You guys remember?

Reno_Tarshil

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we didn't have sprint at level 1?

Oh man that was so slow, lol.

I also remember running everywhere, even at around lvl 27-28, because I didn't have money for a speeder or license the very first time through, and I hadn't gotten a grip on crafting so money was hard to come by for me. Running the Dune Sea on foot was ghastly lol.

I also remember running everywhere, even at around lvl 27-28, because I didn't have money for a speeder or license the very first time through, and I hadn't gotten a grip on crafting so money was hard to come by for me. Running the Dune Sea on foot was ghastly lol.

Oh man, that's horrifying to hear, I'm glad I had friends who warned me before hand to save up for my speeder.

Oh man, that's horrifying to hear, I'm glad I had friends who warned me before hand to save up for my speeder.

Yup, it was lol. Good advice to anyone brand spanking new, get your license and speeder before anything else lol. The legacy system now though makes it nicer too.

Yup, it was lol. Good advice to anyone brand spanking new, get your license and speeder before anything else lol. The legacy system now though makes it nicer too.
I am currently leveling a character where I, with the exception of collection crystals, won't take advantage of Legacy or alts. With the current economy in the game I won't be able to afford anything so I will have to run all side-quests and gear up through comms. Hence, I really feel for new players because when we, as in the launch people, leveled our first chars it was still possible to afford implants and whatnot at level 21 and so forth.

When we didn't have sprint at level 1?

Oh man that was so slow, lol.

Sprint at level 15? lol. I was so happy to have sprint as I was finishing up the capital planets. I still remember running around Balmorra/Taris, Nar Shaddaa, and the start of Tatooine because I couldn't afford my first speeder training at 25 on multiple toons.

Such good memories from when Swtor just launched :)

I always remember picking my adv. class for the first time as a guardian and not seeing the 'Guardian' skills tab in the trainer interface and went through Coruscant unknowingly without any guardian abilties, and never saw the tab - had the same problem with Sage and deleting him because I though he was bugged and couldn't get Disturbance, it looked so awesome! :o

There's also the kitbags that makes new Sentinels cry when they can't find their first offhand-saber, always love seeing that in general to this day.

There was always the dilemna for me at 25 picking between the Rendili Watchman and Czerka Patroller speeders, anyone else? :D

The Social Badge mission, always a good trigger for nostalgia for some reason, along with Black Talon + Dromund Kaas

Such good memories from when Swtor just launched :)

I always remember picking my adv. class for the first time as a guardian and not seeing the 'Guardian' skills tab in the trainer interface and went through Coruscant unknowingly without any guardian abilties, and never saw the tab - had the same problem with Sage and deleting him because I though he was bugged and couldn't get Disturbance, it looked so awesome! :o

There's also the kitbags that makes new Sentinels cry when they can't find their first offhand-saber, always love seeing that in general to this day.

There was always the dilemna for me at 25 picking between the Rendili Watchman and Czerka Patroller speeders, anyone else? :D

The Social Badge mission, always a good trigger for nostalgia for some reason, along with Black Talon + Dromund Kaas

To this day I always make shure to have the social badge mission :p

As for the speeders, I went with whatever was Red and had the green part on the front end.

I remember that sprint seemed so special when I finally got it! And got my speeder just in time for Tatooine . . . I love how cheap speeder training and speeders in general are now. :D

And of course, rushing to finish Act I on my first character to unlock my Legacy. Despite having absolutely no idea what it was for yet. :p

You should have read the guides floating around. I read up a little without any story spoilers and saved up money for the speeder. I literally didn't buy any thing off the gtm. On the bright side, if you were leveling a powertech or pub side equivalent class and is female the sprint animation is horrible. It seems normal to me the way the character moves, but on my powertech the sprint animation is so awkward for female characters or any character with 1 handed pistol. It's like they forgot to test the animation when you speed it up.

Edited by Knockerz

You should have read the guides floating around. I read up a little without any story spoilers and saved up money for the speeder. I literally didn't buy any thing off the gtm. On the bright side, if you were leveling a powertech or pub side equivalent class and is female the sprint animation is horrible. It seems normal to me the way the character moves, but on my powertech the sprint animation is so awkward for female characters or any character with 1 handed pistol. It's like they forgot to test the animation when you speed it up.

I did eventually read up on the guides, but the very first time through, I was just more interested in playing and learning the ropes on my own. With each toon it became easier and easier. But trying to make decent money crafting then, was difficult...or I didn't have the knack for it. Needless to say, I'm much better at it now, and money is no issue.

This was me, and a lot of people, hitting Tat without enough for the speeder, though I got mine before the dune sea, about mid way through the planet, was still very tough.

I remember there was a warning, at around level 20, a pop up saying to save for the speeder.

That was about the time I worked out the mats were worth far more than the items they made and I dropped crafting from that char and my 2 others and just had 3 collecting skills, made 10 million in a couple of weeks and never looked back. :)

I'm not a long-time veteran like all of you guys. But I joined this game as an F2Per a year ago.

I remember when my Knight ran the Tython Heroic for the first time. It was the first group mission I ever ran, and the guys were always outrunning me by a huge margin. Then I ran Esseles, and all 3 of the guys were subs. The FP degenerated into them waiting for me to get my butt there, then they we kill a boss, then we wait for me to get my butt there, and so on.

After I got Sprint I dreaded ever disabling it or going through that whole experience. When I rolled my second char, that was my entire motivation to make that first $5 purchase of Cartel Coins, so that I could get a level 1 Sprint.

Ah, the good old days, my first day was February 15, 2012. So, that was two years ago yesterday. Wow. Can't believe it. What I do remember is my first Jedi Knight. First of all was combat itself. I was a hopeless clicker; I did not start using the keyboard for at least several months afterwards. Didn't have sprint, obviously, so I ran super slow but I didn't know better. At the Heroic 2 on Tython, I did not realize "Heroic" meant group quest, and I actually asked in this forum why it was so hard. I also skipped quite a few quests, not realizing how important levels vs. quest level was.

I'd say I miss 'the good old days'.. but hell.. it was worse than F2P is now, those guys don't know how lucky they have it in comparison, yeah they have some restrictions still but the option to buy unlocks.

Dec 13th 2011 was my first official day *after BETA's) No sprint until level 10-15, no mounts allowed on fleet or in space ports, no unify colour or hide head piece etc etc, unable to mod anything that wasn't orange and it was hard as hell to get mods, even crafting them, the list goes on lol

The good ol' days was about 6 months ago. I started F2p and survived for about 2 months. Things that make me cringe now thinking about it..

-planning my week around those 5 warzones and getting mad that 2-3 of them were halfway over when I finally got to join in.

-having to ''slow trot'' until level 15 and having to jog everywhere until level 25 (shudders)

*always being "that guy" that runs too slow in flashpoints

*limited revive probes :rolleyes:

-having to wear that brown colored starter trooper helmet before I had unify colors with sub...seriously, was that helmet dipped in dookie/chocolate?

-saving most of my quest rewards or green drops ..just in case.. (my bank was a hoarder's wet dream)

-having to use +2 endurance crystals until my early 20's cause I couldn't afford anything (first character/f2p)

The story is what kept me around and I learned a lot by trial and error. On my second and third toon as pref, I ran black talon until level 15. I actually got better by soloing it around level 12. That final jedi was tough until I figured out how to pillar hump her...takes almost 10 minutes to kill her because she can kill you in about 4-5 hits.

I'll miss this game when I leave.