Cathar as a Playable Species

iamthehoyden

So it's official, Cathar are going to be the first expansion playable species.

Babies for f!trooper and Aric!! (and yes, I'll probably be rolling another trooper just to do this)

I'm really curious what kind of skin/hair/face models they're going to be using. All the female Cathar I've seen in the game have that really short hairstyle and most Cathar (aside from some of the Aric customizations) are reddish brown. Anyone happen to know what's normal as far as the lore goes?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i admit it... i;m furry for lions... if i can make one that looks like a totally badarse regal looking lion. i will. i'll prolly even scrap my SW as i made him look as lionish as a pureblood can ( that chin that looks like a finely groomed manebeard... purrrr)

This is the thread I saw on it. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=471614

I get so tired of all of the negativity on the general boards. It's a much better atmosphere over here in Story & Lore!

Lol, I'm not the only one who's noticed that. It's gotten to the point where if I have a topic I'd actually like to discuss I try to find a way to attach it to lore and story even if it wasn't originally meant to just cause I know if I put it in general it's going to get swallowed by the negativity.

Soooo... :)

Based on the skins they have for Aric already, I'm guessing we're going to have some pretty cool pelts to pick from. I'm thinking leopard would be fun.

Lol, I'm not the only one who's noticed that. It's gotten to the point where if I have a topic I'd actually like to discuss I try to find a way to attach it to lore and story even if it wasn't originally meant to just cause I know if I put it in general it's going to get swallowed by the negativity.

Soooo... :)

Based on the skins they have for Aric already, I'm guessing we're going to have some pretty cool pelts to pick from. I'm thinking leopard would be fun.

I can't wait to make a little lion man. He's going to look a lot like Urbax from the smuggler series on Coruscant... and be only my second male out of six.

Edited by Roodbot

Double yay! :D I think Cathar is a great choice for a new playable species, and glad to see a thread about it here. ^^

I am super curious to see what options will be available for them too! If I can make one with a decent looking head of hair (I'm weird, I can't stand playing bald or near-bald characters, lol) I am totally making myself a kitty when they are released. Definitely saving a class/slot for one! And hopefully they will be unlockable through legacy too, like current species are. :)

Crossing my fingers for a lioness or snow leopard type of pelt! <3

(I'm weird, I can't stand playing bald or near-bald characters, lol)

I'm the same way, pretty much the only race that hasn't made it past level 3 with me is Rattataki, although Twi'lek doesn't really appeal either. That said, I love bald (and nearly bald) men.

But if they have some actual hair for the females I'll be in good shape - if they had something a bit Cheetara-like I'd be even better.

I just hope for more character slots per server. I have used all eight by now and I really want a Cathar character. I wanted it since I first met that NPC catgirl on Ord Mantell <3

This ^^.

Though I'm not that jazzed about Cathars, I never liked them. But with more slots, I can try more races, given that thus far, I've rolled Sith and Humans. I'd love to see other new races added too. Maybe its the dog person in me, lol. :D

I didn't really expect Cathar to be the first expansion race, never even thought about it... But what can I see, it's perfect, ofc Cathar should be the first expasion race they 're awesome! :-). Edited by Inzuher

I'm really curious what kind of skin/hair/face models they're going to be using. All the female Cathar I've seen in the game have that really short hairstyle and most Cathar (aside from some of the Aric customizations) are reddish brown. Anyone happen to know what's normal as far as the lore goes?

Yeah all the Cathar NPCs are identical, even down to the faces and hair. I think of Jorgan as my runt since he's not body type 3 like 99.9% of the males of his species, haha.

Yeah, definately want more character slots. All of mine are full (at least until we get the ability to change our characters' name) and I would like to roll characters of other species, including Cathar. Now there are more species than there are character slots. Whoops.

I Loled. I wonder if they are releasing more species with the Cathar?

Not that I've seen. The only thing that worries me now is how many are going to name their characters "Cheetarah", "Liono", "Panthra", etc....

Personally, as a huge Chris Roberts fan, I'm going with Hobbes. Wing Commander FTW! :D

Edited by Captain_Zone

My only concern over this (and other potential new species) is that some missions/storylines/companion conversations rely heavily on a particular species. That is to say, if you're a cathar for example and the mission/conversation you're doing is about cathar (particularly if you're killing cathar), it might be a bit awkward or jarring if there's no dialog mention of your species.

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!* OMG!

Umm.. just got home. Saw this thread and :D

Though like someone else said before, I'd be interested to see what kind of skins the Cathar will get and how some of it will play out in story mode.

Now, I'm going to have to reroll my trooper, oh but Aric . hmm...

My only concern over this (and other potential new species) is that some missions/storylines/companion conversations rely heavily on a particular species. That is to say, if you're a cathar for example and the mission/conversation you're doing is about cathar (particularly if you're killing cathar), it might be a bit awkward or jarring if there's no dialog mention of your species.

hey, no more akward than my agent killing killiks with her husband XD