Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best way to use bonus exp weekend?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Best way to use bonus exp weekend?

Kulyok
06.30.2014 , 01:45 AM | #11
In my experience, flashpoints, heroics and anything involving waiting for other people WILL slow you down. I played Ilum flashpoints during one of the last bonus weekends and was surprised and dismayed by how little I gained. (I admit I never tried KDY in these weekends. But I remember it as a horrible grind, so I'm just avoiding it.)

I think Makeb quests have the best XP gains - these are awesome, up to 123000xp for one completed quest with an XP boost active, and each quest bonus gives you a hefty deal, too. Class quests give you great XP, too. With monsters, there's no change, since as a sub, you're probably operating on rested XP anyway.

Czerka runs are good, too - they're faster than BH/Section X, they can be easily run in Makeb gear on level 53+, and the XP gain is significant.

If you're not Legacy Level 50 yet and you really want it, I would recommend to avoid playing with level 55 chars and level 35-- chars, because Legacy XP gains depend on quest XP very much, and best quest XP is on level 40 and beyond.

Also, starting new characters will be painful if you're planning to do planetary quests on the starter planets(first three), because you'll get overlevelled way too fast.

That's just my experience, though.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh

Adric_the_Red
06.30.2014 , 05:11 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
whenever you log off do so with your character in a rest spot if at all reasonable to do so. Quick travel recharges while logged out, so it's not a big deal to use it to get back to a rest spot, then use it again to return to wherever you were before.
Assuming that you can gain rested XP bonuses, anyway. If you want to make it as fast as possible, every extra bit counts.
This will not help during double xp week(ends). Rested xp is turned off during double xp, because it's essentially a double xp bonus for kills already. And it's completely off - you don't use it when you kill stuff, but you don't gain any in a rest zone or while logged out, either. So don't waste time backracking to rest zones before you log out, it will only slow you down.
"Your deaths are useless if they do not inform". -- The Shroud
My referral link. Click for free stuff.

JacksonMo
07.02.2014 , 03:19 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ElevenBfour View Post
Hey folks, I'm not a new player but thought this might be a good "new player" topic. I have a Jugg (55) Shadow (53) PT (53), Assn (50) and VG (52) . I have a few others in the 30's, but my goal is to complete a Smuggler, Agent or JK next since I have yet to play through their stories.

So to my question, what is the best way to level up during the bonus exp weekends by getting to see the stories quests, but by minimally completing any side quests? I really want to finish the thre classes I have yet to really experience, but I'm about sick of the questing.
Pick up a few Major Exp boosts (3 hours) and unlock the flashpoint and class quest legacy xp perks if possible.
Then que up for KDY tactical. They're simple and straight forward enough that all but the most clueless to do successfully. (most noteworthy failures I've seen are shadows who kick mobs off ledges in the prison scenario agroing the entire room, causing a wipe)

KDY ques are much faster than traditional FP's because you don't have to wait for a tank or healer to que up.
Then just do your class quests in between.

I've been leveling 2 troopers this way and haven't touched planet quests at all. The only drawback is your gear is a little harder to get because of fewer planetary comms. I have crafters for that though, so it wasn't a serious problem.

Kulyok
07.02.2014 , 04:27 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JacksonMo View Post
Pick up a few Major Exp boosts (3 hours) and unlock the flashpoint and class quest legacy xp perks if possible.
Then que up for KDY tactical.
Just a small note: yellow Major Exp boosts are quite expensive on the GTN(45k normally, 90k now on my server, 'cause of the double XP), so it might make more sense to buy grey Flashpoint XP boosts, especially since you're running KDY(which is a flashpoint anyway). These are cheap enough(4-4.5k normally), and always available on GTN.

There are major XP boosts packs(5 yellow ones) on the Cartel Market for 270cc now, but I wouldn't waste Cartel Coins on these.
Free subscription for 7 days, extra inventory tab and more through Friends of SWTOR program, my link: http://www.swtor.com/r/kvLxZh