Will we be getting outifitter functionality?

sahrinity

I have a full tank pve and pvp set along with pve and pvp dps sets. It would be nice to just assign outfits with what gear I want in each rather than searching through my bags each time. Is this important to anyone else? Edited by sahrinity
wrong smiley!

Well, I certainly would like it, swapping gear between bosses to either tank or dps as needed takes a few minutes for me each time. Not to mention I miss pieces sometimes inadvertently. It would be nice to just set up the armor set one time and know for sure that I have everything on correctly and be able to do that in a few seconds rather than holding the ops up.

I still think it would be a shame not to use the existing armoring method to pull that off, rather than going a full outfitter system like LotRO or Rift. It would be something interesting to set it apart from the other games, and if done right, it would encourage crafting and the market (issues with the GTN not being connected and the UI for it aside).

I think all things should be socketable, the base 3 for armor (4 for weapons) that you see in a typical orange. My 'starting' gear should be fully socketable. Some of those starting clothes are really cool, and I'd love to look like that forever, quite frankly.

When a crafter makes something, it should have all those sockets, with little mods in them that all add up to the same thing that they used to be able to make that wasn't socketable. Those mods that come with crafted things can be replaced, but not removed (we don't want to make everyone a Cyber-tech). They should still be able to make extra special things that give that cool augment slot, in addition to the other slots.

That's about it. Then let all the armor people (synth and at) make 'all' the things we see on civilians and starting gear and things like Inspiration and Indignation and you know what? I'd make some crafters rich! :)

That's about it.

I thought they were making it so you can rip the armor mods out of any of tionese/columi/rakata gears. Theres your outfitter.

The OP is not talking about an appearance tab. He is talking about a way to switch gear sets (IE: pve to pvp) at the click of a button. And yes it would be a great feature.

Put it in the suggestion forums, or in the Q&A thread. Awful silly to put this thread in General when it is actually a great idea for a suggestion.

Oh, I guess you have a point, I just figured if it was out here and people were in support of it, that maybe the devs are reading these things and would comment.