Add a "Skip all story" option

sylorien

Seriously, I don't care about lore. Don't make me hit the space bar and press "1" and hundred times. Just make it all into a checkbox. I don't want to see a single second of a cut scene ever again and I don't care about the dialog selections except that they match my force alignment. It's all just an extremely repeatative distraction that I don't want to deal with.

He who hasn't hit the spacebar may cast the first stone.

Seriously, no modern video game is about the cut scenes. Cut scenes are the ******** that you watch for a couple hours when you first buy the game, and then you stop watching and skip past all of them.

This isn't the game for you sorry.

The best part of this game is not the pvp, not the pve, but the backround and storytelling. If you don't like the story aspect of this game at all, believe me when I say you'll enjoy playing WoW or another MMO much more.

When you define 'serious gamer" as someone who doesn't watch the cut scenes, it will of course be impossible to find a serious gamer who actually watches them.

Being "serious" has nothing whatsoever to do with watching the cut scenes, listening to the dialogue, carefully weighing your selections and bringing your character to life.

I'm not against having an option to skip it.. but saying that folks who actually care about the lore and story arent' "serious gamers" is just rubbish.

Trolled by a girl. sadface

Seriously, if you want cutscenes rent a dvd. As an MMO player you might do these quests dozens of times, you shouldn't give a crap. And you should also be smart enough to know that you shouldn't give a crap.

I'm not against having an option to skip it.. but saying that folks who actually care about the lore and story arent' "serious gamers" is just rubbish.

Sigh. No its not. A serious gamer would never say that either.

Look, just stop hitting the reply button if this is your first ever MMO. No one plays video games for the cut scenes, ever. The cut scenes are ******** and annoying.

Sigh. No its not. A serious gamer would never say that either.

Look, just stop hitting the reply button if this is your first ever MMO. No one plays video games for the cut scenes, ever. The cut scenes are ******** and annoying.

A serious gamer wouldn't troll the forums because he would be playing the game (seriously).

Less QQ more pew pew.

It is true that SERIOUS GAMERS! loathe all cutscenes. That's the reason legendary game companies Rockstar and Square are currently bankrupt after such commercial failures as L.A. Noire and Final Fantasy XIII. One time I heard about this crazy little Canadian company that actually tried to make a shooter, and they blew like millions on throwing in a dialogue and morality system from some old RPG they made. I heard that people freakin' hated that.

It is true that SERIOUS GAMERS! loathe all cutscenes. That's the reason legendary game companies Rockstar and Square are currently bankrupt after such commercial failures as L.A. Noire and Final Fantasy XIII. One time I heard about this crazy little Canadian company that actually tried to make a shooter, and they blew like millions on throwing in a dialogue and morality system from some old RPG they made. I heard that people freakin' hated that.

Thanks. Exactly. Bankrupted them cause no one cared and no one wanted to pay for it.

If you want to make a DVD, make a DVD. Or go bankrupt.

Thanks. Exactly. Bankrupted them cause no one cared and no one wanted to pay for it.

If you want to make a DVD, make a DVD. Or go bankrupt.

That was sarcasm dude. He´s talking about BioWare / Valve / Square Enix and some of the most successfull titles of all times.

What he ment is that a real gamer envies a good story.

You know, the powergamers at mmos or the ESport-Nerds are not real gamers, they are just something that splitted from the real community.

It is true that SERIOUS GAMERS! loathe all cutscenes. That's the reason legendary game companies Rockstar and Square are currently bankrupt after such commercial failures as L.A. Noire and Final Fantasy XIII.

Or perhaps there's a certain dearth of actual serious gamers in the modern video game market. People who prefer short-term cheap thrills to immersing one's self in any form of entertainment requiring anything more than 15 minutes seem to have flooded the system in the last couple of years.

I'd be willing to say that such companies are experiencing problems because there isn't enough serious gamers these days.

EDIT: Then I reread your post and realized you were being sarcastic. Bravo, you did good.

Edited by Varangian

Pretty much every gamer over 16 with a decent grade of education...

... doesn't play a video game to watch the cut scenes.

(fixed)

Seriously, the cut scenes are like a hundred hours of ******** to delay your levelling, and most of it is exactly the same no matter what class you play - and no matter what selections you make in the dialogs. Push 1 2 or 3, you'll see the same cut scene. If you don't know that, go ahead and watch it again. Eat popcorn. Then turn off the game and do something else, because you aren't a video gamer.

... doesn't play a video game to watch the cut scenes.

(fixed)

Seriously, the cut scenes are like a hundred hours of ******** to delay your levelling, and most of it is exactly the same no matter what class you play - and no matter what selections you make in the dialogs. Push 1 2 or 3, you'll see the same cut scene. If you don't know that, go ahead and watch it again. Eat popcorn. Then turn off the game and do something else, because you aren't a video gamer.

I can't say I agree with you, if "serious" gamers didn't like story, everything would be pong. no story, nothing, just gameplay, pretty dull, it would get boring, people play video games to enjoy themselves and have fun, and tha 99% of the gaming community speaks out to side with story, surprised? Let us look at the Final Fantasy franchise, one of the most successful series of all time, as with Mass Effect, Gears of War, Battlefield, Call of Duty, any star wars game out there, and Dragon Age. Almost EVERY SINGLE GAME contains story, not all them are good, but the point stands. So if "serious" gamers don't like story, none of us would have an xbox, we'd all be playing pong on our computers or Tetris on our gameboys.

TL;DR: Gamers love story and the gaming market/business profits prove it, your argument is invalid.

By "serious" I mean non-*******.

By "real" you mean... what?

Look, I don't care. No one cares. Video gamers worldwide call it LoLore. You want to take that seriously, go ahead. Pay your $100 upfront and $15 a month to watch a hundred hours of cut scenes, then rewatch them 2 or 3 more times. It's your dime. Call it a game if you want to. None of us will.