Reviving is a Pain in the Neck!

Celcionna

I don't know about you but having to wait 5 seconds....then 30 seconds....than 2 minutes and the WOAH "I have to wait 10 minutes?!" to get a medical probe droid when you're out in the boonies and some crazy elite robot kills you. And don't kid yourself; no one wants to go back to the medcenter and have to fight their way back to the place where they died, alright? I think the producers should do something, if anything, about the wait time if they can.

If you're hitting the 10 min res timer a lot then there are two obvious things going on here.

A. you are taking on more than you and your companion can handle at your level.

B. Need to rethink how you are going about doing that particular area and go about it a different way.

Use stealth if you have it. CC the stronger mobs if you can. Take down the weaker mobs first cause they die fast but hit just as hard as the elites. Check your rotation and use your buffs, AOE's and DOT's/. Most importantly make sure that you and your companion are fully geared up.

I don't know about you but having to wait 5 seconds....then 30 seconds....than 2 minutes and the WOAH "I have to wait 10 minutes?!" to get a medical probe droid when you're out in the boonies and some crazy elite robot kills you. And don't kid yourself; no one wants to go back to the medcenter and have to fight their way back to the place where they died, alright? I think the producers should do something, if anything, about the wait time if they can.

You don't have to wait, you can use the med center or QQ on the forums while your timer ticks.

Wasn't a thread just like this closed and redirected about 30 seconds ago?

if there was that would make it 3, and that more or less leads me to believe people saw the one below and decided to make another thread for some reason, because i don't think i have seen someone complain about the death system so far.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=355256&page=8

My wife complains about this very thing and when I am being an idiot, I laugh. (Which leads to a fight, that I lose because, well, I'm an idiot for sticking my head in the lions mouth).

You are doing something wrong if you ever hit the ten minute timer. 1. You probably need to repair, which does lower your stats and armor, which is what is making you die faster. 2. You need to look at your combat tactics because most mobs in this game should NOT kill you if you play correctly.

And by correctly I do not mean run in and mash buttons until you die.

1. Stuns

2. Interrupts

3. Knockbacks

4. Crowd Control

Every class has at least two of these abilities.

My wife went emo about not being able to kill a gold on her Inquisitor. So I watched her next attempt. She died, and the gold had about 1/3 of his health left.

I explained to her, what she was doing wrong.

She didn't believe me so I showed her. I used Interrupts, Crowd Control, killed weakest to hardest, healed, and let my companion do their job.

The gold died and I had 90 percent health.

She said to me, "How did you do that, I didn't even know I had those abilities. How was I supposed to know?"

I said, "You can read, I just assumed." And yes, I slept on the couch.

Change your tactics, the rez timers are there to keep people from corpse running to objectives.

Death penalties here are next to nothing. I don't see the problem, if you can't kill the mob(s) change tactics, go add another level and come back or ask someone to help you.

I've yet to hit the 10 minute rez timer, in fac this is the 1st MMO I've played that allows me to self rez on the spot. In all the others I've played it was respawn on a spawn point or have a healer rezyou AND you had at least 3 minutes with movement and stat penalties due to being rezzed.

This game makes you wait a little and then gives you stealth to move to a better position to try again...

This is it huh? This is the best thing you could come up with to complain about?

Im going to paint a picture, about a man. The man has never had a hard time with the revival cool down in his entirety of playing this game, until he did that one quest and had to fight those hard mobs around that one corner. Now instead of getting better gear, or griding a level or two he came to the forums and compained. Do you know of this story OP, because the man is YOU.

HA, I remember when you could un-level if you died enough in MMO's and 10 minutes is too much for some people? If you got to the 10 minute timer you're in too rough a spot for your level / ability.

Yeah, kids these days have it so easy.

I remember I had a period of about 2 weeks in FFXI where my net gain in Burning Circles was -2 levels on my White Mage. That was one hell of a painful death penalty.

in some mmo, you can lose a level if you die ;)

I think the timer is a good idea in general, though it does ramp up a little fast. Penalizing people for dying in MMOs is generally a bad idea. It really prohibits the designers from challenging the player, as anything you cant beat in one or two attempts forces the player to kill trash over and over again. Its not fun. I wish it would slowly ramp up to a minute and stay there. Enough to give you time to think about what you are doing and act as a good inconvenience, but not force you to go home. They should scale down repair costs for the same reason.

You have options to mitigate this you know.

1) die less often so you never see a timer more then 5 seconds

2) you can revive at a medic and reset the timer if for whatever reason you stacked multiple deaths in a short period of time (never had this happen personally).

3) be more careful around elites. Elites can be soloed by every class+companion if you approach them intelligently and you initiate the combat (rather then the elite). If you get ganked by one, then you were not situaltionally aware of your surroundings, but getting ganked twice by the same elite is just silly.

Edited by Andryah

Life is hard.

Man, the corpse runs we old-timers had to deal with :rolleyes:

Edited by xGBox

I agree...it should be made longer or just have it if you use the med shuttle 3x you automatically go to the nearest med center as your only option on your next death.

I heard that back in the day ancient games would make you corpse run to revive or even send you back to town without the option of reviving on the spot. Such an archaic design was abolished because it was OH SO aggravating.

Oh wait.