PvP destroyed what is left of this game.

Jayshames

PvE in this game is the most dull PvE I've ever played in an MMO.

Sure every MMO consists of doing dungeons/raids whatever to get the best gear. Though, there's usually other things that branch off from that to kill time. This game has nothing even remotely close to end-game I've seen in other MMO's.

That leaves PvP. I'm not going to lie, I've been a fan of SWTOR PvP for a while, though it's been getting worse after each update. 2.0 recently hit and it's by far the worst PvP update I've been here for yet. TTK is stupidly low, and PvP basically runs on stuns/roots/mezz. Again, every other MMO I've played, their stuns last about 2 seconds and have a long cooldown. They are meant to be to help you at a pinch. Though for some reason the devs seem to think that we each need multiple stuns/roots and even some mezz for each and every fight.

I've been growing less and less amused by PvP and I just can't take it any longer. I think the devs forget that the PvP community make up a huge proportion of their player base, but they just don't seem to give a damn.

Been playing for many months now, majority of the time with 2 accounts subscribed. Also payed for plenty of Cartel Coins and many hours on the phone to CS. If I'm getting no enjoyment out of the game and my money (and everyone elses) doesn't seem to be doing much then I think it's time to move on.

I'll play until my subscription runs out, and hopefully by then I've found something more enjoyable to play.

Please, sort PvP out.

Anyways, rant over. Flame or whatever as you please.

Was expected, which also sadly takes any humor out of your post.

I'll probably have to edit my post to add in the part about this game also being full of the dumbest/worst players I've ever met. You're "troll" (more of an attempt to be funny) post would only help me get that point across.

You stick with SWTOR. One less bad I can avoid in other MMO's :D

EDIT: This may also help you; http://hubby7.hubpages.com/hub/selfempowermentE1

Edited by Jayshames

I thought it was funny.

But all joking aside, OP is right (although for the wrong reasons). Bioware, you really did manage to screw up pvp royally with 2.0.

What has outdoor exercise got to do with this game being ruined by a crap dev team?

It's not funny in the slightest. The only thing even remotely funny here is how low these "trolls" IQ are.

Edited by Jayshames

I saw less and less pvp players in wz and more and more pve-s in wz. Pre 2.0 game was funny and had a little balance just little but had. But now...i hope something change for a better side. If not i leave like most of pvp players. Its sad. But i dont whant pay money for nothing.

Half of my old guild are leave...just dont whant play this **** what they said.

Edited by helpmewin

Sure every MMO consists of doing dungeons/raids whatever to get the best gear. Though, there's usually other things that branch off from that to kill time. This game has nothing even remotely close to end-game I've seen in other MMO's.

That leaves PvP. I'm not going to lie, I've been a fan of SWTOR PvP for a while, though it's been getting worse after each update. 2.0 recently hit and it's by far the worst PvP update I've been here for yet. TTK is stupidly low, and PvP basically runs on stuns/roots/mezz. Again, every other MMO I've played, their stuns last about 2 seconds and have a long cooldown. They are meant to be to help you at a pinch. Though for some reason the devs seem to think that we each need multiple stuns/roots and even some mezz for each and every fight.

I've been growing less and less amused by PvP and I just can't take it any longer. I think the devs forget that the PvP community make up a huge proportion of their player base, but they just don't seem to give a damn.

Been playing for many months now, majority of the time with 2 accounts subscribed. Also payed for plenty of Cartel Coins and many hours on the phone to CS. If I'm getting no enjoyment out of the game and my money (and everyone elses) doesn't seem to be doing much then I think it's time to move on.

I'll play until my subscription runs out, and hopefully by then I've found something more enjoyable to play.

Please, sort PvP out.

This is my problem with you post. Yes, there is a lot of problems with pvp right now, however you didn't even mention the things 2.0 broke. All you did was talk about how much time you spent, and how there are a lot of stuns in the game, but then tell us how much you enjoyed the game up till 2.0. So you are telling my you were able to tolerate all of the CCs up till 2.0, and for some reason you can no longer? 2.0 has problems, but stuns and CCs is at least one thing 2.0 didn't break. You might not like all of the CCs, but I actually do. The only time you see a lot of CC is when are focused fired, and lets be honest, if you are being focused fired by 4-6 other people you aren't meant to survive that encounter anyway.

Edited by Tycoon

Please, sort PvP out.

I really like this game, and normally I'd be inclined to rip you a new one, but I'm inclined to agree. PVP is a little out of control right now. Healing is waaaaaaaaaay op. I've seen healers get focus fired by 4 guys and stay up. That's insane. Roots and stuns are ridiculous. Many of them don't break on dmg and they last for 3-6 seconds. I'm pretty geared, almost have my full pvp set at 55 and I'm continuously pulling my hair out right now because I'll have guys stun me and even with my cooldowns popped 2/3 of my hp will be gone before I come out of the stun. It gets worse when you have some classes that have 2-3 stuns that do this. As a melee class I get eaten for breakfast, it's very frustrating and not fun. Before Hutt Cartel I did decent. I wasn't the best but I was consistently in the top 5. Now I can't contend.

I really like this game, and normally I'd be inclined to rip you a new one, but I'm inclined to agree. PVP is a little out of control right now. Healing is waaaaaaaaaay op. I've seen healers get focus fired by 4 guys and stay up. That's insane. Roots and stuns are ridiculous. Many of them don't break on dmg and they last for 3-6 seconds. I'm pretty geared, almost have my full pvp set at 55 and I'm continuously pulling my hair out right now because I'll have guys stun me and even with my cooldowns popped 2/3 of my hp will be gone before I come out of the stun. It gets worse when you have some classes that have 2-3 stuns that do this. As a melee class I get eaten for breakfast, it's very frustrating and not fun. Before Hutt Cartel I did decent. I wasn't the best but I was consistently in the top 5. Now I can't contend.

Go see the healer complaint thread. There is no way a healer being focus fired on by four guys is staying up on his/her own (other than for a short time, depending on the long cd defense power). If you actually saw this happening, there was probably a tank guarding him and/or another healer helping out, if the four players actually were focus firing on him as you say.

Had a really resilient healer in some WZs tonight and it was because he was paired with another healer and tank. Once you started hitting both healers, it got a lot easier, though it was still a challenge (and it should have been).

Oh, and I wish I could get a Tank or even DPS to back up my healer when he's being trashed like that... hardly ever happens unless I'm with my guild. A healer can hold out in a 1 vs 1 or a 1 vs 2 (for a bit, or retreat), but 4... yeah. Not so much if the players are semi-competent.

What relay bathers me, that with each update the PvP gets more and more dumb, every time i think OK this is it, it can not get any more retarded, it does. BW keeps adding more stun, heal, bubble each time. Perfectly clear they try to increase survivability to make even the worst PvP-ers happy. "No bad is too bad for SWTOR PvP, we make you win!" must be their slogan.

Gonna play devil's advocate here, I asked a bunch of friends how was WoW's endgame content after the first year and most of em agreed it had waaay less endgame content after the first year mark than swtor.

I want em to remove bolster and throw in 20k per wz and I can deal.

This is my problem with you post. Yes, there is a lot of problems with pvp right now, however you didn't even mention the things 2.0 broke. All you did was talk about how much time you spent, and how there are a lot of stuns in the game, but then tell us how much you enjoyed the game up till 2.0. So you are telling my you were able to tolerate all of the CCs up till 2.0, and for some reason you can no longer? 2.0 has problems, but stuns and CCs is at least one thing 2.0 didn't break. You might not like all of the CCs, but I actually do. The only time you see a lot of CC is when are focused fired, and lets be honest, if you are being focused fired by 4-6 other people you aren't meant to survive that encounter anyway.

Yes, I could tolerate it actually. Sure the stuns were still there, but TTK was fine. Now that TTK is like 1/4 of what it was, combine that with the constant stuns and you don't even get a chance to do anything with many fights. It's just dull and boring.

So what is this awesome MMO you are comparing this game to?

My post was comparing to other MMO's, not just one.

Define irony. A grammatically incorrect sentence that accuses others of having a low IQ.

Another one bites the dust.

I have stooped my Swtor pay to play. I have all the new2.0 gear I went from 19000 life to 30000 life and I have all new all lvl 55 gear and all lvl 55 augments. i die in under 5 seconds, i just had a sith choke 20000 life out if me before I could fire a single shot. Gunslinger gone quit. Alos all the defense guards at every base int he game are only lvl 50. So any lvl 55 can rule any base in the game I tested this by attacking Imperial bases with my lvl 55. Their is no defense against it and so for 3 days I have been trying to lvl a 24 Scoundrel and can not because the base is camped by a sith lvl 55 the same one all day. i just uninstalled the game and I an stopping all game play.

I have played the game for over 10 months and have spent money on cartel coins and upgrades and whatever. You suck Bioware