The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

DweezillKagemand

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nerf everything then? pyro pts, rage mara, rage jugg, bubble sorcs, op heals, and now nerf sin tanks? *** man...

buff mercs/commandos and leave everything else alone.

I guess you play Assassin? Considering you have pretty much every tool in the game aside from a charge.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

lol yes, they have too much armor/self heals, nerf them til they have 0 armor and no self heals, then it will be balanced.:rolleyes:

I was refering to the fact that it does a lot more damage than the other 2 tank specs, without sacrificing much. Stop going to extremes, it helps nothing.

You're going to have to elaborate a little more than that. What exactly do you think is overpowered about tank shadow, and what spec are you talking about? 23/1/17? 27/0/14? 31/0/10?

23/1/17. As stated above, I think it does too much damage, especially for a tank and sacrifices very little, aside Harnessed Darkness. They still have amazing survivability. Would I would like to see changed is tying more into Lightning Charge, for example the 50% Thrash Critical bonus. I don't even want to talk about Duplicity. It should definitely be higher up in the Deception tree.

It's already been nerfed. It's fine where it is, also those Shadows you see pushing more numbers than the other tank specs with this spec? Yea, they're wearing DPS gear. The other tank specs are generally going to wear tank gear and thus do less damage.

Guess what? 0/27/14 has more survivability and does more damage. Just no pull, and no out of stealth spike. In surging charge. Popping blackout gives you 25% Damage reduction and you can spec for 6% damage reduction in the tree after crits. So you can be running with 31% Damage reduction in the fray. Thats better than the armor from dark charge...

I MURDER tank assassins/shadows in my (waka's)0/27/14 spec. Not to mention Hybrid tank assassins are using a focus or gen and not a sheild. AND not to mention that tanks dont mitigate that much damage in pvp.

They JUST had a nerf to their armor rating and self heals. It was to nerf harnessed darkness in 31/0/10 or 31/1/9.

The hybrid shadow/assassin spec 23/1/17 HAS NO harnessed darkness and the only heal they get is the 2% for death field.

L2P issue.

They most certainly do not need a nerf.

Guess what? 0/27/14 has more survivability and does more damage. Just no pull, and no out of stealth spike. In surging charge. Popping blackout gives you 25% Damage reduction and you can spec for 6% damage reduction in the tree after crits. So you can be running with 31% Damage reduction in the fray. Thats better than the armor from dark charge...

I MURDER tank assassins/shadows in my (waka's)0/27/14 spec. Not to mention Hybrid tank assassins are using a focus or gen and not a sheild. AND not to mention that tanks dont mitigate that much damage in pvp.

They JUST had a nerf to their armor rating and self heals. It was to nerf harnessed darkness in 31/0/10 or 31/1/9.

The hybrid shadow/assassin spec 23/1/17 HAS NO harnessed darkness and the only heal they get is the 2% for death field.

L2P issue.

Oh? You just tried to verify a spec by saying yours is more overpowered?

Oh and you really put the cherry ontop by using L2P.

/next.

I was refering to the fact that it does a lot more damage than the other 2 tank specs, without sacrificing much. Stop going to extremes, it helps nothing.

Thing is... Sentinels/Marauders have slightly more survivability than a shadow in 23/1/17 spec, and more damage capability as well. The only things that 23/1/17 spec has the advantage in when compared to a sentinel is they are slightly better in 1v1s, and they have more utility than sentinels do.

Any good team is going to have a 23/1/17 shadow either guard their node, or try to delay/1v1 the enemy at their node rather than deathmatching with the other dps. Do you know why? Other damage classes are better in a group setting. Sentinel is better in a group fight while still having more survivability and damage. I'd suggest to nerf them first.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

Thing is... Sentinels/Marauders have slightly more survivability than a shadow in 23/1/17 spec, and more damage capability as well. The only things that 23/1/17 spec has the advantage in when compared to a sentinel is they are slightly better in 1v1s, and they have more utility than sentinels do.

Any good team is going to have a 23/1/17 shadow either guard their node, or try to delay/1v1 the enemy at their node rather than deathmatching with the other dps. Do you know why? Other damage classes are better in a group setting. Sentinel is better in a group fight while still having more survivability and damage. I'd suggest to nerf them first.

You can't defend a class by saying another is more overpowered. It just doesn't work.

L2P issue.

More survivability? Please delete your assassin. You are not worthy of having one.

You can't defend a class by saying another is more overpowered. It just doesn't work.

If you say so, you're crying to nerf shadows when there are more important classes and things that need nerfed first. Smash/bubble stun to be precise. There isn't really anything overpowered about 23/1/17. The strength of 23/1/17 lies in utility and 1v1 ability, not in pure damage or survivability. Any pure dps or pure tank class can do that a lot better.

Well I dont think Im a very good player, I click and keyboard turn and packpeddle and I dont seem to have a problem fighting the 23/1/17 spec. Thats all Im saying. And Yeah, if my spec is MORE overpowered why nerf 23/1/17?

So not L2P sorry, L2fight 23/1/17 shadow/assassins... :D

Also why nerf a weaker spec if there is a better one? There are much better targets to nerf than hybrid assassins.

Not trying to talk smack just dont think they need nerfing. I find them not that strong...

Commandos and mercs need buff. Leave everything else for now.

Edit: and YEAH lol 0/27/14 has MORE survivability. But you have to be using blackout on cooldown and specced for the 6% dr too. A dark charge gives you more armor but, total DAMAGE REDUCTION is better than armor mitigation. Play what ya'll want.

Edited by Smuglebunny

Please please, nerf everyone.

We just need a basic attack button. That's it, just 1 skill, everyone is the same.

Please make all gear the same tier, given to everyone when they start.

Please start everyone at level 50.

If you say so, you're crying to nerf shadows when there are more important classes and things that need nerfed first. Smash/bubble stun to be precise. There isn't really anything overpowered about 23/1/17. The strength of 23/1/17 lies in utility and 1v1 ability, not in pure damage or survivability. Any pure dps or pure tank class can do that a lot better.

You do know you can change multiple things in 1 patch right? Just because Smash is overpowered, doesn't mean other classes should be overlooked.

Lol, if you're guarding someone in 23/1/17, you better hope they are a really good healer. If that person is getting focused, you are going to drop fast, trust me. Your survivability is a lot less than it would be in 31/0/10 or 22/17/2 or 27/0/14 with full tank gear on.

True, your damage is higher than other tanks, but 23/1/17 is more on the dps side than it is tank. Like I said, if you guard someone in that spec, chances are your hp is going to drop fast. All this while having less damage output than pure dps classes. This is pretty much the essence of 23/1/17. Jack of all trades, master of none. It is as the name suggests, hybrid. There is nothing wrong with it.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

Yes you can. If specs and classes exsist that are stronger then by definition the weaker spec/class cant be OP.

Example:

I think Gunnery commandos are OP and need a nerf now. But wait, there are better stronger specs/classes. So Im wrong. Its not OP and they dont need a nerf. See how that works?

Yes you can. If specs and classes exsist that are stronger then by definition the weaker spec/class cant be OP.

Example:

I think Gunnery commandos are OP and need a nerf now. But wait, there are better stronger specs/classes. So Im wrong. Its not OP and they dont need a nerf. See how that works?

That's like saying, it's ok that I stole that stuff, because that other guy stole more. So you're both in the wrong, you both get treated accordingly, in this case balancing. Why does everyone think a nerf is the complete destruction of the class. Nerfs come in minor variations as well.