HK-51 is awesome

Kain_Turinbar

I guess that is all I wanted to say really.

The quest series was definitely a pain in the *** (Taris part took FOREVER to find. Got lucky on Hoth and DK) and even forced me to go undercover on the Imp side and get a character to L15. At least being a geared 55 I was able to solo the FPs and easily get those two parts. Of course, at that point in the game it felt like just bragging rights. Companions don't go into OPS or PvP after all.

Then I decided to make an alt (Jedi Sage) and paid to unlock HK right from the start. Pure ******, that's all there is to it. He just wastes everything (30k damage on assassinate?!?! I heard this used to be even more-- 60k?) and makes the game easy mode plus he cracks me up with his twist on doc's motto (I live to seve/I kill to serve) and his combat animations are pretty cool. I was running around flagged on Tattooine (had ran through the den) and an Imp I didn't see jumped me and HK-51 just smoked him. I wonder if assassinate can target players? That would be a way for a lowbie to take out someone much higher than them but would be hard to pull off.

Anyway I'm just glad that something that was pretty hard to do paid off. Completely the opposite of the terrible datacron hunt, macrobinocular, and seeker droid missions. That work was very much worth it.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

I had him hit for 138k on a strong on Oricon :D

And yes, he is my best buddy on my dps merc, no need for heals, everything just dies.

I'm doing this is as well, playing a DPS build with him to just out DPS everything instead of trying to use a tank/healing companion. I haven't played all the classes and seen all of the companions but have read that they are all basically mirrors of each other so IMO HK is by far the best for DPS.

I guess that is all I wanted to say really.

The quest series was definitely a pain in the *** (Taris part took FOREVER to find. Got lucky on Hoth and DK) and even forced me to go undercover on the Imp side and get a character to L15. At least being a geared 55 I was able to solo the FPs and easily get those two parts. Of course, at that point in the game it felt like just bragging rights. Companions don't go into OPS or PvP after all.

Then I decided to make an alt (Jedi Sage) and paid to unlock HK right from the start. Pure ******, that's all there is to it. He just wastes everything (30k damage on assassinate?!?! I heard this used to be even more-- 60k?) and makes the game easy mode plus he cracks me up with his twist on doc's motto (I live to seve/I kill to serve) and his combat animations are pretty cool. I was running around flagged on Tattooine (had ran through the den) and an Imp I didn't see jumped me and HK-51 just smoked him. I wonder if assassinate can target players? That would be a way for a lowbie to take out someone much higher than them but would be hard to pull off.

Anyway I'm just glad that something that was pretty hard to do paid off. Completely the opposite of the terrible datacron hunt, macrobinocular, and seeker droid missions. That work was very much worth it.

I actually just un-locked HK finally this weekend. Had been taking my sweet, sweet time getting it finished but it was so rewarding watching that final cut scene and getting him once and for all. After all that... I have yet to even use him lol. I kept Corso out after getting him and totally forgot about him.

So he's strictly DPS eh? I may have to give him a shot.

Op healer + HK = happiness and bliss. I also leveled a sniper with HK - stopping to heal? What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of HK and I blazing through heroics.

His sound bites, his look, the visuals of his abilities - I love all of it. Now if only we had more customizations, if only...or the ability to dye him. I've got a pink and purple dye I've been sitting on, looking for a reason to use...it's perfect. No one will take him seriously, and while they're busy giggling, he'll fill them full of knives, blaster bolts, and mini-rockets.

Bioware: Let us dye HK and I will give you all my cartel coins forever. (I'd still sacrifice HK for a romance arc with Khem Val, though.)

Edit: Also, the questline for HK was wonderful. I especially loved puttering around on the creepy ship with no markers to show me where to go and having to puzzle things out. I'm -still- missing one of those bonus logs, though... I will find you, one day. One day.

I actually have one character that I stopped that questline on right at that ship. I'll never have HK on that character, just so I can go back to that ship anytime I want. I love it.

Edited by Phorenzyk

I also started my sniper with HK as a companion. Most. Fun. Ever. I have a cybertech, so keeping him geared was never a problem. I love HK. I wish he had more lines, but he never fails to stun me with his unexpected comments. Like Taris. I confess it, his line on Taris scared the hell out of me the first time. I was not expecting that at all.

Also False Emperor HM? How's that possible?

Maelstrom Prison has to be HM, False Emperor can be story mode.

I did it with my Vigilance Guardian in mixed 72/78 gear (vast majority 72s) and my healing companion (doc) In almost all 72s (maybe a third 69s) and fully mainstat augmented.

Do people still do the HK-51 quest line, my highest character is a 47 commando which I have not used in a few months so I have not got to the point when I can run them am I likley to struggle to find a group to do the quests when I finally do reach it?

I try to do that with my main. I've done everything solo upto this point where I only need two parts (from Foundry HM & False Emperor). But I'm not sure about those... Last time I did False Emperor was two years ago so I don't remember about it and haven't done Foundry HM ever. As a tank you kinda need to know your FPs or get votekicked.

Did the first heroic with Juggernaut (Immortal) in mixed 58s and 66s. Used Jaesa in almost full 66s.

Edited by Halinalle

I try to do that with my main. I've done everything solo upto this point where I only need two parts (from Foundry HM & False Emperor). But I'm not sure about those... Last time I did False Emperor was two years ago so I don't remember about it and haven't done Foundry HM ever. As a tank you kinda need to know your FPs or get votekicked.

Did the first heroic with Juggernaut (Immortal) in mixed 58s and 66s. Used Jaesa in almost full 66s.

The False Emperor and Foundry HM don't have a lot of mechanics you have to know about as a tank. If you are comfortable tanking in general, give it a go. I would let the group know at the start though that you aren't familiar with the FP's. Unless they are being total jerks, they'll let you know when you come to anything specific you'll need to know.

Do people still do the HK-51 quest line, my highest character is a 47 commando which I have not used in a few months so I have not got to the point when I can run them am I likley to struggle to find a group to do the quests when I finally do reach it?

Last week, I did stumble upon 3 folks that were doing the HK quest. 1 in pub side and 2 imps on my server. Check out dulfy's guide, write down the possible locations. It certainly helped me in finding the parts in the general area with the exception of Dromand Kaas. Our 3 person group took 90 minutes of scanning to finally stumble upon the piece.

The False Emperor and Foundry HM don't have a lot of mechanics you have to know about as a tank. If you are comfortable tanking in general, give it a go. I would let the group know at the start though that you aren't familiar with the FP's. Unless they are being total jerks, they'll let you know when you come to anything specific you'll need to know.

That's what I'm doing in FPs if haven't done it for a while. It's not a good way to start FP as tank by saying "I've done this over hundred times!" when you meant to say "I've done this once, two years ago.".

I was actually surprised how easy it was to find some of the components solo. Dromund Kaas is probably the most annoying one if you don't have multiple people doing it (I had to scan any possible spot in that area before I found it). Coruscant can be annoying too for same reason.

Tatooine and Hoth were easy ones for me. No Reps in Tatooine looking for fight so it was snoozefest.

Edited by Halinalle