Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zero reason to play gsf - need "ground" incentive and LEGACY based requisition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Zero reason to play gsf - need "ground" incentive and LEGACY based requisition

Alec_Fortescue
04.23.2018 , 05:37 AM | #1
Stop charging CC for easier leveling up. It's tedious enough. Nobody wants to play GSF for many reasons. It's too grindy and there is absolutely no reward for doing it. ;l

Toraak
04.23.2018 , 09:26 AM | #2
Sorry, but it really isn't much of a grind to get your ships maxed out now. They've cut the req needed in half from what it was. You should easily be able to max out a ship within 2 weeks of steady play (should be far shorter then that to be honest).

Shouldn't need to use any CC's to get your ships mastered at all.

2) As for the Legacy req, there is a vendor on Fleet (outer ring in the GTN section) that converts Fleet comms to either Ship req (do this), or Fleet req (don't do that), as a Legacy grant you can ship from one character to another. 350 Fleet comms lets you get a Major Ship Requisition token that is LEGACY bound, so you can then mail it to the character you want to upgrade.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

catsi
04.23.2018 , 12:06 PM | #3
Theres no reason to spend a single CC on GSF at all. Ive got one character at near max lvl from nothing but GSF, and I have 4 characters at max 248 full gear doing only gsf and some base pve content.

GSF is also still one of the best money makers in the game and one of the easiest exp makers as well
Ana Tathis 70 JK, Serraphin 70 COM/VG, Naashasa 70 Sage, Calliann, 70 GS, Kae'ra 70JK, Phyera 70 Sage
Rhea-hawk 70 PT, Gaa'ra 70 Mara, Fio'on 70 AS/Sorc , Mirri'elle 70 OP, Narayssa 70 Jug

ThutmoseV
04.24.2018 , 09:23 AM | #4
GSF provides xp for leveling characters, and command points and unassembled components for lvl 70 characters. When the unassembled components became bound to legacy they became especially useful. Command crates and unassembled components from GSF have greatly aided me in gearing several characters for raiding. GSF has also occasionally been useful in Conquest.
The Shadowlands
Erannov Vanguard GSF veteran
Sundaro Sage

Alec_Fortescue
04.27.2018 , 11:50 AM | #5
The grind is there and it's ridiculously long. After 3 days of queing gsf for as long as i possibly could my ship still sucked and was nowhere near completion. This is a joke and pure p2w unless you're up for an extremely tedious grind.

I decided to spend 2k cc on requisition transfer from my grants and suddenly my ship is capable of quickly eliminating people and weapons actually deal damage and myself having much easier times ending up in top 3.

This is WRONG. Requisition transfer should have been a credit sink if anything.

People don't play and enjoy GSF as much because a massive advantage is locked behind a paywall or unreasonable grind and what's worst - it's character and not legacy based.

Toraak
04.27.2018 , 01:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
The grind is there and it's ridiculously long. After 3 days of queing gsf for as long as i possibly could my ship still sucked and was nowhere near completion. This is a joke and pure p2w unless you're up for an extremely tedious grind.

I decided to spend 2k cc on requisition transfer from my grants and suddenly my ship is capable of quickly eliminating people and weapons actually deal damage and myself having much easier times ending up in top 3.

This is WRONG. Requisition transfer should have been a credit sink if anything.

People don't play and enjoy GSF as much because a massive advantage is locked behind a paywall or unreasonable grind and what's worst - it's character and not legacy based.
If your using CC's your doing it wrong.
1) use fleet comms to convert for Legacy bound: Major Ship Requisition grants. 350 fleet comms for 4k req per ship
2) if you find the queu's to long, you can always get fleet comms from the terrible PvE rail shooter to help speed up the GSF grind.
3) It used to take 150k+ to max out a ship. Last year about this time they cut all req needed per upgrade in half. This is not a heavy grind.Pick up your dailies every day, do your weekly, and if you haven't done Intro to conquest that will also give out grants to upgrade your ships.

It should only take a few matches for your ships to be semi effective. Maybe 40-50 matches at most to be close to being mastered (which can be done in about a week). 1 week to grind a ship isn't bad (+ dailies/weeklies give req for every ship so make sure to get those every day).

The big thing is to Upgrade wisely on what order your doing your upgrades to make you effective at the beginning.

Also something to know, if your trying to get req to master ships. The more medals you get during a match, the more Ship req you get. So parking in a bomber won't get you a lot of medals, so won't give you much req per match. Another words, you need to do damage, get assists, kills, capture Objectives (when in Dominations), Defender points (in Dominations), kill Turrets (in Dominations) etc.

Edit: Most people should easily get 700-1000 Ship req per match (if the daily bonus is already used).

Alec_Fortescue
04.27.2018 , 02:21 PM | #7
dude, fleet comms from one daily and weekly in negligable amounts. And who would play on rail space in 2018?

Toraak
04.27.2018 , 05:28 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
dude, fleet comms from one daily and weekly in negligable amounts. And who would play on rail space in 2018?
well consider this. you do 1 daily on multiple characters, say 5 per day, and in a week you'll be able to get 5 Legacy bound Major Ship req grants for the one character you really want to work on. And honestly if I wanted to farm those legacy bound ship req grants, I'd go back and do those old PvE rail shooters anyway.

Back in the day getting 100 fleet comms per day was nothing at all. It's all a matter of how badly you want to speed up the leveling of the ship. MMO's are all about putting in the effort, i've given you options, and you laugh at it. This tells me you don't really want to work for it, you just want to complain about it.

My point being regardless if your bothering with the Legacy grants or not Gearing up the ships is nothing. If you consider that a grind then perhaps you do not understand how it used to be. Leveling your ships now is absolutely nothing compared to what it was at this point last year. (and this is coming from someone who leveled up multiple alts on several servers back then).

Alec_Fortescue
04.28.2018 , 05:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
well consider this. you do 1 daily on multiple characters, say 5 per day, and in a week you'll be able to get 5 Legacy bound Major Ship req grants for the one character you really want to work on. And honestly if I wanted to farm those legacy bound ship req grants, I'd go back and do those old PvE rail shooters anyway.

Back in the day getting 100 fleet comms per day was nothing at all. It's all a matter of how badly you want to speed up the leveling of the ship. MMO's are all about putting in the effort, i've given you options, and you laugh at it. This tells me you don't really want to work for it, you just want to complain about it.

My point being regardless if your bothering with the Legacy grants or not Gearing up the ships is nothing. If you consider that a grind then perhaps you do not understand how it used to be. Leveling your ships now is absolutely nothing compared to what it was at this point last year. (and this is coming from someone who leveled up multiple alts on several servers back then).
No, i am not going to consider this. You literally tell me to play unenjoyable matches as a punching bag that can't kill anything because it has no unlocks. That's literally throwing matches for the sake of participation rewards. That's trolling.

Toraak
04.28.2018 , 09:24 AM | #10
1st of all. this sounds like a L2P issue. Many people can do well in stock ships, so with minimal or no upgrades they can be effective. I know most of the time I can pull respectable numbers in a ship that has no upgrades. I'm not saying it's easy, you need to realize your not upgraded and fly far less aggressively, and be more evasive, but you can be very useful to your team. flying near a sat defending getting damage/kills/assists makes you very useful in Domination matches. In TDM's you'll need to be careful and know who is near you, and fly evasively. If you get 3-5 kills, and die 1-2 times with 20k+ damage (which is not hard to do in a ship with ZERO upgrades) your useful to your team.

If you don't like the options I've given you, then fine, however flying 40-50 matches at 700-1000 ship req per match, + dailies/weeklies picked up is not a grind at all. getting a ship mastered in 1-2 weeks is simply easy.

Edit: you should really start being more effective after 3-4 matches at most anyway.