Flashpoints: Skippable Bosses.

First, would like to link a forum post from another person that apparently never got the attention he deserved.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537679&highlight=skippable+bosses

Then, since it's an old post I would like a new thread to be made and add my voice to this issue.

By far most of the content in all the different FP's are being passed. As the former poster established very well, Taral V, is the worst, with Battle of Ilum following close behind. So many bosses (And loot.) being bypassed for saving a few minutes.

Being a new player that recently subscribed, I was awed by the amount of skippable content in the "late game" Hard modes. A, from my point of view, solution would be that panels or locks are added and unable to be opened before a certain boss is killed.

I would love to hear others opinion on this subject and - or - other suggestions into a viable compromise that would be an acceptable solution for all.

//Zehn

Edited by Dzehn

this has been a major debate on few threads, u just found one that got ignored. to sum it all up i got call elitest for saying that skipping bosses is just fine and that hard mode bosses that are typically skippable are not worth fighting as a large part of people who do hard mode are only running it for black hole comms and don't need the tionese gear they drop.

the most who reply agree that if want to do whatever boss ask the group and group decides what to do if u ask in start of the flashpoint otherwise the typical hardmode is ment to be a fast run with mobs and bosses skipped if possible.

Story mode is for story, Hard mode is for gear most of which is pointless now so to those who want your "immersion" go do story mode not harang 3 other strangers who just want their comms.

I suppose that's an understandable complaint. Seems like the better solution, then, would just be to have a node where you click on it and after standing quietly beside it for several minutes, the comms are added to your collection automatically. It would save you from all that running around nonsense. Farmville and etc run on a similar model, and are quite successful, so I'm sure you're on to something.

Tionese gear is free now, nearly all bosses in hm flashpoints, not including last boss, only drop tionese. There is no reason to do these bosses since sm is for story and hm is for gear and the only gear those bosses drop is already free, if someone is too lazy to take 1 min to pick up a quest and click on a vendor, then they should be too lazy to take an extra 3 min on each skip able boss.

By far most of the content in all the different FP's are being passed. As the former poster established very well, Taral V, is the worst, with Battle of Ilum following close behind. So many bosses (And loot.) being bypassed for saving a few minutes.

Several minutes times several characters equals half an hour.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against killing flashpoint bosses if someone in the group asks for it but I'm not about to waste time if I have people wearing Rakata and higher. Not skipping conversations is an issue too. As was said earlier, use story mode for story. Hard mode is only a part of your daily grind and you should treat it as such.

Avoid unneccessary mobs, skip bosses you don't have to kill, soft cc everything you can and run past. Show love to stealth classes and their soft cc abilities. :D

Since handing out 99 Tionese comms to all new and existing L50 characters, a lot of the loot from the intermediate bosses in FPs is largely irrelevant. At best it serves to provide gear for companions, at worst it's junk for the vendor. Even the Tionese Crystals are now unecessary, turning in 25 to get a purple item of "not quite as good as the Tionese you got for free" is hardly worth it any more.

Therefore it shouldn't really come as any surprise that most people want to skip as much as possible to the last boss for a chance at a Columi piece - and see anything else as a waste of time.

people skip because they just want their bh comms for the daily. Most people dont need the gear from hm fps anymore since bioware made it so easy to get gear. Battle of Ilum is terribly long if you kill every single boss in there or dont sap skip trash. The difference is up to 30-40 mins. I would personally rather do a quick 10-15 min battle of ilum instead of dragging along a group of rookies for an hour. A week ago this happened and I got kicked from the group after skipping the first 2 bosses...I rejoined queued and got in a fresh group that wanted to skip like me and ended up completing that run before my previous group even got halfway through. In fact that original group ended up in a wipefest that never completed the run after I left. In short only bad players don't want to skip.

In short only bad players don't want to skip.

That kind of made me lol. Don't forget mid bosses can drop exotech gear which in some cases is a little superior to tionese, I wore exotech medics legs until I was able to get the columi. I've had some groups where people could really really use that gear..I did a battle of illum last night with a guy that got 50 the previous night but he was wearing 50 modded oranges with level 49 mods in them so he had under 12k health...he didnt know about the free tionese or even the free recruit gear, so my group offered to kill the mid bosses to try and get him some gear.

I agree, it's ridiculous how people skip bosses. I mean some of the bosses drop implants, which the free tionese coms don't give you and the others drop tionese gear you could use to gear up companions.

You mean the implants that drop EVERYWHERE? We don't even want them in our guilds bank anymore because they are nothing more than clutter to us. I prefer to skip as much as possible on the HM FP runs because not even my fresh 50's need tionese gear. Legacy gear plus Columi comms gets all of alts geared rather fast.

I would love to hear others opinion on this subject and - or - other suggestions into a viable compromise that would be an acceptable solution for all.

I created this thread it got ok attention with 18K views and lots of posts.

Perhaps you can find some answers how the community thinks there

Edited by Icestar

I don't mind people skipping bosses and trash, but I had an Ilum group this weekend where we wiped 3 times because people didn't know how to skip. I got fed up and demanded that we just do the darn thing as intended. Most fun I've had in awhile. Didn't get anything other than my 5 BH comms to show for it either.

Story mode is for story, Hard mode is for gear most of which is pointless now so to those who want your "immersion" go do story mode not harang 3 other strangers who just want their comms.

i agree with most that is said here, it should be up to the individual group to decide how they want to approach the raid. It should not be dictatated by the company.

I would like to make one caveat to that though, Many of you who haven't lvl'd toons lately probably aren't aware of how difficult it is to get groups for story mode FP's. It's to the point that besides, esseles/blacktalon, athis, and hammer station i don't even bother trying to queue up for the non HM FP's. Often times when i'm doing an FP for the first time it's the HM and not the story mode. I'd like to be able to watch the cinematics without being harrased. I do however declare my intentions right at the begining

That kind of made me lol. Don't forget mid bosses can drop exotech gear which in some cases is a little superior to tionese, I wore exotech medics legs until I was able to get the columi. I've had some groups where people could really really use that gear..I did a battle of illum last night with a guy that got 50 the previous night but he was wearing 50 modded oranges with level 49 mods in them so he had under 12k health...he didnt know about the free tionese or even the free recruit gear, so my group offered to kill the mid bosses to try and get him some gear.

do a SM EV you are almost full columi...do a HM you are in rakata...do SM TFB get rakata with maybe a BH piece. HM Fps too only need the bosses that drop the columi most of the BoI bosses dont drop that only the final boss drops the OH.

I get the skipping in HMs now that all 50s can get a full set of Tionese quality gear.

I don't however get the skipping (especially of the Bonus mission) when doing the Flash Points when levelling. Everyone needs the XP, be they:

• Tanks who are chain running FPs (because of instant queue pops). The more XP they get per run, the faster they will level and start doing the next FP (thus avoiding the "done this X times today, just want to get to the end" syndrome).
  • Healers who are chain running FPs (due to minimal wait times for the queue to pop). Again, the more XP they get per run, the faster they move onto the next FP.
  • DPS who are "trying" to chain run the FPs (but can't really because the queue only pops 20-30 minutes after they join the queue). Any additional XP is more than welcome if you are a DPS :D.

I don't get it, but I have to admit that lately (for some reason) the issue is less pronounced than it was 2 months ago. Nowadays, 9 out of 10 runs are full runs with the Tank leading the way :). (I like this change! ;))

i agree with most that is said here, it should be up to the individual group to decide how they want to approach the raid. It should not be dictatated by the company.

I would like to make one caveat to that though, Many of you who haven't lvl'd toons lately probably aren't aware of how difficult it is to get groups for story mode FP's. It's to the point that besides, esseles/blacktalon, athis, and hammer station i don't even bother trying to queue up for the non HM FP's. Often times when i'm doing an FP for the first time it's the HM and not the story mode. I'd like to be able to watch the cinematics without being harrased. I do however declare my intentions right at the begining

The last 3 toons that I've leveled (last 3-4 months) have been leveled with a mix of class/main planet quest only and Flash Points. My current toon is at 39 and I've done everysingle FP that appears in GF and depending on when I log on in the evening, I get to do 2 (sometimes 3) FPs per play session (as a DPS). This is true for both Empire and Republic sides (latest is a Sage, previous 2 were a Juggernaut and a Mercenary).

I'm on The Red Eclipse (EU) server. Maybe it is a problem on your server.

Before Tionese became free, i had no problem killing all the bosses if someone needed the gear, but even then it was a small chance they would even drop something useful. But now those bosses are completely redundant as they only drop what is considered to be vendor trash.

You mean the implants that drop EVERYWHERE? We don't even want them in our guilds bank anymore because they are nothing more than clutter to us. I prefer to skip as much as possible on the HM FP runs because not even my fresh 50's need tionese gear. Legacy gear plus Columi comms gets all of alts geared rather fast.

Not everyone has implants yet, fresh 50's with a tionese set don't have any new implants and could use them. My Ashara still has ****** implants from pre-50.