Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Joysticks

EhiLightingrider
01.19.2018 , 05:39 PM | #1
Could they fix it so we could fly with a joystick rather then mouse and keyboard only. my son saw me using the joystick in Star Wars Galaxy's and bought me a new one thinking i could use it in the game, but its not allowed. id like to play the galactic star fights, but my hand eye coronation is bad and i am just a easy target for other pilots. so i thaught id post a request asking if they could update the game and allow us to use joysticks.

Verain
01.19.2018 , 05:58 PM | #2
This won't happen.

Read more in this 2015 thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=786349

And this 2017 thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=926753
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

Ianir
01.19.2018 , 06:32 PM | #3
fair warning: i looked at some of the responses to the 2017 thread and i don't think i'll ever be able to recover those brain cells i lost
Ianir-srw
Ianir's GSF Youtube Channel
SRW Website
(SRW is recruiting pilots of all skill levels)

Verain
01.19.2018 , 07:08 PM | #4
Yea no, this a rough topic. Like hitting your head against a wall but without the upsides.
"The most despicable person on the GSF forum."

phalczen
01.20.2018 , 03:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
Yea no, this a rough topic. Like hitting your head against a wall but without the upsides.
Maybe it means more people are trying out GSF?
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

djmurloc
01.23.2018 , 11:12 PM | #6
I'd really like joystick support. spent years flying in SWG with joy, would like that here as well.
Kellers Void/ The Lev beta tester
Panda hater.

DakhathKilrathi
01.24.2018 , 09:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by djmurloc View Post
I'd really like joystick support. spent years flying in SWG with joy, would like that here as well.
did you

maybe

i dunno

read any of this thread?

Quote: Originally Posted by Verain View Post
This won't happen.

Read more in this 2015 thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=786349

And this 2017 thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=926753

Lendul
01.26.2018 , 07:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by djmurloc View Post
Question: When you say you want to play with a joystick does that mean you want to have an advantage over keyboard & mouse players?

phalczen
01.26.2018 , 08:31 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lendul View Post
Question: When you say you want to play with a joystick does that mean you want to have an advantage over keyboard & mouse players?
Lendul, if you have a Saitek X52pro profile that is somewhere between marginally effective and not completely teh suxxorz I'd love to see it. I tried for a long time during GSF beta and could never make it work. Mostly mapping the throttle to the W/S/X keys. The reticle control I knew would always be an issue, for all the reasons that have been discussed at length ad nauseum in the threads everyone has linked.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

FlavivsAetivs
01.26.2018 , 09:56 PM | #10
You can make GSF work with an Xbox controller (my friend Chenoah did) but you don't get aim assist and there's a number of other issues like with the control scheme not being gimballed that will keep keyboard/mouse players superior over you.
A.K.A. Magister Militum Flavius Aetius
Eudoxia Eudoxya
Umbra
Jedi Covenant