Smartest Person in SW Universe Ever

Pietrastor

Wisdom: Yoda.
I would call Yoda the wisest, I mean some of his advice leads much to be desired, and his traditionalist approach makes him somewhat narrow minded. I would replace wisest with Kreia (obviously :D) and make most knowledgeable Yoda. But that depends what knowledge of is. Edited by Beniboybling

Smartest?

Manipulator and Deceiver: Sidious.

Strategist and tactician: Thrawn.

Wisdom: Yoda.

Knowledge: ??? wouldn't be able to pick.

Agreed.

Pure knowledge? Would probably be the last keeper of the archives, forgot her name, but she would have had the largest amount of galaxy wide knowledge.

Excluding the fact that she did not know Kamino existed. Dumb ******.

Yoda might be traditional, but for very good reason, all his warnings in the saga were utterly correct, the only things he failed to understand were covered up by the greatest mastermind the Sith ever saw, very few occasions has he actually been foolish in any way.

Yoda might be traditional, but for very good reason, all his warnings in the saga were utterly correct, the only things he failed to understand were covered up by the greatest mastermind the Sith ever saw, very few occasions has he actually been foolish in any way.
Well take a look at this, it is mainly comical, but there are some nuggets of truth hidden in there.

I think the main problem is Yoda's advice isn't very practical, at all.

Everything he says is right, those are basic Jedi qualities that for a thousand years worked, only what? around 8 or 9 Jedi ever went Dark Side the entire time and at one point there were 15,000 of them, all light side, his positives FAR outweighed his negatives.

Everything he says is right, those are basic Jedi qualities that for a thousand years worked, only what? around 8 or 9 Jedi ever went Dark Side the entire time and at one point there were 15,000 of them, all light side, his positives FAR outweighed his negatives.
Well of course, but really all he was doing was reciting the Jedi Code, which wasn't any help to Anakin at all.

Well of course, but really all he was doing was reciting the Jedi Code, which wasn't any help to Anakin at all.

It kinda was, just that Anakin chose to ignore it. If he had followed Yoda's advice, Padme would still be alive and he would still be a Jedi.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

But the point is he didn't, and I feel that is where Yoda failed.

Anakin listening to Palpatine is somehow Yoda's failure? Yoda (and other Jedi) has a habit of allowing others to make their own decisions. He allowed Dooku to leave the Jedi Order because it was his time to go (stated in Jedi vs. Sith).

Would you have expected Yoda to force Anakin to listen to him? That would only make it worse.

Anakin listening to Palpatine is somehow Yoda's failure? Yoda (and other Jedi) has a habit of allowing others to make their own decisions. He allowed Dooku to leave the Jedi Order because it was his time to go (stated in Jedi vs. Sith).

Would you have expected Yoda to force Anakin to listen to him? That would only make it worse.

Well in part, yes. Anakin is aware of the Jedi Code, Yoda reciting it to him is not going to be of any help. And in that sense he failed. Perhaps if the Jedi Code was not so black and white it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I don't really think I can give points to Yoda for knowing the Jedi Code, which let's face it leaves much to be desired.

Well in part, yes. Anakin is aware of the Jedi Code, Yoda reciting it to him is not going to be of any help. And in that sense he failed. Perhaps if the Jedi Code was not so black and white it wouldn't have happened in the first place.

I don't really think I can give points to Yoda for knowing the Jedi Code, which let's face it leaves much to be desired.

I still don't see how Anakin falling for Palpatine's manipulations is Yoda's fault.

Yoda told Anakin to 'train himself to let go of everything he fears to lose.' If Anakin had listened to Yoda, then Padme would still be alive, and Palpatine would have been defeated. I don't see how Yoda was wrong.

I still don't see how Anakin falling for Palpatine's manipulations is Yoda's fault.

Yoda told Anakin to 'train himself to let go of everything he fears to lose.' If Anakin had listened to Yoda, then Padme would still be alive, and Palpatine would have been defeated. I don't see how Yoda was wrong.

He wasn't wrong, but it was bad advice. If someone was suffering from depression and I told them to just get over it, that doesn't make it good advice, even if by following it their problem would be solved. There was no chance that Anakin was going to just stop loving Padme. Yoda didn't know that? Well I'd say killing a whole tribe of Tusken Raiders after the death of his mother would imply Anakin was pretty susceptible to making attachments.

Really the best advice Yoda could have given Anakin was to remind him that the 'always in motion is the future' and that acting on premonitions that may or may not come to pass is not advisable. Rather than telling him to turn his heart to ice and dance on Padme's grave when she died - which he clearly was not prepared to do.

Edited by Beniboybling

Really the best advice Yoda could have given Anakin was to remind him that the 'always in motion is the future' and that acting on premonitions that may or may not come to pass is not advisable. Rather than telling him to turn his heart to ice and dance on Padme's grave when she died - which he clearly was not prepared to do.

Clearly you are exaggerating, because Yoda did not say that he should dance on her grave. Nor did he say that Anakin should turn his heart to ice. If you read Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, then you know that Yoda would never say that.

However, judging from ESB, Yoda does learn from his 'mistake,' and tells Luke that the vision isn't guaranteed. But the thing is, would saying that to Anakin have worked? It didn't work on Luke, why would it work on someone more 'emotionally vulnerable?'

Clearly you are exaggerating, because Yoda did not say that he should dance on her grave. Nor did he say that Anakin should turn his heart to ice. If you read Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, then you know that Yoda would never say that.

However, judging from ESB, Yoda does learn from his 'mistake,' and tells Luke that the vision isn't guaranteed. But the thing is, would saying that to Anakin have worked? It didn't work on Luke, why would it work on someone more 'emotionally vulnerable?'

Dance on her grave: "Death is a natural part of life, rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not."

Heart to ice: "Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

OK, so I exaggerated a little. :D

However, imagine telling that to someone whose loved one is going to die from a terminal illness. Think that would make things better? No, it effectively amount to telling a person to get over the depression. Though yes his words were a lot wiser in ESB. And no, it may not have worked, but it would have been much much better advice.

Dance on her grave: "Death is a natural part of life, rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not."

Heart to ice: "Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

OK, so I exaggerated a little. :D

However, imagine telling that to someone whose loved one is going to die from a terminal illness. Think that would make things better? No, it effectively amount to telling a person to get over the depression. Though yes his words were a lot wiser in ESB. And no, it may not have worked, but it would have been much much better advice.

Yes, you exaggerated. Like the Jedi Code, Yoda's words are not meant to be taken literally. It takes a deep understanding of Jedi philosophy to understand these things.

I dont think Anakin should factor in being the most knowledgable tbh.

1. Yoda was against him comming into the jedi order. because he was to old.

(as a child he grew attached to people. If you raise children from a certain age they wont "love" their mother as much etc. This emotonal development is what pushing him over the edge.)

Most knowledgable id say vitatie. Guy was able to become a god.