Free or Flee?

Bwilson

Idk how many other users have read about EA's push to increase profits by making it free to play for users in the future whose benefits allow them to do basically everything except operations with limitations on everything else but still they don't need to pay the 14.99 you do every month. I bet that we as paying players wont have the opt out option of going from pay to play for free but thats how I guess they plan to make more money. Oh and in case you were wondering they are also dropping the price of the game itself by 14.99 guess I bought it too early and paid for it that was a bad idea. If any of you are upset about this I would suggest writing to EA and letting them know that there needs to be greater limitations because if they can go through the whole game up to lvl 50 surprise surprise our max level and just solo the whole thing doing regular missions limited war zones and so on thats absurd. They should get up to level 15 maybe 20 tops and a limited amount of playable free time like other MMO's do it. It a word this sucks ok two words but you get the picture any other thoughts?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57483844-1/star-wars-the-old-republic-adds-free-to-play/

Idk how many other users have read about EA's push to increase profits by making it free to play for users in the future whose benefits allow them to do basically everything except operations with limitations on everything else but still they don't need to pay the 14.99 you do every month.

No, they've indicated that the subscribers will be the only ones getting additional story and levels. F2P will have to purchase this material.

I bet that we as paying players wont have the opt out option of going from pay to play for free but thats how I guess they plan to make more money.

You can, and you will just lose gears / missions / operations / abilities by doing so.

Oh and in case you were wondering they are also dropping the price of the game itself by 14.99 guess I bought it too early and paid for it that was a bad idea.

You can by Mass Effect 2 for $19.99 on Steam. It cost $59.99 when I purchased it. Retail costs of games decrease with time, get over it.

If any of you are upset about this I would suggest writing to EA and letting them know that there needs to be greater limitations because if they can go through the whole game up to lvl 50 surprise surprise our max level and just solo the whole thing doing regular missions limited war zones and so on thats absurd.

You are paying for this product, you have every right to complain. They will probably point out that F2P will not be able to get to the max level (because they are increasing it beyond 50) so you might want to scrap that one.

They should get up to level 15 maybe 20 tops and a limited amount of playable free time like other MMO's do it. It a word this sucks ok two words but you get the picture any other thoughts?

Not sure I disagree with this. I really don't know what to think about F2P but I'm not going to cancel my sub over it just yet.

- Arcada

Nothing changes for you as a subscriber. You are still getting the same unlimited access to the game that you originally purchased.

Not to mention as a subscriber we already get an overwhelming advantage over free to play players. The model of allowing players to still have access to the game regardless if they pay their subscription opens the game up for a lot of people. Also, it allows new players to have reasonable access so they can decide if they want to stay.

There is a lot of benefit to adding new players to the servers for everyone. It means more content, and it means more people to pvp, do flashpoints with, and whatever.

It's almost like you are against something that is a good thing.