request [ Chapter ] Forbidden Knowledge ( extra role-play options for KOTET story )

banimoka

- i dislike that in spite of having options to cease the conflict between you and the new empress of zakuul nothing really changes in the story of KOTET

- you discover a rumor about something happening on a Zakuulan Battleship in deep space

- Characters : on arrival u find the " Horizon Guard " fighting a squad of soldiers ( this is an opportunity to introduce forgotten companions like : Lord Scourge / Jessa... E.T.C )

- Plot : Vaylin's Horizon Guard have stolen Tenebrae's Holocron ( the one still housing Vaylin & Tenebrae from the last fight ) and are on route to a secret base.

- Conflict : Here u find out they have Vaylin's body and are planning to return her spirit using a force ritual.

- Solution : Accessing the holocron you meet Vaylin . At the end of dialogue she will offer to assist you in exchange for completing the ritual of essence transfer . Final dialogue will have multiple outcomes .

* Light Side -> convince her to remember her childhood ( restore her spirit )

* Dark Side choice -> let her follow her passion and emotions ( restore her spirit )

* Neutral choice -> destroy Vaylin's body and Holocron

Rewards :

* Vaylin - sith sorcerer - caster companion ( Light Side choice - less psychotic Dialogues )

* Vaylin - sith warrior - melee companion ( Dark Side choice )

Extras :

Cartel Market Item :

* Companion Customization Vaylin ( blonde & blue eyes , similar to the one in the trailer )

* Armor : Ventilated Wicked Huntress

- i dislike that in spite of having options to cease the conflict between you and the new empress of zakuul nothing really changes in the story of KOTET

- you discover a rumor about something happening on a Zakuulan Battleship in deep space

- Characters : on arrival u find the " Horizon Guard " fighting a squad of soldiers ( this is an opportunity to introduce forgotten companions like : Lord Scourge / Jessa... E.T.C )

- Plot : Vaylin's Horizon Guard have stolen Tenebrae's Holocron ( the one still housing Vaylin & Tenebrae from the last fight ) and are on route to a secret base.

- Conflict : Here u find out they have Vaylin's body and are planning to return her spirit using a force ritual.

- Solution : Accessing the holocron you meet Vaylin . At the end of dialogue she will offer to assist you in exchange for completing the ritual of essence transfer . Final dialogue will have multiple outcomes .

* Dark Side choice -> let her follow her passion and emotions ( restore her spirit )

Rewards :

* Vaylin - sith sorcerer - caster companion ( Light Side choice - less psychotic Dialogues )

Extras :

Cartel Market Item :

* Companion Customization Vaylin ( blonde & blue eyes , similar to the one in the trailer )

When I first watched the trailer of Vaylin as a little girl with her mother, I thought it was going to be her that we would redeem not Arcann. Nice twist Bioware put on the story. I think it would have been good to put options in the game to pick either one to redeem. As soon as Vaylin became Empress she just became more evil and crazy than she already was in KOFTE.

• 4 weeks later...
As soon as Vaylin became Empress she just became more evil and crazy

- that's the problem the whole story is locked into " here is the villain " - " battle villian " - " win "

- it would have been much interesting to have this form :

---

• be hostile to Vaylin during the story --> at the end she will NOT help in any way --> you will fight your own battles

• be diplomatic to Vaylin during the story --> at the end of the Vaylin / Arcann would stay on Zakull's throne and the other will join as a companion

- i'm going to pick abit on Bioware's ego and say that they should have made a more dynamic story , where the choices REALLY matter , they have the knowledge and inspiration to make the story great , but they kinda took the easy way out

- with the occasion of the next Iokath chapters , all voice actors will come back to the recording studio , maybe there is a chance to record some voice lines for a chapter like this

- i'm going to pick abit on Bioware's ego and say that they should have made a more dynamic story , where the choices REALLY matter , they have the knowledge and inspiration to make the story great , but they kinda took the easy way out

Given the whining on the forums about the fact that any choices matter at all, I think that making them *really* important would have been a really, really bad idea. (They don't matter much, but they aren't entirely without consequence, and people complain endlessly about that.)

Rewards :

Extras :

Cartel Market Item :

I had thought of something like this, but my idea was more along the lines of Palpatine in the former EU. Basically, Vaylin's spirit would inhabit the body of a clone of herself. Her actual body wouldn't be usable at this point.

But they bring characters back to life all the time in Star Wars, so I'm sure they could figure something out if they wanted to.

Rewards :

Extras :

Cartel Market Item :

Looooooooool what a troll! Stop posting that nonsense, please, no one cares no one wants to see it.

• 3 weeks later...

Rewards :

Extras :

Cartel Market Item :

Awesome idea. Beats this Iokath plot we're going through right now.

Wait ... I'm Emperor/Empress ...shouldn't the Knights/Horizon Guard be loyal to me now?! :eek:

Wait ... I'm Emperor/Empress ...shouldn't the Knights/Horizon Guard be loyal to me now?! :eek:

No. They were loyal to the Eternal Emperor (or Empress, duh, but I'm not going to repeat this part) - see Chapter XII - and (by extension) the Eternal Empire. Of Zakuul.

The player is the Emperor of the Eternal Alliance, not the Eternal Emperor (of Zakuul).

Or it's a plot hole. Take your pick.

Given the whining on the forums about the fact that any choices matter at all, I think that making them *really* important would have been a really, really bad idea. (They don't matter much, but they aren't entirely without consequence, and people complain endlessly about that.)

And they in fact tried making choices *really" important back in beta: being able to kill companions. If for some reason you did not want a given companion, you were permitted to kill, dismiss, never take on in the first place, etc. The problem was that choice was permanent and players realized "oh s*** I've gimped myself" and complained vigorously, until BW removed the ability to remove companions.

They have since gone back to that...somewhat; you can kill/not accept companions but not one's that are *really important* i.e. Lana and Theron. The flaw in the design is that once a companion can be dismissed/killed the assumption (in the plot/story) is that they are dismissed/killed and so after that point they are no longer part of the story...even if they are still alive/part of your team. In your scenario with the current mentality in place, sure you could have vaylin as a companion but she would not be part of the story anymore regardless; she would just be another companion skin.

As SteveTheCynic implies, having choices that *really matter* can and probably would be as complaint generating as having choices not matter at all. It is a balancing act.

Edited by psandak

No. They were loyal to the Eternal Emperor (or Empress, duh, but I'm not going to repeat this part) - see Chapter XII - and (by extension) the Eternal Empire. Of Zakuul.

The player is the Emperor of the Eternal Alliance, not the Eternal Emperor (of Zakuul).

Or it's a plot hole. Take your pick.

Either we stole their armour or they defected to the Alliance ... just realised there's some in the Alliance base on Iokath along with some gold sky troopers.

• 2 months later...
I had thought of something like this, but my idea was more along the lines of Palpatine in the former EU. Basically, Vaylin's spirit would inhabit the body of a clone of herself. Her actual body wouldn't be usable at this point.

- well the body only has a lightsaber wound , thru advanced medical care it could be revived

- and Valkorion absorbed power when Vaylin died NOT her entity

Edited by banimoka

- well the body only has a lightsaber wound , thru advanced medical care it could be revived

- and Valkorion absorbed power when Vaylin died NOT her entity

In her defence, she did just unlock her full potential, so I could buy her surviving the blow, after all, we did when Arcann stabbed us.

Are you sure on the second point? seemed like he took it all.

There is another thread in the suggestion box that was made with this idea in mind.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=932548

• 4 weeks later...