldn't be there in the first place. I'll throw in a C) healers are going to be a little harder to burn than they already are, but if they need to die in order to reset, then they're already dead. so you did your job. not a huge issue.

frankly, I don't like all the CC capping. I realize it's a necessity, especially since everyone else does it (in rated) and healing is up across the board (so is mitigation). but I prefer winning by killing the other guy rather than cc and root. iunno. I"m sure I'm not alone, but I know it's not unanimous. and I'm confident someone will come on and call me not nice things simply for holding this opinion. gotta love the internets.

An operative (one of the most popular healers and ninja cappers) can both remove the hindered debuff and the DoT, simply CC break + Evasion.

CC breaker gets rid of everything. It's like saying vanish is now weakened because someone can CC break out of your vanish + mind trap and then just die to get CC breaker back up. Whether you can use CC breaker once or 15 times in a WZ, people are going to use them on the most dangerous abilities so the fact a particular ability is targeted just means it's very strong to begin with. Vanish is also devalued as various Vanish combos now is not effective because CC breaker is likely up, so you can't take advantage of the previou ~2 minute window you'd have to do something else after you forced them to CC break.

I agree that this change will negatively affect a lot of abilities. However, mercs/commandos finally got something useful and now I feel like we're taking a step back again. This was the big level 51 ability that was supposed to level the playing field a bit. Edited by Twighead

An operative (one of the most popular healers and ninja cappers) can both remove the hindered debuff and the DoT, simply CC break + Evasion.

learn to bind stealth scan. really. this is not a big deal. there are issues with a fresh breaker on death. this isn't one of them.

It's about 8k damage if you move through the entire duration.

Good damage, but hardly in 'eaten alive' territory, and spread over 9 seconds.

are you whistling dixie the whole time? I burn dps down to a pulp with hammer shot, plasma grenade, hib, and if he doesn't move, mortar volley. on my healer. my healer who does crap dmg. electro net is almost a guaranteed kill on any dps that chases me away from his healer.

In addition to it's many negatives, this change will greatly diminish the effectiveness of electronet. Electronet will no longer be doing it's job if people just break constantly. Haven't seen anyone else bring this one up yet, so what do you all think?

I think it's awesome. We need less stun, I like to move in PvP. PvP should be fun not a frustrating stun fest. BW created this stun based PvP and now they surprised why people leaving the game. I am not gonna pay 180 bucks a year to get perma stunned day and night.

are you whistling dixie the whole time? I burn dps down to a pulp with hammer shot, plasma grenade, hib, and if he doesn't move, mortar volley. on my healer. my healer who does crap dmg. electro net is almost a guaranteed kill on any dps that chases me away from his healer.

Eh?

So when you said that eats people that keep moving alive, what you ACTUALLY meant was that all your other damage eats people alive?

That's like saying the dot on corrosive grenade wrecks people because you can use cull on them.

It's ok damage. I've had it on me enough times to know you can CC break the snare and LOS *easily* without getting 'eaten alive'.

Evasion does not remove the DoT from electronet.

CC breaker gets rid of everything. It's like saying vanish is now weakened because someone can CC break out of your vanish + mind trap and then just die to get CC breaker back up. Whether you can use CC breaker once or 15 times in a WZ, people are going to use them on the most dangerous abilities so the fact a particular ability is targeted just means it's very strong to begin with. Vanish is also devalued as various Vanish combos now is not effective because CC breaker is likely up, so you can't take advantage of the previou ~2 minute window you'd have to do something else after you forced them to CC break.

The problem is when the CC breaker is available for more times than selected ability. CC breaker is obviously more powerful than stuns, because it breaks them. The reason its CD was so long is so that only sometimes would you be overcoming a stun. The rest of the time, the stuns will work. This change is basically lowering the cooldown for the breaker. If they do so, they should lower the cooldowns of the stuns.

Need an analogy? Imagine if evasion had a ten second CD. Removable effects, ranged, and melee moves would be absolute crap. Right now, they're used to counter specific abilities, and these abilities have a shorter CD than evasion so that you cannot always be avoiding that particular ability. In order to make it so Ambush its useful again, its CD needs to be lower than 10 seconds, so that agents could actually get hit by it. In an average match, you cannot rid yourself of every stun, just as you cannot rid yourself of every ambush. Both the CC breaker change and the above hypothetical Evasion change would greatly reduce the effect of certain abilities.

Edited by Zunayson

learn to bind stealth scan. really. this is not a big deal. there are issues with a fresh breaker on death. this isn't one of them.

I do have stealth scan bound. Mouse button 4, so I can hit it nice and quick. 9 times out of 10 I'll get them out of stealth with it, but there are always those skilled stealthers.

My point was to show you that there are classes that can remove the DoT aswell, since you said classes still couldn't stealth after using their breaker due to the DoT.

As someone else said, yes, the CC break reset upon death makes all cc les significant, but Electro Net is the 51 ability for Mercs, and its something that has sort of evened the playing field for Mercs. It's also our ticket into ranked.

hold the line and considerably less ramp up are more valuable than an awesome snare that you can only use every 90s. if you force an opponent to burn his breaker on a snare then he's a sitting duck. the net has done its job. 9/10 is perfectly acceptable for pulling him out of stealth (you've now cost him his breaker AND his combat stealth without even touching his resolve bar). Edited by foxmob

I think you forgot about your knockback with slow, 4sec root, 4sec stun, 8sec mezz and Unload+slow. Oh I forgot about your "no one stop me".