Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! GIVE US LEGACY DATACRONS!

I just hit 50 on my 16th toon, and i can't begin to explain the dread I feel when I think about all the time I'm gonna spend getting the datacrons for them. I have got all of them on my main(pub) and am working on getting all of them on a sith character atm. Thats all I should have to do. Once you have gotten all of them on one toon, you should have the option to unlock them on another toon. Charge me credits, charge me cartel coins. I don't care, just please spare me the tedium of datacron hunting 14 more times...i beg you. :jawa_mad:

And how about some legacy maps while you're at it? :rak_wink:

I just hit 50 on my 16th toon, and i can't begin to explain the dread I feel when I think about all the time I'm gonna spend getting the datacrons for them.

Your problem is that you're not getting them as you go when you walk past them while leveling. When you're leveling is when you should be getting them cuz a) you can actually *use* the XP gain (worthless at 55) and b) the stats gains mean a lot more as you level than they do at 55.

If you leave them all until the end then you're doing it way wrong since almost every class/planet mission takes you to within 30s of most Datacrons.

Here's a quote from myself from my most recent post in one of the other threads:

How many times must Musco say that Legacy Datacrons will NOT be happening since it would require completely re-designing them from the ground up before you guys "get it"? He said it directly to me last week at the Vancouver Cantina Tour to add to the many times he's said it before. I was able to look him in the eye, shake his hand, and when I said "Please don't ever do them" he looked very happy and said "Don't worry, we won't."

There's no point to this discussion any longer. Calling each other names and passive-aggressive nonsense can just stop. Reasons and ideas FOR Legacy Datacrons aren't going to sway any developers into doing what would be necessary to get them done. All the two sides of this battle seem to do is upset each other.

It's time to just let it go and find something else to do.

Finally, for your next 16 toons, I hope you can take my advice and play smarter by getting them as you go, you'll be much happier and less-stressed.

As for Legacy maps, I agree with that.

Edited by PetFish

datacrons are reason enough for me to not level up another toon, whats the point of being able to level up with pvp when i still have to go to each planet and grab all the crons, sigh. ive done it so many times before, i just dont want to anymore.

please, make it a legacy level 50 unlock.

There's a quote in post #805 that has some solid information you should check out that will clarify why they'll never happen.

And if that weren't enough reasons to know it will never happen, the simple fact of this topic's age should be enough of an indication that if it didn't happen by now, it will not ever, and that bit about Eric just takes a load off, There's enough routine in the game already to lose out on one of the more fun aspects.

One thing that has become clear, the cause for all of these "Gimme everything on start of new toons once I got a 55" is a direct result of the Achievements being legacy wide. IMO that's the biggest flaw in this... it should never have been like that...it's just ludicrous having a fresh character start out with half or more of all achievements already completed. It's this that causes this "What am I doing this for?" feeling.

Edited by LeJarC

Your problem is that you're not getting them as you go when you walk past them while leveling. When you're leveling is when you should be getting them cuz a) you can actually *use* the XP gain (worthless at 55) and b) the stats gains mean a lot more as you level than they do at 55.

If you leave them all until the end then you're doing it way wrong since almost every class/planet mission takes you to within 30s of most Datacrons.

Here's a quote from myself from my most recent post in one of the other threads:

Finally, for your next 16 toons, I hope you can take my advice and play smarter by getting them as you go, you'll be much happier and less-stressed.

As for Legacy maps, I agree with that.

Well for one, I leveled almost all my toons via pvp. Also, there are advantages to going back at 50ish to retrieve the datacrons. Mainly your ability to avoid and or quickly clear trash. Though there are some datacrons that still take a long time, because you have to wait for them. The balloon on tat, some on nar shaddaa and corellia, etc. The bottom line is that the amount of time it takes to get them is ****** after the first few times, and the idea that it would take a "complete redesign" is just a lazy, unimaginative dev imo. All they would have to do is add some quick travel points next to the datacrons and make it a legacy unlock to use those quick travels. They did it easily enough for the outlaws den, home world, starship, etc. You might claim that it didn't take much time because you did them as you leveled, but I assure you that you would have leveled faster if you had waited and gone back for them. As for your agreement on the legacy maps, we are basically talking about the exact same thing. Spending the time to do something that you have already done on another toon that could/should be sped up by your legacy.

As for your agreement on the legacy maps, we are basically talking about the exact same thing.

Here we go again. We are *not* talking about the exact same thing. Not even close.

I've been involved in all these threads about Legacy Datacrons and if you also have been you'd know that showing a map on your iPad or storing one in your Legacy computer to allow the rest of your Legacy to use is *not* the same as a permanent stat boost gained from each Datacron. I can find a map file to share, heck, I can even draw a map on a piece of paper and snail-mail it to all my characters. A Datacron is like a stim or a health pack where once it's used, it's used. I don't eat a sandwich and then have the rest of my Legacy not be hungry anymore either. I can't give myself +4 Endurance but then send a copy of that +4 Endurance to all my characters either. I can tell people all about this neat thing I found but if they want it they have to go get it themselves.

And it *is* quicker to get them as you go. Cuz what you're saying is, you won't take 30s to walk down a path to pick one up, but you'll take the time later on to come back for it factoring in travel from fleet, taxis, speeders, etc. Does that *really* make sense?

Lore items are the same as Datacrons but without a permanent stat boost yet I never see anyone here demanding they be made Legacy-wide. It's cuz they have no stat boost. If you want a permanent stat boost then go get it and stop throwing tantrums here demanding they make them Legacy, especially since they've said they aren't doing them.

Spending the time to do something that you have already done on another toon that could/should be sped up by your legacy.

Again with this tired old hypocritical argument. Why is this acceptable to you but it's not ok for me to do Oricon dailies on one character and have all my other characters receive all the credits/items/XP/etc? I spent time doing something once, right?

So, people have been told straight up, point blank, many times that Legacy Datacrons will never happen so now the next step is just to go ahead and insult the developers cuz they aren't giving you what you want. Brilliant move, let us know how that works out for you.

I swear, the amount of time people waste here begging and crying and being hostile they could have gotten all the Datacrons on each character.

EDIT: Before I forget, how come when the developers don't cater to your laziness by doing what you demand it's ok for you to call the developers "lazy", but when the pro-Legacy Datacron people get called "lazy" by the anti-Datacron people they freak out and call the anti-Legacy Datacron people "elitist" and to "get off their high-horses"?

Edited by PetFish

Petfish, your little story isn't really going to convince anybody. If it's not printed here in yellow Bioware text then your conversation with a developer might as well be a made up fabrication. I actually kind of hope for your sake that it is made up - I don't like to believe there are people so petty as to use an opportunity like meeting a developer for a game they love in order to campaign against a harmless quality of life improvement. In fact your story makes me think less of Musco as you describe his glee at denying a much-requested feature, so I choose to think it's a lie instead.

I do not appreciate you personally attacking me and my integrity.

Edited by PetFish

Surely they could interrogate this in the Galactic Strongholds?

Imagine a datacron vault inside your Galactic Stronghold could be made with all your unlocked datacrons.

Should be pretty easy..?

Add identical copies (same item ID) of them inside the Stronghold, and they should be un-interactable just like the if you've already collected.

Alts would be able to easily collect 'em, and it would make sense with the Galactic Stronghold being your treasure cave and all.

Surely they could interrogate this in the Galactic Strongholds?

Imagine a datacron vault inside your Galactic Stronghold could be made with all your unlocked datacrons.

Should be pretty easy..?

Add identical copies (same item ID) of them inside the Stronghold, and they should be un-interactable just like the if you've already collected.

Alts would be able to easily collect 'em, and it would make sense with the Galactic Stronghold being your treasure cave and all.

They could just leave them where you found them and LEFT them and your alts can go find them if they want those stat bonuses.

I know that I've NEVER picked up a datacron. I've activated them and then just left them where I found them. If I never picked up any datacrons, what is there to put in a "datacron vault"?

I really doubt that the galactic stronghold and legacy storage is intended to be an "I already did this once, so I should just have to go to my stronghold with my alts in order for them to reap the rewards I earned ONLY on my main" kind of thing.

Datacron codexes being legacy wide I will support 100%. The stat bonuses should, IMO, remain in the "have to be earned per character" category.

• 1 month later...

Just came back after nearly a year off.

Glad to see they are finally making a legacy bank and glad about housing (more for others I could take it or leave it but I know it's a popular idea for many).

Sad to see that something this simple still isn't in game.

Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I still dream of you legacy datacrons!

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I have wanted something like this for a long time. I have 12 toons and at least 2 of them have all the datacrons. One for each faction. I feel that once you have completed the planet mission that you would get the credit from the datacrons on that planet.

I'd be for this, but it should require some work.

EX: Once one character unlocks them, the first set [korriban/hutta/DK?] should be unlocked to all

Once two characters unlock them, the second set [nar shaddaa/taris/balmorra/tatooine/alderran] should be unlocked to all

And so on and so forth. I mean, the idea of legacy is passing on your knowledge and wealth to your legacy. Shouldn't the knowledge of the datacrons be passed on as well?

/signed

I can barely bring myself to collect the +10 datacrons anymore & only if I'm planning on doing some ranked with that toon. It was fun the 1st time I collected them, but afterwards it's just a boring, time-consuming, occasionaly very frustrating chore. Would be nice if once you got them all, every character across your legacy would get the minor stat boost from them (they all get to display the legacy title, why not the xtra stats :D plz).

It was fun the 1st time I collected them, but afterwards it's just a boring, time-consuming, occasionaly very frustrating chore.

I always find it funny that this is the main argument for a lot of people yet they continue to run the same dailies and missions and warzones on multiple characters 24/7.

I have 20 characters so if I do <X> Flashpoint then all my characters should get the commendations and rewards, right? Oh, that's crazy and I'm crazy for suggesting it, right?

If you can't spend a few minutes walking down a path to get the vast majority of the Datacrons then that's your choice and you need to deal with it instead of trying to force the game to change to deal with you.

TIPS:

• Get them as you level, not once you're at max level. You need the stats more as you level and you also get experience and even exploration experience that is useless once you're at max level.
  • Just get the ones you need (main stat, endurance, presence) and leave the others.
  • Do it with friends, or look me up and I'll help you out. I'll even jump and climb and pull you.
  • Don't be upset that 8 of them are frustrating to get when the other 60 are brain-dead simple. Think positively about how much you get for little effort instead of how little you get for a lot of effort.

I always find it funny that this is the main argument for a lot of people yet they continue to run the same dailies and missions and warzones on multiple characters 24/7.

I have 20 characters so if I do <X> Flashpoint then all my characters should get the commendations and rewards, right? Oh, that's crazy and I'm crazy for suggesting it, right?

Apples to Oranges comparison. Dailies are something meant to be repeated over and over. Datacrons are one-time unlocks. This thread is suggesting making a legacy option to share this onetime unlock across all characters on your account.

Nice try though.

Apples to Oranges comparison. Dailies are something meant to be repeated over and over. Datacrons are one-time unlocks. This thread is suggesting making a legacy option to share this onetime unlock across all characters on your account.

Nice try though.

The comparison is spot on. Both situations would reward all characters for something that ONLY ONE character did.

Dailies were designed to be able to be completed multiple times by each character.

Datacrons are only one time unlocks PER CHARACTER, not per account or legacy. Datacrons were designed to be able to be completed multiple across multiple characters.

If you want those stat bonuses, then all you need to do is to put forth the minimal time and effort required to "find" the datacrons on those characters you wish to receive those bonuses.

Of course, some people find it more appealing to expect others to cater to their "aversion to effort".

/signed

I can barely bring myself to collect the +10 datacrons anymore & only if I'm planning on doing some ranked with that toon. It was fun the 1st time I collected them, but afterwards it's just a boring, time-consuming, occasionaly very frustrating chore. Would be nice if once you got them all, every character across your legacy would get the minor stat boost from them (they all get to display the legacy title, why not the xtra stats :D plz).

If the boost is that minor, then it's no big deal to not have it. If the boost is significant, then it would obviously be worth the time to do it.

This has more to do with "OCD" than stat boosts.

As has been pointed out, the magnitude of the boosts is not really an effective argument for either side - if the boost is minor it doesn't matter whether you get it or don't, and if the boost is significant then it's an annoying time waster that you have to do, but shouldn't be made easier. Basically that argument cuts both ways so it's not a good one.

Still in favor of legacy datacrons. There are still no good arguments against adding a feature which basically only saves time. The requested feature only shares datacrons you would have already gotten - meaning you've proven you can do them - so it's just a matter of time to get them again. That makes the request no different than something like quick travel - a time saving QoL feature.

It isn't free. Everyone who proposes this understands there will be some sort of cost.

It isn't the same as giving out BiS gear for free. Holy hyperbole Batman. Questing for endgame gear is part of the core PvE experience - redoing a jumping puzzle for the 7th time really isn't.

We already have the ability to get an endgame gear piece and share it between all our characters - it's called bound to legacy gear. I can get raiding armor and have all my characters use it. I can't play two characters at once so the fact that two can't have it at the same time is immaterial.

It doesn't have any more to do with entitlement or laziness than asking for speeders to work in spaceports and orbital stations did.

The only vaguely reasonable argument against this is "I don't want it so I don't want the devs wasting time on it." Which is selfish but at least it's a valid argument.